Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The real issue is and it's probably happened to all of us at some point. People want to make themselves feel good about a purchase and justify spending the money on it so they make themselves believe that it's good or great or amazing despite the overwhelming opposite opinions. They will post photos of the figure looking for support and validation that they were right in making that purchase and only accept the opinions of people who agree 🤣
Or the same can be said of those that canceled? 😆 door can swing both ways on that one. And they keep coming in here stating the same thing as the broken record continues for [their] validation. Shame on all us enjoying the figure right? 😆 shame! Shame! How dare we!? 😆

Last edited:
The neck connector does fit fine. The hole is very deep and if you don't insert the ball all the way in it sits high. One person doesn't know how to seat a ball joint and all of a sudden it's a fail and everyone (who doesn'thave it in hand) looses their mind?
When inserted all the way in it sits just like the standard head, that's a fact.
I must not have pushed it all the way down or used enough force then because I experienced the same problem

I must not have pushed it all the way down or used enough force then because I experienced the same problem
Yes, I remember there are more than one complaints about this neck peg.
It's not a hard thing to fix, even a non customizer can fix this.. but this shouldn't happen to a luxury edition of a licensed figure.

--

I know Andrew from a couple of other groups.

I was surprised by his video review and to me it comes across as forgiving and placating, but that is my opinion no more no less.
Eh I thought it was a pretty fair and reasonable review. He did acknowledge some of the details were off from the proto and the sculpt was more a caricature of Bruce. The only thing he glossed over that I was surprised by was the ugly folds on the seamless arm, but he may be content to just leave the arm straight anyway.

The real issue is and it's probably happened to all of us at some point. People want to make themselves feel good about a purchase and justify spending the money on it so they make themselves believe that it's good or great or amazing despite the overwhelming opposite opinions. They will post photos of the figure looking for support and validation that they were right in making that purchase and only accept the opinions of people who agree 🤣
--

Yep.

It's like having a passionate evening with a woman who gives you Chlamydia, but you still convince yourself she's the best while suffering the embarrassing effects of it while the majority looks at you.

I had to push pretty hard and was a bit concerned I would break the super long neck peg. I even considered heating the socket with a hair dryer or warm water but then just went for it and it popped on all the way.

It was a not ideal for certain, hardly the same as contracting Chlamydia...:D

Would someone with the luxury edition be willing to measure the cellar opening for me? I need the length, width, and depth of the opening (not the door) to get my Henrietta sculpt in the correct position.

Would someone with the luxury edition be willing to measure the cellar opening for me? I need the length, width, and depth of the opening (not the door) to get my Henrietta sculpt in the correct position.
20220126_160459-01.jpeg20220126_160520-01.jpeg20220126_160538-01.jpeg
20220126_160724-02.jpeg

Or the same can be said of those that canceled? 😆 door can swing both ways on that one. And they keep coming in here stating the same thing as the broken record continues for [their] validation. Shame on all us enjoying the figure right? 😆 shame! Shame! How dare we!? 😆
No no no lol , that's not how retail works, you get the buzz from purchasing something and that initial unwrapping/unboxing and you don't want to be disappointed so you kid yourself. It doesn't happen if you don't buy it.

I had to push pretty hard and was a bit concerned I would break the super long neck peg. I even considered heating the socket with a hair dryer or warm water but then just went for it and it popped on all the way.

It was a not ideal for certain, hardly the same as contracting Chlamydia...:D
Well 3 or 4 people have now told you different, the neck connector is too long 😪

Regarding the above, you won't find the word "review" on the video. I am trying a more instructional take and impressions out of the box going forward. You will also notice that on my recent Wonderwoman and also my next video that has already been filmed. I am just trying something very different with the format to try and get some joy out of the video side of things. I do understand if it isnt some people's cup of tea.

Are there flaws on this figure? Yup, I talk about the lack of the scar/scratch that was changed, Linda's hair (which I am 99% sure they used the stop motion model as reference in error) I talk about the neck needing adjustment, etc. There are some issues that I saw on the groups that I could not see at all on my figure so I can only go on what is in front of me. I also mention about mine having new stickers on the box and the base. Overall it's something I am glad I have and when the cabinets are up will be on full display (I hate having building work done). I do like it more than the SS version in the face. For me, it's kind of like the comic / videogame ash, but I 100% get people who may feel it's not a photo-realistic version. Just wanted to be super clear on the format thing.

Cheers

Andy
Andy , I'm sure that you've heard the saying " If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck " .

That's the same with your video , you can title it as an unboxing or instructional video but only the first minute or so was the unboxing the rest was you giving your opinions on the figure which is the same as a review.

If you had simply unboxed it and shown off the figure while staying silent or some funky music in the background then fair enough but you didn't.

