Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently got my deposit back for the luxury version from Asmus. Lesson learned; no more pre-ordering anything from this company. Even though there is some fantastic work being done by collectors on this figure, this release was a **** fest. Especially for the price. If the price comes down to a range where I can justify the purchase along with the upgrades maybe I bit.

Some of this stuff are mistakes and other things are just bad designs. Like how they glued the book together. Instead of using a blank page they used the first & last pages which are illustrated. Why the hell would you make a dope a** book and glue one of the coolest looking illustrations to the inner cover? :lol I pulled mine apart and luckily it came off without destroying the image. Sure, I won't open it or use it much but that's not the point.

Front page and back page respectively:

View attachment 568828View attachment 568829
I wonder if they had a different binding method in mind originally, and took a shortcut toward the finish line, like they did in other areas?

I wonder if they had a different binding method in mind originally, and took a shortcut toward the finish line, like they did in other areas?

Who knows. Asmus does really cool stuff and then fails on things that are so improtant. Their Crown Gandalf is a killer figure but they botched the eyes by making them movable - which is completely unnecessary.They took the time to use really good material for the stache and beard but didnt make the stache look more reaistic, etc. I can see Asmus trying and I wanna root for them but g** damn, man. Come on.....

Hmm, I may try and add a blank page to glue down if that's the case and it comes off easy enough...that is if SS ever gets them in. That really was a stupid and probably overlooked decision. I'm thinking about ordering a Luxury from Asmus and just cancelling my SS. According to the shipping it'll end up being a bit cheaper from Asmus or basically the exact same price if you factor in the reward points I'd get from SS. Plus, it seems like Asmus actually fixed their stock a bit and the SS stock we know was sent out before they could even add the Henrietta.

Edit**
I decided to reach out to SS and they said they have "started to recieve shipments of this figure in small waves" and it should start shipping out in the next week or so.

Double Edit** I ended up buying another luxury set from Asmus. Must've been the last one because I could only add one to my cart and now it says "Sold Out". I'll wait until that one ships before I cancel my SS order or I'll see if anyone needs it for retail price. Just figured I had a better shot of getting a better sample from Asmus and I will likely get it sooner than SS at this point 😂

Last edited:
Hopefully these pics will help some people that want a better harness, I used 5mm "coyote" webbing from the link below that I painted brown, still used the leather strap and holster from the asmus ash but I had to use extra strapping to extend the strap with the gold ring, the leather pieces aren't as accurate as they should be, this is more for people that just want to upgrade their asmus harness PS no idea if this will stain the figure or body
IMG_20220326_205703_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220326_205745_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220326_205844_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220326_210017_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220326_210123_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220326_210200_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220326_210317_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220326_210334_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220326_210349_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220326_210415_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220326_210452_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220326_210543_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220326_210904_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220326_210924_HDR.jpg
A902 1:6 Scale ace action figure DIY 3mm 5mm 6mm 8mm webbing strap Free shipping | eBay

Cough - do a run? - Cough
Ive made so many ash harnesses over the years that I absolutely hate doing it now sorry, hopefully people will go out and try making one themselves now that I've posted pics and a link. It's honestly not hard at all, just time consuming

Ive made so many ash harnesses over the years that I absolutely hate doing it now sorry, hopefully people will go out and try making one themselves now that I've posted pics and a link. It's honestly not hard at all, just time consuming
I was looking at those straps but wasn't sure it was the same size.

Looking for some people's opinions on the color of the webbing, is the dark brown more accurate do you guys think ?
IMG_20220329_022726_HDR.jpg
Screenshot_2021-04-02-04-02-18~2.jpg

Hopefully these pics will help some people that want a better harness, I used 5mm "coyote" webbing from the link below that I painted brown, still used the leather strap and holster from the asmus ash but I had to use extra strapping to extend the strap with the gold ring, the leather pieces aren't as accurate as they should be, this is more for people that just want to upgrade their asmus harness PS no idea if this will stain the figure or bodyView attachment 568978View attachment 568979 A902 1:6 Scale ace action figure DIY 3mm 5mm 6mm 8mm webbing strap Free shipping | eBay

Excellent. Thanks for the post, bowen. I was asking about the closest mm to use a while ago. This looks great and I'll be doing the same.

I FINALLY got my hands on him. I cancelled my Sideshow order the same day I ordered him from Asmus. Do you think I got my Sideshow refund first or my Luxury Edition from across the globe? 🤣 Haven't had a chance to open him up yet, but I love how Asmus packs their box. Like they care about making sure it arrives safely. Even SS double boxed items don't arrive as safely.

ANYWAY, can't wait to get him setup. And then decide what changes need to be made. I've never done any sixth scale altering but I'm definitely going to give the scrapes a try after I look into the best painting methods. If anyone has any spare time and can either post or PM me a quick run down of the type of paint I should use and some suggestions on how to go about it i would greatly appreciate it.

Pretty satisfied with my set. Henrietta looks great. I have a question about the vice. Is the handle supposed to be separate? Because mines separate and inserting it and turning it does nothing to move the vice grip, so what am I missing 😂

Attachments

• 1648760003593642968444139337715.jpg
    1648760003593642968444139337715.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 33
Back