Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep telling yourself that.

A "fail" according to those that don't even own it. 😆 I don't think I have seen anyone that actually have it in hand call it a "fail". Here or on Social Media. And that they regret the purchase. I have however seen people say they regret canceling now so...there's that.

This thread went from mob mentality with pitch forks and shaming. Some people actually going as far to tell other collectors to cancel their orders to people actually liking the product once they had it in their hands.
The fact that most of the people who have it in hand are already having to modify the figure or are talking about spending money modify it tells you everything. All of the recent posts are people modifying the figure because Asmus screwed it up. That's something customers wouldn't have had to do if Asmus hadn't messed up so badly.

The fact that most of the people who have it in hand are already having to modify the figure or are talking about spending money modify it tells you everything. All of the recent posts are people modifying the figure because Asmus screwed it up. That's something customers wouldn't have had to do if Asmus hadn't messed up so badly.
--

The key point in that is those fixing it are customizers where as the average collector is not a customizer.

Not that it is, but it almost like if you're not a customizer then it sucks to be you.

No one said it, but it comes off that way to a degree.

I admire the customizers because they acquired the experience and skills to fix it themselves.

--

The key point in that is those fixing it are customizer where as the average collectors is not a customizer.

Not that it is, but it almost like if you're not a customizer then it sucks to be you.

No one said it, but it comes off that way to a degree.

I admire the customizers because they acquired the experience and skills to fix it themselves.
lmao, pretty much.

A "fail" you are still purchasing correct?
Sure, my love for evil dead surpases that, im gonna spend money and time fixing it.
Its hard to believe that a figure is so great when first thing people is doing is body replacement, face repaint, rehair the head,new harness, new clothes...
Sure, the fact that im gonna spend money in a figure and try to fix it doesnt mean the figure is not somehow a fail, and more failure is the way asmus handled it at the beggining.

Doesn't change the fact those individuals are still happy with their purchase. I for one was planning a lot of the mods even at the proto reveal. Some of us collectors actually enjoy modding and making a figure "their own".

I won't defend Asmus or this release as there are definitely issues with it. But is it a true "fail" as a lot of you claim? Not at all. Hell you guys don't even have the figure in hand. I'd be more inclined to listen to someone that has the product in hand than someone who is basing their opinions on pics they saw online. But that's just me. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Doesn't change the fact those individuals are still happy with their purchase. I for one was planning a lot of the mods even at the proto reveal. Some of us collectors actually enjoy modding and making a figure "their own".

I won't defend Asmus or this release as there are definitely issues with it. But is it a true "fail" as a lot of you claim? Not at all. Hell you guys don't even have the figure in hand. I'd be more inclined to listen to someone that has the product in hand than someone who is basing their opinions on pics they saw online. But that's just me. 🤷🏼‍♂️
The only thing Asmus changed was slightly better paint ( still nowhere near prototype)and hair on Henrietta and correcting the name . All the other numerous issues remain. Do I really need to list them ? No , you can scroll back through the 100 plus pages and see for yourself. Anyone who says that they are " happy " with this purchase is really saying that they will continue to let companies like Asmus sell them less than mediocre products and they will accept it 🤯 .

You do realise that Asmus read all these comments and they won't bother to do better if they listen to comments like yours and the other few .

The fact that most of the people who have it in hand are already having to modify the figure or are talking about spending money modify it tells you everything.
Exactly.
Saying 'Wow, just got the figure and it's not as bad as I expected! I just need to change this, change that, change those, paint this, modify this, weather this, replace this, adjust this' is not something I would class as a 'success' for the brand and not something non-customizers like myself want to deal with.
That video review is very nice, going into great detail, but almost completely dismisses things that I would class as very poor/ unacceptable (the rubber arms, the lack of scratches, the horrible paint work on deadite)

As someone who doesn't customize, the out-of-box figure looks to be nowhere near acceptable enough for me to consider displaying. Having it in-hand wouldn't suddenly align his eyes, make his seamless arms look good or magically produce red scratches. From that video, the Henrietta looks to be by far the best part of the collection and she only looks that way because of complaints.

I'm very happy for those with the time and money to adjust the figure, but I wouldn't call this a success just because people like their figure AFTER they've changed it and AFTER Henrietta got replaced following backlash. As a freelance illustrator, if I sold someone an image and they deemed it awesome after they bought a ton of supplies and drew over all of my mistakes, I wouldn't class my work as a success.

Last edited:
Sure, my love for evil dead surpases that, im gonna spend money and time fixing it.
Its hard to believe that a figure is so great when first thing people is doing is body replacement, face repaint, rehair the head,new harness, new clothes...
Sure, the fact that im gonna spend money in a figure and try to fix it doesnt mean the figure is not somehow a fail, and more failure is the way asmus handled it at the beggining.

