Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well you can see all the parts that were replaced in white styrene in those last pics I posted. I cut away the entire top, and also cut out the bar plate and replaced it with a separate inset piece. I also added the missing bumper spikes, dremeled off the old muffler and made a new one. I also cut off the two nubs on the bottom and replaced it with the proper support stand.

I didn't make any changes to the side with the grill, other than to dremel the bottom edge so it angles inward more, and wouldn't look quite as boxy from the bottom.

Clock is finished for my dio.

dioclocksmall.jpg

Ash arrived today. I think it's a good figure though definitley has a lot of inaccuracies with gear and such I for now will work with what I got. I wasted no time to switch it over to a banner body and I weathered him up, I also switched the belt to a more accurate one.
20220222_152948.jpg
20220222_153454.jpg

Last edited:
I'm on the fence too, I've had the payment request in my email for over a week. I'm not a gigantic fan from the 80's like some of you, I did rewatch the movie last week and still really love it though. Maybe I'll see how long I can drag it out lol before they cancel or request payment again.

Wanted to show you guys Ash is good for now I'll make the accurate Harness myself later. But for now I switched out the upper torso from the banner to a Jx toys as I felt the skin tone matched the sculpt was better. I think this is a decent enough figure just needs a lot of changes.
20220223_102905~2.jpg

Looking good! I'll be using a JX for mine as well.
Not using the JX toys body just the upper chest piece (had a broken down Jx body laying around so used the chest) glued on the HT banner body. I liked the JX for Ash but the chainsaw doesn't fit well on the arm, as it started to tare the arm under the peg, the cuff for the chainsaw is a bit slim so it didn't work. So I decided to stick with the HT bruce banner body but I switched the chest piece.

I…Want…My…Ash! Waiting for SS is always a killer. Hope they get the replacement Henrietta’s by mid-March at least.

Looks great. As Luienigma1 mentioned, I also had a problem with betting the chainsaw to fit right. Did you have to modify anything?

No. It did require a bit of force but I didn’t really have any issues, twisting it on rather than straight on pushing seemed to do the trick for me. I figured if I did damage the bottom of the arm at the wrist, considering he’s just severed it with a chainsaw it would be in character anyway.

No. It did require a bit of force but I didn’t really have any issues, twisting it on rather than straight on pushing seemed to do the trick for me. I figured if I did damage the bottom of the arm at the wrist, considering he’s just severed it with a chainsaw it would be in character anyway.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I did, but still feels a bit precarious.I damaged the wrist a bit but it's covered with the chainsaw and will never be used for anything else so no biggie. Did you use the JX pegs or the ones that came with Ash?

Yeah, that's pretty much what I did, but still feels a bit precarious.I damaged the wrist a bit but it's covered with the chainsaw and will never be used for anything else so no biggie. Did you use the JX pegs or the ones that came with Ash?
The JX pegs. Chainsaw fell of a couple of times at first but now it doesn’t feel like it’s going anywhere.

Back