Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know what's going on with this auction or if it's the Slim batch 1 or not but thought I'd throw this out there for anyone looking for Frodo. Screenshot_20181205-205016_eBay.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Actually that’s my Frodo for sale its brand new. I forgot to cancel from BBTS and it just shipped to my house�� problem is I’d already purchased one from a forum member

So what’s the ETA on ol’ blue eyed and rosy cheeked Frodo?

Been holding off on this one since awhile as I didn’t think I had to rush to get a first batch.

I’m sure something like this isn’t costing out for them. Wasn’t there also a Gandolph sculpt or something we were supposed to have gotten replacements for that never came to fruition?

Yeah, I think announcing a plan to replace them at no cost to the collector was probably not thought through. They should've handled it like the expansion packs, offered them for a nominal fee. Of course, I can understand the people who received the "updated paint" head for Frodo not feeling like they should have to pay anything more to get it corrected.

At this point to make it happen I would be willing to pay a reduced rate for a replacement head to make it happen. Honestly there can't be that many heads with the sickly pale v2 paint sold.

Perhaps Asmus could make this another expansion pack at a certain price and if you have previously purchased one of their "v2" painted heads then you can purchase the new one at a reduced rate.

At this point to make it happen I would be willing to pay a reduced rate for a replacement head to make it happen. Honestly there can't be that many heads with the sickly pale v2 paint sold.

Perhaps Asmus could make this another expansion pack at a certain price and if you have previously purchased one of their "v2" painted heads then you can purchase the new one at a reduced rate.
Sorry, I've paid for one thing in promo photos and first reviews, and received another. That's quality issue. And deciding for me the appropriate paint is not good. I am not ready to pay more, I've already paid twice to have a decent Frodo.

Sent from my HUAWEI TIT-U02 using Tapatalk

Sorry, I've paid for one thing in promo photos and first reviews, and received another. That's quality issue. And deciding for me the appropriate paint is not good. I am not ready to pay more, I've already paid twice to have a decent Frodo.

Believe me, I agree with you and I was pretty pissed when that was the excuse presented.

But based on the promise of two other replace heads never being presented, I don't want replacement Frodo -- the lead of the trilogy -- to be the third promise to be lost forever.

I just grabbed this slim v2 from BBTS, I'm a bit late to the party here. I didn't realize there's a possibility of another version with a better painted head? I only paid $100 and considering I've paid that much for Mezco One:12 and SH Figuart figures, I'm pretty pleased with this. Yea, these eyes aren't blue enough but for the price this is one of my favorite additions to my collection.

o5QlD3S.jpg

Back