Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
titty babies..
starwars-obi-wan.gif

You’re right, that only happens when the item sells out. Then those people freak out and do the “I should’ve just bought it” thing & “I regret not being able to get it. Now it’s on eBay got high prices”
It happened with my Berserk Sword bookends. I was lucky with Dark Horse's waitlist, but the bookends arrived and the blade bookend was crooked compared to the hilt end. I wanted to feel ok with my purchase, so I was one of the people who wanted 'validation' for spending money on something that wasn't as advertised, but nearly everyone on Facebook said 'I'd return them if I paid $200 and they were crooked'. I almost returned them, but Dark Horse offered me a 50% refund, so I ended up only paying $100 for the set. They now go for $1.8k- 3k on Ebay and pretty much every set I've seen on youtube reviews is crooked. The people who told me to return them have been asking if I will sell them because they'd love them, missed out on the initial release and don't want to pay Ebay prices, haha. I have my crooked bookends proudly on display :)

Last edited:
It happened with my Berserk Sword bookends. I was lucky with Dark Horse's waitlist, but the bookends arrived and the blade bookend was crooked compared to the hilt end. I wanted to feel ok with my purchase, so I was one of the people who wanted 'validation' for spending money on something that wasn't as advertised, but nearly everyone on Facebook said 'I'd return them if I paid $200 and they were crooked'. I almost returned them, but Dark Horse offered me a 50% refund, so I ended up only paying $100 for the set. They now go for $1.8k- 3k on Ebay and pretty much every set I've seen on youtube reviews is crooked. The people who told me to return them have been asking if I will sell them because they'd love them, missed out on the initial release and don't want to pay Ebay prices, haha. I have my crooked bookends proudly on display :)
--

Over the years, I observed the same with releases that had QC issues with critical reception that ended up being sought after later on at increased prices.

The same goes for a number relatively QC free releases and no QC issue releases.

Collectors of all types are a fickle bunch and at time outright hypocrites.

IMHO, it's about greed and $.

I own a lot of figures, etc. I purchased in multiples and keep. I do get inquires and offers from time to time ranging from they don't want to pay eBay prices, they want to pay what I originally paid, or even less.

Like I said, hypocrites. Oh, and cheapskates.

But I digress.

--

Over the years, I observed the same with releases that had QC issues with critical reception that ended up being sought after later on at increased prices.

The same goes for a number relatively QC free releases and no QC issue releases.

Collectors of all types are a fickle bunch and at time outright hypocrites.

IMHO, it's about greed and $.

I own a lot of figures, etc. I purchased in multiples and keep. I do get inquires and offers from time to time ranging from they don't want to pay eBay prices, they want to pay what I originally paid, or even less.

Like I said, hypocrites. Oh, and cheapskates.

But I digress.
Fully agree with this. I've sold a number of figures over the years and it continues to amaze me what hypocritical cheapskates there are. Even when it comes to custom work. You can set honest prices, even explain the time put into an item, or even how little money you do get once it sells and they simply dont give a ****. They just want god tier items for pennies.

Get ready for the "Looking for Luxury Ash for a decent price" posts once this eventually sells out. People may laugh but you know it'll be a thing. 😆

I've gone back and forth with this figure more then any other I've been interested in. I love the film series and the Sideshow version of Ash I have. I was really looking forward to this release. Like most others when the initial photos started dropping I was extremely disappointed. After a few days of consideration I decided to cancel my PO. The second wave of in hand pics came out and I began to doubt my decision. After watching Andy's video ( which I agree was more of a review then an unboxing, he just happened to be happy with it which is fine. I'm grateful he did such a good and thorough job ) I'm glad I canceled. This figure has lots of issues. I will say the necronomicon in this set looks great and I'll try and get a parted out. The rest? It looks cheap and rushed to me. The body is awful. The head sits poorly on the neck. The seemless arms are terrible. The hands are molded really poorly. I went and grabbed my SS deadite hand to make sure I wasn't just remembering things better then they were....but no the SS one is way better. Even the base which I thought was a strong point looked cheap and rushed after watching the video it clearly had some pretty bad gaps and fittings.......Such a missed opportunity and such a shame.

From the recent video I was noticing some holes in the base from resin that wasnt poured/mixed correctly. These tend to show up as pinsized or slightly bigger holes in the final sculpt. They won't be consistent and could be found just about anywhere on the base or wall. I'm curious how many turn up like that.

