Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a bit of hesitation when I canceled. And that's coming from a guy who likes to work on his figures. It just did not sit well when I was going to pay about $380 for a figure and it NEEDED so much work.

After that review I'm honestly thinking about canceling my standard version too. Jesus.
I think you won't have to worry about the sculpt with the standard. The chainsaw falling, and breaking was his fault for not securing it on the arm. Otherwise figure is pretty decent with some work I didn't do much to mine except the body swap and weathering with a new belt. The only other thing I'm changing out is the harness. I'll dive deeper into mods way later like having the sculpt haired and more wet blood added.

The body splitting, wrist peg breaking, crappy seamless arms, one of them with a huge gap at the shoulder, Head joint mechanism coming out, Deadite head sculpt gap/pain to get on and giraffe neck. These are issues you might expect from a start up company that has never done 1/6 figures before. These guys have been around long enough that these issues should not be happening. How much is the standard $200?

The body splitting, wrist peg breaking, crappy seamless arms, one of them with a huge gap at the shoulder, Head joint mechanism coming out, Deadite head sculpt gap/pain to get on and giraffe neck. These are issues you might expect from a start up company that has never done 1/6 figures before. These guys have been around long enough that these issues should not be happening. How much is the standard $200?
Yup $200 total not counting shipping and other fees.

Last edited:
So, I actually paid off my invoice after sitting on it for over a week and received my deluxe Ash set last week. I just figured what the hell- people are getting decent enough results and, after adding hair to Henrietta, it’s not looking that bad on the whole/ and it’s not thaaaat bad.

All the complaints are well founded and this release reeks of mediocrity trying to pass for a premium product. The ambition was clearly there and the prototype was impressive but the execution falls far from meeting it.

No doubt, this release has provided the absolute worst set of seamless arms of all time. You can just about bend them to the first ratchet point- which is still essentially a straight, resting position- without the rubber turning into crinkled paper but, after that, it becomes laughably bad and no degree of massaging or finessing can do anything about it.
It’s a disgrace that Asmus even went ahead with these. Molded seamless arms would’ve been much better seeing as no one will ever want to bend these ones. At least they’d be more detailed.
I pray that Asmus tries to learn from this failed venture and is reworking their approach with Gollum’s limbs.

I dislike all crotch stands but the disgusting, flimsy, pillar-like crotch grabber that has Asmus’ brand name engraved all over it is an absolute failure and has been a disgrace in every figure that I’ve received it with. So far, that’s Crown Gandalf, Helms Deep Aragorn, Helms Deep Legolas and now Ash; it hasn’t fit securely into a single port and always seems to be positioned in an inconvenient spot. I just hate it. The plastic is so weak, the one that came with Ash has split from the pressure of the shorter than usual metal V wire pushing against it.

Henrietta- previously the most offensive part of the scandal- is now one of the most satisfying aspects. Sure, she still doesn’t live up to the proto but the downgrade is not so bad that it seems offensive.
Ash himself however is probably my biggest let down of the set- especially the primary head. It’s just a really soft sculpt with minimal paint detail or texture and an expression that doesn’t evoke anything remotely Ash-esque.
Deadite Ash is also not great. Perhaps not as bad as most photos will make it look but the paint is heavily and amateurishly applied.
It’s almost as if this whole set was given to some new interns to practice developing their skills on.

The clothing needs more weathering and the entire product would benefit from some skilled repainting, especially Ash’s face but I can’t muster anywhere near enough energy to do any of that any time soon so mine is currently unmodded, fresh out of the box.

The base diorama is the main reason I wanted this to begin with and why I still picked it up despite all the negative reports and I’m mostly satisfied with it. Some of the paint is a bit slopped on and the vines are kind of cartoonish but overall it succeeds in delivering what was promised and I think it’s the only way to display this Ash to detract enough from all of the actual figure’s inadequacies.
I just don’t know why all Asmus bases have to be made of heavy resin. Most collectors display in glass cabinets so keeping things a reasonable weight should also be a factor to consider.

The Necronomicon is great. Flicking through all the unique pages is really fun.

Now here’s some pics. Natural daylight exposes how bland the paint work is but, a bit of lighting and a healthy dose of shadows and photo filters can bring out a more cinematic look.

