Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, after about 6 days of work I think I'm fairly happy with how my chainsaw is looking. I tried to correct some of the more glaring issues and add some missing details, based on the best reference I could find (and the youtube channel for Brett's Groovy Chainsaws which has some of the best replicas I've seen), but I know there's even more that probably could have been done.

My paint job and weathering ended up a bit more pronounced and heavy-handed than I wanted, but it was my first time trying this kind of thing. Fortunately it still works well enough on display and captures the basic look I was going for. And hopefully once the rest of the figure is weathered and dirtied up some more, it will blend in a bit better.

20220217_190404 (2).jpg

20220217_185944 (2).jpg

20220217_190123 (2).jpg

20220217_190437 (2).jpg

20220217_190738 (2).jpg

Alright, after about 6 days of work I think I'm fairly happy with how my chainsaw is looking. I tried to correct some of the more glaring issues and add some missing details, based on the best reference I could find (and the youtube channel for Brett's Groovy Chainsaws which has some of the best replicas I've seen), but I know there's even more that probably could have been done.

My paint job and weathering ended up a bit more pronounced and heavy-handed than I wanted, but it was my first time trying this kind of thing. Fortunately it still works well enough on display and captures the basic look I was going for. And hopefully once the rest of the figure is weathered and dirtied up some more, it will blend in a bit better.

View attachment 563221

View attachment 563222

View attachment 563223

View attachment 563224
Nicely done bud. I think the paint job looks great especially the bottom of the saw, looks good.

Looks really good! What belt are you using by the way?
It's just a belt I picked up from Monkeydepot. Says it's by Threezero, but not sure what figure.

My first impression was it was way too big, and more like the thicker belt he wore in Evil Dead 1 than 2, but I'm really liking the late 70s/early 80s kind of look it has so I may just keep it on him.

20220218_000552 (2).jpg

It's just a belt I picked up from Monkeydepot. Says it's by Threezero, but not sure what figure.

My first impression was it was way too big, and more like the thicker belt he wore in Evil Dead 1 than 2, but I'm really liking the late 70s/early 80s kind of look it has so I may just keep it on him.

View attachment 563253
Actually noticed that they painted the middle of the shotgun brown like if it was wood which isn't accurate. So when I do get my figure that's something I'll change.

View attachment 563221

View attachment 563222

View attachment 563223

View attachment 563226

View attachment 563224
This looks amazing mate ! Brett does some amazing work ! I used his saws as reference for a sideshow saw I pulled apart and customised a couple of years ago, you're weathering in particular is very well done, it looks like the real thing
FB_IMG_1620203388193.jpg

Yup they definitely got that wrong. I'm guessing they didn't use much reference for this at all, but just made up their own generic version thinking most people wouldn't notice.

Yup they definitely got that wrong. I'm guessing they didn't use much reference for this at all, but just made up their own generic version thinking most people wouldn't notice.
Hey Dave was it it an easy process to take the chainsaw apart? It wasn't tightly glued together? Seeing your work has given me the idea to do the same and repaint it once I get it.

It wasn't too hard. I think the side pieces popped off pretty easy. The only difficult part was prying the main body apart, and I ended up with a couple deep gouges in the plastic, but I was intending to dremel and reshape most of those areas anyway.

I didn't bother trying to keep the gear in place for the pull handle, since I was never going to use it.

Here's a couple pics I took before painting.

20220213_230413 (2).jpg

20220213_230439 (2).jpg

Last edited:
In the end I cancelled my order. I just could not justify the cost and the work I would need to put into it to get it up to snuff. With all the awesome modding in this thread I did contemplate keeping it when Asmus sent me the invoice. It was sent even though I asked for a refund. There is a bit of regret, but I could not in good conscience give this company my money.

It wasn't too hard. I think the side pieces popped off pretty easy. The only difficult part was prying the main body apart, and I ended up with a couple deep gouges in the plastic, but I was intending to dremel and reshape most of those areas anyway.

I didn't bother trying to keep the gear in place for the pull handle, since I was never going to use it.

Here's a couple pics I took before painting.

View attachment 563348
View attachment 563349
Nice yeah this will probably be something new for me to do as I've never taken apart an accessory like this.
Also good news Asmus got back to my emails they said they will ship Ash out in a few days and will let me know when they do so thankfully it's working out.

Back