Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No argument there. The fact that many in the hobby look at these final stock figures as a partially filled canvases for their own creative expression no doubt contributes to the lack of accountability by the companies producing them. The hobby very well might suck. Addictive tho...

On a related note, quick straw poll: Who is still sticking around here?
1. Angry non-buyer, still venting frustrations
2. Begrudgingly bitter buyer who isn't happy, but won't back out (non-customizer)
3. Happy buyer (non-customizer)
4. Customizer who definitely wants it, but is bitter about the work necessary to 'fix it'
5. Happy buyer, eager to get to customizing because that is the fun part.
I consider myself begrudgingly undecided…

I was expecting to just skip this after the initial scandal but now find myself waiting for more in hand pics, reviews and mods to fully decide if I want to dive in.

No doubt this requires several essential fixes so I’m gonna take my time and really see if any desire can be rekindled or the end results people achieve are something I deem worth my time and money.

I took a few minutes to brush some pigment powder into Linda's hair and set with a spray of isopropyl alcohol. It needs a trim and styling still. And perhaps a bit more pigment. I'll play around with it this weekend. 20220201_191320-01.jpeg20220201_191252-01.jpeg20220201_191334-01.jpegScreenshot_20220129-170528_YouTube-01.jpeg

Took some time this weekend to mess with Ash. As far away as possible about being happy with how Asmus handled all of this, but I figured I'd make the best out of a bad situation. (Apologies for the less than stellar cell phone pictures.)

View attachment 559702
The sculpt looks really good here! Did you repaint it at all or is that just the stock paint?

Painting and customizing things, using creativity and artistic skills is a hobby.

Buying something from the internet and setting it on a shelf to look at is not really much of a hobby...it's collecting. My mom collects fancy plates with pretty flowers. She gets one and sets it on a shelf to look at..not a hobby. My aunt makes pottery, thats a hobby.
Collecting action figures, plates, stamps, comic books, paintings, antique pistols, whatever, are all HOBBIES…just because some of us prefer to buy and display our figures without vandalizing them doesn’t make it any less of a hobby.
Guess an art collector who buys the Mona Lisa doesn’t have a “HOBBY” until he paints a Groucho Marx disguise on her face…

I was going to suggest to HMC117 if your going for the Hero look with torn shirt why not buy a new body with the nips (🤣) already painted? The JX toys S01 is a good option.

Collecting action figures, plates, stamps, comic books, paintings, antique pistols, whatever, are all HOBBIES…just because some of us prefer to buy and display our figures without vandalizing them doesn’t make it any less of a hobby.
Guess an art collector who buys the Mona Lisa doesn’t have a “HOBBY” until he paints a Groucho Marx disguise on her face…
"Vandalize" sorry. I stopped reading at that point.

I was going to suggest to HMC117 if your going for the Hero look with torn shirt why not buy a new body with the nips (🤣) already painted? The JX toys S01 is a good option.
I might buy a phicen body, or i might keep the stock body. I'll see when i get the figure, but i also have the Threezero Rambo III figure and it's always annoyed me slightly that he doesn't have nipples

I'm just glad Brian is here to enlighten us nOoBs on how we all should perceive and enjoy whatever it is we do, all while making huge assumptions. I feel like Brian needs a video series where he comes over to people's houses and knocks all your stuff onto the floor while screaming "This ain’t no hobby!" and leaves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Collecting DVDs is a hobby. It just doesn't require any real skill or challenge
Learning vocabulary is a rewarding hobby.
View attachment 559939View attachment 559940
Yep…that is precisely the definition that I am referring to…its your private property and you have the right to vandalize it…the “improvement” is in the eye of the beholder…

Still waiting the invoice for luxury.
Saying collecting figures is not a hobby is just stupid sorry.
I saw in facebook this:

Attachments

• IMG_20220202_143537.jpg
    IMG_20220202_143537.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 85
LOL at "getting the full asmus experience" 🤣

You will never get the essence of collecting, until you get the full asmus experience!
Im concerned, my shipping is international, if i miss some piece i dont want an epic battle to get that piece...
And for what ive read, asmus is not very trusty about replacements

Maybe I just don't buy enough "high end" items that are perfect out of the box, but don't most threads pretty much move into 'fix and improve' status after the first couple weeks? Once the general hate/love comments start to get repetitive, the non-customizers will make their 'yay or nay' decision and move on to other things.
The customizers will stick around and provide innovative new content keeping the thread relevant. Quite the contrary to being 'funny', it is pretty much the natural order of things.
That's a pretty good summation on how a lot of threads go. Although, sometimes theres a person or persons that will never let it go. This is a mentality I don't understand. I see this a lot in FB groups. Whenever someone posts a picture of Rey or Kylo Ren figures with a positive remark the same person(s) need to hop in to let everyone know how much they hate the ST or that Disney ruined everything. I don't like the the PT or the ST either but I can't think of a time I've ever did something like that. Lol

I took a few minutes to brush some pigment powder into Linda's hair and set with a spray of isopropyl alcohol. It needs a trim and styling still. And perhaps a bit more pigment. I'll play around with it this weekend. View attachment 559924View attachment 559925View attachment 559926View attachment 559927
Oooh I'm really glad to see this! I was worried I would need to re-hair Linda (which I've never attempted before) but with these results I might just source some pigment powder and try this instead! Maybe even add some dark blood leaking from her mouth. Thanks!!

Back