Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you wouldn’t mind seeing Asmus go out of business because of this?
--

Honestly, they need to be taught a significant business lesson felt by the leadership/production team responsible for this debacle and prior debacles to the point those responsible pay the price. This is beyond the brand simply losing $ and moving on.

Accountability is one thing, but this brand have a proven track record of never experiencing any real accountability let alone the real ramifications.

They should probably just stick with LOTR in the future. I find a lot of those figures pretty underwhelming as well, but a lot of collectors do seem to be happy with them at least.

They should probably just stick with LOTR in the future. I find a lot of those figures pretty underwhelming as well, but a lot of collectors do seem to be happy with them at least.
--

The affinity of collectors who collect LOTR is different than the affinity of collectors who collect EVIL DEAD/Ash Williams offerings.

Perhaps, the tolerance have a higher threshold for LOTR compared to EVIL DEAD 2/Ash Williams?

I don't believe in or support the mindset of being supportive of a brand regardless of licenses. I buy/collect based on properties/themes I have an affinity for and not the brand itself even though a few brands have an outstanding batting average, but it doesn't mean I buy/collect everything from them.

I learned the hard way about blindly and overzealously supporting a brand. Never again.

--

The affinity of collectors who collect LOTR is different than the affinity of collectors who collect EVIL DEAD/Ash Williams offerings.

Perhaps, the tolerance have a higher threshold for LOTR compared to EVIL DEAD 2/Ash Williams?
Their Devil May Cry range has really improved over the years. Their DMC4 Dante had a horrific face, but their DMC 5 Dante looks exactly like the game version, as do Nero and V. I have both their Yakuza figures which are great too. It seems they're strong with those two licenses, but incredibly weak with every other license. I have no idea if they simply care more about those brands or if they are under higher pressure from those licensors to nail the product quality and likenesses.

Last edited:
I'd still like to see their Uruk-Hai figures. I won't be preordering after this, but if Lurtz and the Berserker look good in-hand, you can bet I'll be buying them after release.

So you wouldn’t mind seeing Asmus go out of business because of this?
If anyone of us conducted our business the way Asmus has with this release we would be out of business, or out of a job…is there something special about Asmus that I’m missing that should make them exempt from the same standards that the rest of us are held to?

I read the chainsaw should be red on top and no hole.
For those who intend to keep this, what part of the top of the chainsaw should be red instead of silver? And is the issue with the hole at the end that it's too big or shouldn't be there at all?
I am looking at stills from the movie "Evil Dead 2" and am confused where to paint red and why the hole is wrong...help from the experts please!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220119-165113_YouTube-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20220119-165113_YouTube-01.jpeg
    165.8 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot_20220119-165250_YouTube-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20220119-165250_YouTube-01.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_20220119-165216_YouTube-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20220119-165216_YouTube-01.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20220119-165216_YouTube-02.jpeg
    Screenshot_20220119-165216_YouTube-02.jpeg
    190.1 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
hafal bener sama tipe tipe body, mas.. 😆

Maybe Worldbox AT011, AT016 or AT012?
Lumayan, perlu buat referensi custom soalnya hehe

AT016 is too muscular I think, AT012 is even more, the torso and shoulders are very wide, it's the Wolverine body. I would recommend AT011 because of the body shape, and it has double jointed elbows. JX01 would work too, but it has single joint elbows.

Just opened this guy up and had a quick set up, not had a chance to have a proper look at all the accessories etc.
Tried to get some decent photos in natural light.

It's really not as bad as I was expecting, henrietta sucks and the seamless arms are super crap but apart from that.. I'm fairly happy with it.

I'll have a proper look at everything later.
I noticed you didnt show Henrietta……

I think the part where he said "Henrietta sucks" is enough to confirm it looks like all the rest.
Maybe Asmus has made me paranoid, But reviewing a figure and not showing the “sucky” parts makes me kinda question the motives….

I wonder about alot of motives of some of the posters here and on FB who keep defending this thing.

Many figure have a subjective view to them, but this one has a company outright lying about thier products…..so I cant understand anyone defending them at this point, eapecially in light of the clear garbage they are selling for 350.

Maybe Asmus has made me paranoid, But reviewing a figure and not showing the “sucky” parts makes me kinda question the motives….

I wonder about alot of motives of some of the posters here and on FB who keep defending this thing.