I've gone back and forth with this figure more then any other I've been interested in. I love the film series and the Sideshow version of Ash I have. I was really looking forward to this release. Like most others when the initial photos started dropping I was extremely disappointed. After a few days of consideration I decided to cancel my PO. The second wave of in hand pics came out and I began to doubt my decision. After watching Andy's video ( which I agree was more of a review then an unboxing, he just happened to be happy with it which is fine. I'm grateful he did such a good and thorough job ) I'm glad I canceled. This figure has lots of issues. I will say the necronomicon in this set looks great and I'll try and get a parted out. The rest? It looks cheap and rushed to me. The body is awful. The head sits poorly on the neck. The seemless arms are terrible. The hands are molded really poorly. I went and grabbed my SS deadite hand to make sure I wasn't just remembering things better then they were....but no the SS one is way better. Even the base which I thought was a strong point looked cheap and rushed after watching the video it clearly had some pretty bad gaps and fittings.......Such a missed opportunity and such a shame.
Yes! I forgot to mention the hands they look really bad in Andy's video and because his video was very clear you could see it .

Get ready for the "Looking for Luxury Ash for a decent price" posts once this eventually sells out. People may laugh but you know it'll be a thing. 😆
Haha, that may very well happen! For me, this whole situation has actually made me hugely interested in the Sideshow version instead. I'm no stranger to collecting statues, but I'm very new to poseable 'Hot Toys' style figures (thanks to the recent and astounding Jin Sakai figure by VTS, although I did get a Devil May Cry Asmus figure first) SS Ash came out before I cared for poseable figures, but I keep seeing him displayed next to Asmus's version and am starting to REALLY want the figure.

Haha, that may very well happen! For me, this whole situation has actually made me hugely interested in the Sideshow version instead. I'm no stranger to collecting statues, but I'm very new to poseable 'Hot Toys' style figures (thanks to the recent and astounding Jin Sakai figure by VTS, although I did get a Devil May Cry Asmus figure first) SS Ash came out before I cared for poseable figures, but I keep seeing him displayed next to Asmus's version and am starting to REALLY want the figure.
I haven't regretted getting and keeping my SSC Ash for one second. A really fantastic figure. Sculpt is a bit stylized, but on balance, factoring in quality, representation of the source, and display presence, it's one of the very best SSC figures I've ever owned.

I went ahead and cancelled my pre-order with Asmus. They were gracious enough to transfer my deposit to another PO I have with them at my request, so kudos for that.
Gotta say that Cellar Toys modifications have really brought the figure up to the quality it should have been out of the box though. Stellar work!
Looking forward to seeing what people can do with this. Who knows, I might be tempted down the track to pick it up locally and try some mods myself.

I went ahead and cancelled my pre-order with Asmus. They were gracious enough to transfer my deposit to another PO I have with them at my request, so kudos for that.
Gotta say that Cellar Toys modifications have really brought the figure up to the quality it should have been out of the box though. Stellar work!
Looking forward to seeing what people can do with this. Who knows, I might be tempted down the track to pick it up locally and try some mods myself.
Thanks man. I appreciate that. As I've said before there are definitely issues with this set, but with some TLC it has potential. I love modding and personalizing my collection.

So whats this figure clock in at. Is it the nearly twelve and a half inches thats stated on the sideshow listing?

Has anyone here made their own harness for Ash using raw materials? Just wondering was millimeter you're using.
--

If you're interested in commissioning one yourself with your own design preference/specs, I recommend Aaron from Lucky Shot Scale Leather and other cool small stuff on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/LuckyShotLeather
I've personally known and met him a number of times over the years. He crafts a variety of handmade 1:6 holsters, harnesses, etc. using real leather and webbing.

He's a 1:6 collector first and a 1:6 craftsman second. I believe some (not necessarily in this group) have approached him about getting a better shotgun harness/holster for Ash as well and he's open/receptive to it.

Reach out to him and feel free to inquire.

Perhaps we can get a harness + holster run together. I'm obviously in but would we need to pick out a specific body to create this for?

I plan on switching the harness and belt. Since I also feel like using a different body out of preference like the JX toys S01.

Ok guys I spoke to Gustavo Bautista Ponce he makes great leather work and has made the harness for Ash vs Evil dead Ash. He said he's willing to make a run for the harness and possibly holster. Though he needs one of Asmus Harness to see how they did it and he'll make his based on what I've showed him as reference being that the harness is webbing with just one strap leather. Who's interested?

Ok guys I spoke to Gustavo Bautista Ponce he makes great leather work and has made the harness for Ash vs Evil dead Ash. He said he's willing to make a run for the harness and possibly holster. Though he needs one of Asmus Harness to see how they did it and he'll make his based on what I've showed him as reference being that the harness is webbing with just one strap leather. Who's interested?

Count me in for 2. 🍻

Back