Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Diluted leather brown by Vallejo paints tends to work pretty well for me. Can you recommend some Vallejo pigment colors?
I would pick up an inexpensive set of pastel sticks..colors in a gradient so you have several shades to choose. Shave some off into a powder and experiment.
Maybe rub some shades on your own nipple to see what matches best.
(Ok that last part was a joke 🤣🤣🤣 but I hope the other info helps you out.)

Last edited:
47514C96-C7C8-4E14-8062-7CC4D0772AD2.jpeg

Here’s an example of Vallejo leather brown. If watered down it usually matches most darker skin tones.

That is looking awesome!

I am on the same page but deciding between a cabin or work shed.

In the meantime Ash will have to hang out in the barn with Jason....

View attachment 560533
Big Jason fan. Love the barn setup. I think the only thing that would keep me from a wood shed dio is all the items that go inside. Tons of stuff are in it in the movie.

This is kinda heartbreaking…I wish Asmus had produced a figure that was worthy of your diorama…
Your diorama truly deserves a better Ash.
I guess we'll see. I may end up modding him some. I do have an ss head I'd like to try and I may weather the clothes a little. Thats about it.

That is looking awesome!

I am on the same page but deciding between a cabin or work shed.

In the meantime Ash will have to hang out in the barn with Jason....

View attachment 560533
That's a tough call. The set is such a mashup of scenes.

Henrietta and Linda's head really don't belong together, and the base is already a blend of cabin & work shed. His look in your photo is definitely work shed Ash (metal top chainsaw, harness with un-torn shirt), but then again, a work shed diorama would leave Henrietta out in the cold.

What about going with the cabin, and Linda's head in a rocking chair, or on a zombie body, reaching through the window?

That's a tough call. The set is such a mashup of scenes.

Henrietta and Linda's head really don't belong together, and the base is already a blend of cabin & work shed. His look in your photo is definitely work shed Ash (metal top chainsaw, harness with un-torn shirt), but then again, a work shed diorama would leave Henrietta out in the cold.

What about going with the cabin, and Linda's head in a rocking chair, or on a zombie body, reaching through the window?
Spoken like a true Evil Dead fan!
These are all things I have been considering. There is no way I could source all the items in the shed and I don't have time to make them.
I was thinking about the chair like you mentioned.
So many possibilities!

I know the Sideshow and Asmus figures have their issues, but back in the day before even McFarlane made an Ash figure there was nothing for fans. I had to resort to making my own in the late 90 out of a wrestling referee figure and an Autolycus figure's from Xena that I shaved the goatee off and made the book and chainsaw from sculpy. It's seen better days (the base is falling apart and the cross needs re glued) in the last 25 years and I am so happy that NECA and everyone else has made figures of Ash.

20220204_214924.jpg20220204_214928.jpg20220204_214953.jpg20220204_215013.jpg20220204_215026.jpg20220204_215037.jpg.

what's your job? in general terms, I'm just curious
I’m not sure what his job is, but he’s really into hobbies so I think his hobby must be swimming around in his giant money bin like Scrooge McDuck while counting his gold pieces and laughing at all the poor fools who are so down on their luck and penniless that they can actually tell the difference between a $19.95 NECA figure and a $350.00 1/6 scale figure…those poor peasants.

I’m not sure what his job is, but he’s really into hobbies so I think his hobby must be swimming around in his giant money bin like Scrooge McDuck while counting his gold pieces and laughing at all the poor fools who are so down on their luck and penniless that they can actually tell the difference between a $19.95 NECA figure and a $350.00 1/6 scale figure…those poor peasants.
This is creeping me out how accurate this is. You are either psychic or you are spying on me!

My job (although it's really nobody's business) is in raisins.
All my income is raisin related. I don't have a money pit to swim in, I spend all my income on Hobby supplies.

This is creeping me out how accurate this is. You are either psychic or you are spying on me!

All my income is raisin related. I don't have a money pit to swim in, I spend all my income on Hobby supplies.
You created the California Raisins didn't ya? 😉

it's just peculiar that a millionaire will be here arguing about a toy with us lower peasants lol.
you're like the online forum dwelling batman lol. :ROFLMAO:

Ha ha agreed…your job is definitely no one’s business, but then, neither is your annual income, a far more private subject I would think, but you had no trouble volunteering that information so in fairness, it’s only natural that someone might be curious about the source of that income, right?

it's just peculiar that a millionaire will be here arguing about a toy with us lower peasants lol.
you're like the online forum dwelling batman lol. :ROFLMAO:
Don’t insult him by accusing him of being a mere millionaire…he laughs at millionaires…our friend here is at least a billionaire…if not a trillionaire!

Back