Daylight
A034FFCA-014F-43B9-B014-6B30B5DE5B93.jpeg

The Rest
D7678BEB-32F5-4F51-9723-754FF3CB0F87.jpeg

C49AAAD0-CAF6-4118-BA0F-DF566C5252E6.jpeg

6E1503E4-F89E-4306-9EBF-044433CBDCD7.jpeg

545F6089-E8D4-4006-A0DC-BA5AF6623188.jpeg

Get things dark enough and that face actually starts to look determined.
E37B3210-54A5-4D70-BF94-B3A26FC53CF6.jpeg

D96FC2B1-D92C-4812-AC2D-D1299FC90F06.jpeg

62D2DF52-51A8-46EE-B449-18DE4AA3E23A.jpeg

Henrietta- previously the most offensive part of the scandal- is now one of the most satisfying aspects. Sure, she still doesn’t live up to the proto but the downgrade is not so bad that it seems offensive.
You know what,

Few weeks ago, asmus reached to me personally via conversation, asking what did they do wrong, and of course I spilled out every issues that me and the customers have with them. Including lying to customers about saying that the Henrietta prototype pics is the real deal.
And you know what asmus said?

Asmus:
For Henrietta:
ok, it is NOT the prototype, because we don't have the prototype any more, it was given to the factory at the begining of the production. If you think it is good, then I will tell you now, ALL our haired Henrrienta are like that. I will take photo for you tomorrow, we still have 100+ lying on the floor unboxed because we check all 400 order piece by piece.

And then I asked again:

For Henrietta, so you can confirm it here, that the Henrietta paintjob that people will receive will have this exact paint details:
WeChat 圖片_20220113203455.jpeg
I just need you to confirm it, so I can use it as a proof if the actual product doesn't look like the picture above.

..aaand asmus never replied back.
I still have the conversation with asmus in my inbox as a proof. Last sent msg from asmus is Feb 10th, and no confirmation or answer about my Henrietta question.

I don't have Henrietta in hand because I never ordered the set/figure, but from what I see, the real deal doesn't look like the pic above. I just don't get it why asmus still have the guts to lie.. Blatantly lie about Henrietta, when it's pretty clear that the truth is out.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter how much work anyone does, NOTHING will ever draw my attention away from those awfully placed eyes and that utterly dead expression. As much as I love seeing the effort and customization people are doing, the face is where I naturally look first and it just looks devoid of any 'Ash' or any personality whatsoever. He looks like Hayley Joel Osment in the dinner scene of A.I. Artificial Intelligence in every single photo. Such a shame, as I was genuinely looking forward to this figure.

Finally got mine, leather is already pealing off..nice...
Figure needs a lot of work, but is not that horrible, for me to expensive for what it is, the steamless arms are the most terrible piece ive seen in a figures in years
1646067587865587770300838344149.jpg

16460676282382423676666395027483.jpg

You know what,

Few weeks ago, asmus reached to me personally via conversation, asking what did they do wrong, and of course I spilled out every issues that me and the customers have with them. Including lying to customers about saying that the Henrietta prototype pics is the real deal.
And you know what asmus said?

Asmus:
For Henrietta:
ok, it is NOT the prototype, because we don't have the prototype any more, it was given to the factory at the begining of the production. If you think it is good, then I will tell you now, ALL our haired Henrrienta are like that. I will take photo for you tomorrow, we still have 100+ lying on the floor unboxed because we check all 400 order piece by piece.

And then I asked again:

For Henrietta, so you can confirm it here, that the Henrietta paintjob that people will receive will have this exact paint details:
View attachment 564693
I just need you to confirm it, so I can use it as a proof if the actual product doesn't look like the picture above.

..aaand asmus never replied back.
I still have the conversation with asmus in my inbox as a proof. Last sent msg from asmus is Feb 10th, and no confirmation or answer about my Henrietta question.

I don't have Henrietta in hand because I never ordered the set/figure, but from what I see, the real deal doesn't look like the pic above. I just don't get it why asmus still have the guts to lie.. Blatantly lie about Henrietta, when it's pretty clear that the truth is out.
Screenshot_2022-02-28-19-22-44-043_com.miui.gallery.jpg
not prototype level, but not as bad as before

View attachment 564794not prototype level, but not as bad as before
I agree.

The biggest different is I think on the collar details. The prototype one has a very neat and clean pattern.
That's why I think, asmus shouldn't have lied by showing the proto pics. They can just show this pic of the actual product, and the customer will not mind at all, we all know that there will be downgrade from prototype to the mass product level.

Hey guys some good news. I had a talk with DTS Studios and he has agreed to do an Ash head sculpt. It won't be anytime soon but he is interested, and I suggested him to do multiple expressions as Ash in Evil Dead 2 has various expressions. Lol

Hey guys some good news. I had a talk with DTS Studios and he has agreed to do an Ash head sculpt. It won't be anytime soon but he is interested, and I suggested him to do multiple expressions as Ash in Evil Dead 2 has various expressions. Lol
That's actually awesome. Maybe I can kitbash a Army of Darkness figure with one.

Back