You might find in hand there arent early as many issues people are making it out to be.

Does the figure really need a body swap? Not really. Especially for those with the standard and sull shirt. It's a preference to swap out the body.

Actual QC issues (now that Henrietta has been fixed for the most part) are the Deadite head not fitting and them admitting to cutting corners with the body pant.

Hardly "fail" as far as I'm concerned.

The way they tried to pass off the proto Henrietta as production is the only real alarming thing collectors should take away from this mess.

Overall even with the issues and the Rollercoaster this release has been its still a decent set. Standard or Luxury. As I've said before there's a lot here that collectors will appreciate.

The only thing Asmus changed was slightly better paint ( still nowhere near prototype)and hair on Henrietta and correcting the name . All the other numerous issues remain. Do I really need to list them ? No , you can scroll back through the 100 plus pages and see for yourself. Anyone who says that they are " happy " with this purchase is really saying that they will continue to let companies like Asmus sell them less than mediocre products and they will accept it 🤯 .

You do realise that Asmus read all these comments and they won't bother to do better if they listen to comments like yours and the other few .
After the barrage of comments they got and have gone silent you think they are still coming back in this thread? 😆 I doubt it.

By your own admission it has faults. Faults the very people who complained saw from pics online. Faults you now have to correct on your very own figure. People are quiet astute figure in hand or not.

Faults yes. "Total Fail" no.
I'm not in the total fail camp. I have the same complaints as others do. However, being an artist the entire henrietta and cabin base is what bothers me the most. Both are inaccurate as hell but people just dont care as long as it looks kinda cool. The standard edition is a good deal sans the head.

Everyone has a different line drawn to what they deem acceptable. Obviously my line isn't as critical as other since I'm willing to do what I think is needed with each release to make it personalized for my collection. So I don't consider this a fail at all. Littered with issues, yes absolutely. But a total failure wouldn't get my money. Which IMO this is not.

And what I have seen personally, those that have the figure in hand are happy with it (regardless of whatever other mods etc they plan to do is irrelevant). If they are happy. That's all that matters.

As with Rzeznikk, I feel that the stock figure release really doesn't necessitate mods. It helps, but frankly that's something many do with Hot Toys, Blitzway, ThreeZero, etc., so it's a bit misleading to say that this figure necessarily needs mods by a customizer to be even decent. I'm not a serious customizer, but with Blitzway Egon I upgraded the glasses, with Hot Toys Thor (first one) I updated the arms and fixed the helmet, with Hot Toys Indy and Han Solo I upgraded the headsculpts, with Blitzway Lector I upgraded his mask, with the Nolan Batmen I upgraded the capes, with '66 Batman I upgraded the suit, with Police Assault Terminator I added padding under his muscles, etc. etc. No figure I've ever seen is 100% perfect right out of the box. Ultimately it's the discretion of the collector as to whether or not it needs changes. In the case of this Ash, if I get it, I would consider upgrading the body and adding scratches. I would also look for ways to fix Linda's hair, and I might also add a light wash to the Deadite sculpt to make it lighter. But that would probably be it, and it wouldn't kill me to leave that stuff as-is from what I've seen in more recent pics and videos.

Where would be my best bet to order a standard and get it sometime this year?
It's only January, I hope pretty much any place you order from will get it to you in 2022 lol

I'm not in the total fail camp. I have the same complaints as others do. However, being an artist the entire henrietta and cabin base is what bothers me the most. Both are inaccurate as hell but people just dont care as long as it looks kinda cool. The standard edition is a good deal sans the head.

I honestly don't care that the base isn't accurate to the movie. It's a bunch of wooden boards. 99% of the people that see my collection won't even know who this character is, let alone that the background is inaccurate. It's not like they changed that from the prototype anyway and it's a hell of a lot better than what I could put together and cheaper as far as my time/money goes, so that's a plus for me. I'm not the type to spend $300 on more accurate shoes for my Joker figure. Those types of details don't bother me, and honestly the stuff with the top of chainsaw doesn't either. Did I know before reading this thread there were 2 different chainsaws used? Nope.

Yeah honestly I could easily live with the stock figure the way it is, as it still has a nice presence and captures the character pretty well. And it's really no worse than a lot of other non-HT figures I have in terms of the paint quality.

There are some figures where the second I get them I feel the need to start modding and making improvements, but this isn't one of them.

Lol I was only kidding, just ordered a standard from Sideshow. Hopefully it won't take forever.

Back