Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frodo is out of stock at Asmus' store??? Dammit! I really wanted to get both him and Sam.
The prices on ebay are bigger plus I like shippin' option from Asmus...
Won't be gettin' anything now. :(

Both are US based, which means $50-70 shipping.

I hope there will be a second run of this Frodo. Preferably a two-pack with Sam.

?
Frodo's still available from multiple sellers, including eBay. If you really want him, you can easily get him. If you don't want to pay shipping, that's fine, but I wouldn't expect a third release just so you can save shipping $$.

Just wanted to come back in here and say how amazing Frodo is. The figure's head sculpt is wonderful and shows that Asmus has upped their game.

Thank you, Asmus!

Yep. While it’s not a word I usually associate with a 1/6 figure, he’s “delightful”. I had a huge smile on my face when I opened the box.[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Has anyone who ordered just the replacement heads -- the expansion pack -- received them yet? I just looked up my order and it was 13 months ago. I've written to Asmus. They're pretty good about getting back.

They stated that the upgrade packs would ship separately because they actually send them direct from their office as opposed to the warehouse sending out the full figures. I only received the Merry and Pippin upgrade packs a few weeks ago, which was over a month after the figures shipped.

Yeah still waiting for the expansion sets. Making a little nervous as I'm closing on our house mid March and I hope to know which address to tell them to ship too...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah. Be careful. I bought a new house at the beginning of October, both Legolas and Boromir had to be forwarded (luckily) by the Post Office, because I never got a response from Asmus when I sent them a couple messages about how I had moved. They’re not real good about responding from their web-site.

Yeah. Be careful. I bought a new house at the beginning of October, both Legolas and Boromir had to be forwarded (luckily) by the Post Office, because I never got a response from Asmus when I sent them a couple messages about how I had moved. They’re not real good about responding from their web-site.
That's why I'm nervous.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Asmus have been pretty good on the customer service front. My Merry and Pippin upgrade set had a missing gold button on the cloak. I emailed them about it and they shipped out a replacement button in the mail that I received last week. I think they said the Frodo and Sam expansion sets would ship out some time in Feb? They've been pretty good at sending out stuff, so I'm happy to wait it out.

Just wanted to come back in here and say how amazing Frodo is. The figure's head sculpt is wonderful and shows that Asmus has upped their game.

Thank you, Asmus!

I totally agree... I’m so used to doing so much work on these guys I took him out and was like, oh so I guess that’s it. And put him on the shelf.

That means they did a great job... I just wish all of their releases were like this

Just pre-ordered Frodo, I'll see if I'll order Sam eventually. BTW, how is the hand swapping on these guys? I found that my The Mask figure and Gandalf figures were rather difficult to switch out hands.

Just received my Frodo. I say, wow, what a great figure. Didn't expect to like him that much. The detail on the outfit and accessories is amazing, and the new face just looks like Elijah Wood in miniature. Who should I get next?

Checking back the thread, looks like I'm not the only one with just one ring. Looks like the new version just have the one in the chain, and not additional rings in the extra hands. Also, I've noticed that the previous version included an elven cloak with the small leaf that is not present in the new release. Is that correct? And is that the same with Sam, just one cloak?

Back