Firstly you say that the headsculpt is more of a cartoonish/comicbook look rather than photo realistic, implying that was the look that they were going for but it wasn't.

Have a look at the proto paint that is very nice and film/ photo realistic, the fact is they dropped the ball with the final paint and gave it a cheap flat paint job and one eye wondering off in a weird direction which wasn't intentional .

1 Paint on Ash head is very different blood looks too uniform like a sweatband , it's very flat and cartoonish .

2 shirt collar looks ridiculously huge and oversized.

3 Neck is way too big and bulky compared to the head that sits on it

3 Body is different and too narrow, look at the shoulders

4clothing is very different, cheaply made and cut , trousers don't close .large stitching.

5 Boots are huge and look like something off a Frankenstein figure

6 Henrietta headsculpts being sent out without hair and the ones that have hair are only painted slightly better than the ones that don't.

7 Neck connector for deadite head is overly long .

8 The Ash possessed head , the teeth are clean

9 The awful swap out arms with huge ridiculous folds in the skin .

10 soft sculpt dagger

11 Oversized shotgun

12 Misaligned holster
13 Suspect weathering

You glossed over all of that which is a disservice to collectors who are looking for guidance.

What your video does is give a pass to Asmus who shared your video as they are happy with the content.

I know that you can do much better , you have a voice use it

Now the nice part , the video was filmed very nicely and clear close ups of all the parts and accessories.

No no no lol , that's not how retail works, you get the buzz from purchasing something and that initial unwrapping/unboxing and you don't want to be disappointed so you kid yourself. It doesn't happen if you don't buy it.
Speak for yourself bud. I'm more than happy with my set up. Does that bother you? That I like something that you don't? Move along. Move along. Shoo fly.

Last edited:
Andy , I'm sure that you've heard the saying " If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck " .

That's the same with your video , you can title it as an unboxing or instructional video but only the first minute or so was the unboxing the rest was you giving your opinions on the figure which is the same as a review.

If you had simply unboxed it and shown off the figure while staying silent or some funky music in the background then fair enough but you didn't.

Firstly you say that the headsculpt is more of a cartoonish/comicbook look rather than photo realistic, implying that was the look that they were going for but it wasn't.

Have a look at the proto paint that is very nice and film/ photo realistic, the fact is they dropped the ball with the final paint and gave it a cheap flat paint job and one eye wondering off in a weird direction which wasn't intentional .

1 Paint on Ash head is very different blood looks too uniform like a sweatband , it's very flat and cartoonish .

2 shirt collar looks ridiculously huge and oversized.

3 Neck is way too big and bulky compared to the head that sits on it

3 Body is different and too narrow, look at the shoulders

4clothing is very different, cheaply made and cut , trousers don't close .large stitching.

5 Boots are huge and look like something off a Frankenstein figure

6 Henrietta headsculpts being sent out without hair and the ones that have hair are only painted slightly better than the ones that don't.

7 Neck connector for deadite head is overly long .

8 The Ash possessed head , the teeth are clean

9 The awful swap out arms with huge ridiculous folds in the skin .

10 soft sculpt dagger

11 Oversized shotgun

12 Misaligned holster
13 Suspect weathering

You glossed over all of that which is a disservice to collectors who are looking for guidance.

What your video does is give a pass to Asmus who shared your video as they are happy with the content.

I know that you can do much better , you have a voice use it

Now the nice part , the video was filmed very nicely and clear close ups of all the parts and accessories.
And guess what, you were able to judge all that perfectly fine yourself by just watching the video. No need to have him detail every issue line by line for you. Even assuming he was bothered by all the same stuff anyway.

Everybody has slated the seamless arms that come with him, but from the recent video reviews i think they look good? I mean, they look horrible if you bend them too far, but i expect that as it's the same with threezero's Rambo figure. I just bend them a little bit and they look great, i hope Ash is the same

Everybody has slated the seamless arms that come with him, but from the recent video reviews i think they look good? I mean, they look horrible if you bend them too far, but i expect that as it's the same with threezero's Rambo figure. I just bend them a little bit and they look great, i hope Ash is the same
I just opened my ThreeZero Leatherface, and I think his arms are similar to Ash's. Not ideal, but not the worst thing in the world.

Did a mock up using the measurements Brian gave me. With all the satisfaction going on around here I have to decide if I want to make it to fit the lux or simply my own diorama. To be honest the lux cellar door is a tight fit for any other pose than a grabbing hand. We'll see though.

DSC_0108.jpg

In case anyone who has this is curious...the first two pages are glued to the book cover with a very weak tacky glue. You can gently pull the pages off and rub the glue off with your finger. If you do this you will want to put stronger glue down the spine only.

2 bonus pages reveled!

Attachments

• 20220126_194101.jpg
    20220126_194101.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 20220126_194142.jpg
    20220126_194142.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 40
Back