Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The set isn’t the end of the world as some have stated. Asmus definitely corrected some issues but there still is a lot of things that needed to be tweaked. I had two sets ordered and canceled after seeing early photos that people had posted. After seeing a few reviews from people I trusted I took a stab and ordered one Luxury Set. In hand I was pleasantly surprised, maybe because I was expecting the worst. Anyway glad to have him and with an extra body, some cheap brown pants and boots I ended up with 2 figures.
Here’s some quick pictures.

B7191BC7-66D0-431E-B446-3ABC2C4A4897.jpeg
82318FED-F59D-41EF-8269-470AAEAAF326.jpeg
2BD3DAE8-D5BA-49A2-8542-32C4C88C9103.jpeg
45DE5DF1-57FB-47E6-A1FA-7E98066D4678.jpeg
3D5C5E81-E082-48F3-9330-4B07FADAA63F.jpeg
588450FB-B1B9-4737-8049-BF994EB22C8A.jpeg

Standard pre order on SS still says Mar-Apr 22, I'd really like to get one of these in hand so I can start to futz!

Can anyone recommend a decent enough body from there? Doesn't have to be fancy as it'll be covered with clothing.
I would just used a Hot Toys clone. Narrow Shoulder type body. Paint the neck to match the head and your golden. Find a pair of brown pants and boots and boom second figure. I recently uploaded my review (Marshall Made Collectibles) of this set and showed my quick kit bashed Evil Ash - which I used a HT Crow body as a filler until my cheap $17 HT clone arrives.

I would just used a Hot Toys clone. Narrow Shoulder type body. Paint the neck to match the head and your golden. Find a pair of brown pants and boots and boom second figure. I recently uploaded my review (Marshall Made Collectibles) of this set and showed my quick kit bashed Evil Ash - which I used a HT Crow body as a filler until my cheap $17 HT clone arrives.
Yeah, I have a cart going with boots, pants, belt, base, etc. I just need a body. Any on that site you can recommend?

In the long run I just ended up canceling. I shouldnt have to justify a two hundred dollar product on multiple levels. That and the overall cost of these things have me rethinking the hobby. It's likely time for me to get out of sixth scale honestly.
I really don’t blame you. The hobby is getting very expensive now.

I’m strongly considering canceling this as well. It’ll help pay for something else that’s better.

I still haven't received an e-mail from Asmus about my pre-order. . .
If you’re waiting to pay the balance, Asmus invoice via HiTRUSTpay which tends to look pretty suspicious in your inbox when you don’t know what it is.
Wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of people just move that straight to their trash. Best to request another invoice.

If you’re trying to cancel and get your NRD back then… good luck.

In the long run I just ended up canceling. I shouldnt have to justify a two hundred dollar product on multiple levels. That and the overall cost of these things have me rethinking the hobby. It's likely time for me to get out of sixth scale honestly.
And to think with $284 you can get HT the Batman with 2 heads, the masked head comes with movable eyes and face plates, detailed armored costume and plenty of accessories.. or, with $290 you can get a really good 1/6 Ledger Joker with Queen Studios level of quality both in paint, sculpt and clothes..

My luxury edition is meant to ship very soon from SS, and I'm doing a little shopping at Monkey Depot in preparation of building a second Possessed Ash.

Can anyone recommend a decent enough body from there? Doesn't have to be fancy as it'll be covered with clothing.

Monkey Depot - The Finest in Scale Military

Thanks!
Are you just guessing yours is going to ship soon or did you get a "preparing to ship" email? I'm still waiting for mine and I LITERALLY ordered it within the first 60 seconds it was put up for pre-order 😂 but of course, as we all know, sometimes it doesn't matter when you ordered from SS since sometimes ppl who order something day 1 will get their item after people who order months later, but I still haven't seen any update from anyone who ordered from SS.

I had just assumed we were waiting for the Henrietta replacements to arrive before SS started shipping the deluxe orders since we know Asmus said it was too late to fix SS allotment because they were already on their way to them and they were sending the Henrietta replacements to SS, so I just assumed maybe SS already had the Luxury sets but decided to wait so they could send the replacement Henrietta's together. Man... I'm getting so impatient now 😂 I have my backdrop on the way from the printer but no figure

Just got the standard edition. Very happy, just a few small issues.. There's not horizontal swivel on the torso, the legs seem to bow out a little when bending the knees, a long scratch on the base and no replacement stickers. so I have an Ash Willams 🙄 If I had the confidence to customise I could fix the issue of when opening his collar, it appear bright blue, which is my main gripe. Everything else is very cool. Happy.

Found a standard on ebay for retail price and cancelled my sideshow pre order. I should finally have one of these sometime next week.

Trying to find the picture somebody posted using the jx s01, can't find it though. Is anyone else using this body?

Some of this stuff are mistakes and other things are just bad designs. Like how they glued the book together. Instead of using a blank page they used the first & last pages which are illustrated. Why the hell would you make a dope a** book and glue one of the coolest looking illustrations to the inner cover? :lol I pulled mine apart and luckily it came off without destroying the image. Sure, I won't open it or use it much but that's not the point.

Front page and back page respectively:

20220325_100953.jpg
20220325_101001.jpg

Back