Many figure have a subjective view to them, but this one has a company outright lying about thier products…..so I cant understand anyone defending them at this point, eapecially in light of the clear garbage they are selling for 350.
They definitely dropped the ball for sure

I read the chainsaw should be red on top and no hole.
For those who intend to keep this, what part of the top of the chainsaw should be red instead of silver? And is the issue with the hole at the end that it's too big or shouldn't be there at all?
I am looking at stills from the movie "Evil Dead 2" and am confused where to paint red and why the hole is wrong...help from the experts please!
The only silver portion should be the center plate at the top that spans the length from front to back. The Asmus saw doesn't have this plate - the entire top portion and sides are painted silver. The entire top portion also comes up way too far. The hole is accurate, its just a little too big.

I think some of the first changes to customize this figure should be new pants and belt, weathered boots and a new saw.

The only silver portion should be the center plate at the top that spans the length from front to back. The Asmus saw doesn't have this plate - the entire top portion and sides are painted silver. The entire top portion also comes up way too far. The hole is accurate, its just a little too big.

I think some of the first changes to customize this figure should be new pants and belt, weathered boots and a new saw.
They must have gone off this one...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220119-164006_YouTube-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20220119-164006_YouTube-01.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 71
The only scene where the top of the saw looks like clean, unpainted metal is during the scene where Ash builds the saw in the workshed. In that one scene the top is metal, and it is also flat. It never looks that way again.

In the rest of that film, and series overall, the top was raised (to make more room for Bruce's hand) and it was painted red.

red saw2.jpg

red saw1.jpg

So if they were going for the workshed model, the top should be flat. If it's meant to be the cabin model, the top should be red.

The only scene where the top of the saw looks like clean, unpainted metal is during the scene where Ash builds the saw in the workshed. In that one scene the top is metal, and it is also flat. It never looks that way again.

In the rest of that film, and series overall, the top was raised (to make more room for Bruce's hand) and it was painted red.

View attachment 557044

View attachment 557045

So if they were going for the workshed model, the top should be flat. If it's meant to be the cabin model, the top should be red.
Awesome info! Thank you👍

Their Devil May Cry range has really improved over the years. Their DMC4 Dante had a horrific face, but their DMC 5 Dante looks exactly like the game version, as do Nero and V. I have both their Yakuza figures which are great too. It seems they're strong with those two licenses, but incredibly weak with every other license. I have no idea if they simply care more about those brands or if they are under higher pressure from those licensors to nail the product quality and likenesses.
I have to admit that their strongest line is LOTR. That's the only line that I recently purchased from asmus until the Arwen debacle. The sad thing is, even though they showed deep passion on LOTR, their conduct is questionable, or as I previously said, shady and unethical.
Therefore I personally can't support them no longer, despite my love to the franchise.

If anyone of us conducted our business the way Asmus has with this release we would be out of business, or out of a job…is there something special about Asmus that I’m missing that should make them exempt from the same standards that the rest of us are held to?

Well one of the reason is, they are the one and only company that tackles the LOTR franchise in 1/6 now, and they are consistent with it. I assume andy hsu is a big LOTR fan, so he has deep passion on it, and so, asmus shows deep interest in producing 1/6 figures of LOTR, and even releasing many side characters that people are sure other companies will not even bother to produce.
That is why asmus have die hard fans, people who will defend them, because up till now, they are their only hope.

I have to admit that their LOTR product itself is getting better over the years, even though still not on par in terms of likeness, with, lets say, Blitzway or Hot Toys, but we can see their effort.. It really shows. Also it helps that POP Toys are helping them in the clothing area.
However, the way they run the production, they way they treated the customers, it really shows no matter how deep the passion is, attitude still matters the most.
Because of that, they took a small hit on Arwen, and now they took a big hit on Ash.

But asmus is still going to stand, because the LOTR fans are always supporting them. It's not wrong of course, as long as they are being objective. If asmus is being shady, of course we should not defend them, but try to hold them accountable of what they did. Of course there are some who will defend them no matter how shady or unethical they are, but it is what it is, that is the reality of life. :)

Last edited:

View attachment 557044

View attachment 557045

Like most of this figure it's a hodge podge of the later two movies and the series. For example he has AOD hair, Henrietta looks more like AVED and so on. It's no surprise they were attempting the work shed model but copied the standard model and simply mixed up the paints.

I'm straight down the middle in terms what I've posted, I'm not trying to convince people to get it and neither am I trying to sway people away from it.
I posted the photos purely because I thought people might want to see more detailed photos in a more natural light, I didn't include/exclude any because I had any motives 😂.
Alot about this figure sucks, but in the same breath.. Alot of it isn't as bad as I was expecting after having it in hand.
This will likely be the last asmus figure I pick up though, nobody can deny the lies asmus have been trying to feed us.

Back