Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't we just please go back to attacking Asmus instead of each other? That was a lot more fun. :lol
I would love to but people cant seem to help but come in here and start problems beyond attack asmus. I'm not even sure those doing it ever had an order for the figure to begin with. lmao

I think you’d be surprised, the mods wouldn’t be expensive…
Agree to disagree. Now with the goofy eye issue you're either looking at a new head or repaint. Pants dont fit so new body, new pants, or both. Depending on which way you went with those you could be looking at another hundred minimum. Two if you get custom work done. A little ridiculous for an already 350 dollar figure or even for the cheaper 200 dollar version. All add IMO since everyone seems to be cranky around here. lmao

I'm keeping at least one of mine, the base is good the figure needs work but I'm ok with doing this over time. Hnlee on the fourm could probably offer a good clothing set if that's a route people wanna go down.

Wish Asmus would offer maybe a fixed set of clothing or least hold back those orders to fix.

Agree to disagree. Now with the goofy eye issue you're either looking at a new head or repaint. Pants dont fit so new body, new pants, or both. Depending on which way you went with those you could be looking at another hundred minimum. Two if you get custom work done. A little ridiculous for an already 350 dollar figure or even for the cheaper 200 dollar version. All add IMO since everyone seems to be cranky around here. lmao
Fair point(s), I guess it all depends on several factors doesn’t it. Mostly being how bothered you are about the figure, and the issues - which can vary from each individual. You could go nuts and spend a shed load or get few bits and tweak it here and there and be happy. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say. I got the standard version as I wasn’t too fussed for the base on the other - as cool as it is, so I’m happy to sort out a few bits enough to satisfy. Could be a bunch TopHat to someone else…different strokes for different folks 🤙🏻

" Cranky " you know who I am 🤣 Like you say it's not a cheap fix , set of different colour paints, new body or clothing, clothing isn't good anyway . Headsculpt needs a repaint and most people don't have the skills to paint it a high enough quality themselves, so has to be sent off Seamless arms are awful . Looks like bingo wings 😪 . Overall it's going to cost well over £100 to do it properly and that's on top of the purchase price of £255 plus postage on top . So we are looking at a minimum of around £380 /400 🤯 or $520/540 for my Septic tanks 😉😁This figure will turn out more like a very expensive kitbash if I went down that route

With everything posted/said thus far, I hope an established and known third-party with a superior track record create an quality "inspired" set with the proper clothing, accessories, and head sculpt where we supply our own 1:6 body all for a reasonable price or maybe BBK produce a 1:6 female "Ash" inspired set. I would buy such an offering provided the design and quality is worthwhile.

If this was a 1:6 figure, I'd definitely buy it provided there are no obscene quality issues.

1642634382463.png

Last edited:
https://creativelicensingcorporation.com/#contact
If Asmus had secured any sort of exclusive license for 1/6 scale figures, that would be worrisome. This debacle could be considered a breach of their agreement with the licensor, and the licensor should be made aware, as Asmus has gone completely silent on the issue.
hmm-really.gif

I think this figure turned out terrible, but is what Asmus did to this license really more egregious than, I dunno, anything any company has done to any other? There's a lot of crappy pop culture product out there.

Voting with your wallet and criticizing the company is one thing (and very justified), but I highly doubt the licensor cares about things like this.
Plus it's like going after a fly with a bazooka. Asmus being held to higher standards makes more sense than complaining to the licensor that one of the many companies they have deals with didn't do a good enough job on their merchandise.

Last edited:
Getting a licensor involved actually helps hold Asmus to a standard. If you can get that licensor to care enough. As the consumer we have little power though we've flexed it the best we can in this situation.

hmm-really.gif

I think this figure turned out terrible, but is what Asmus did to this license really more egregious than, I dunno, anything any company has done to any other? There's a lot of crappy pop culture product out there.

Voting with your wallet and criticizing the company is one thing (and very justified), but I highly doubt the licensor cares about things like this.
Plus it's like going after a fly with a bazooka. Asmus being held to higher standards makes more sense than complaining to the licensor that one of the many companies they have deals with didn't do a good enough job on their merchandise.

Getting a licensor involved actually helps hold Asmus to a standard. If you can get that licensor to care enough. As the consumer we have little power though we've flexed it the best we can in this situation.
--

True that, but . . .

Given what I would personally view as a heinous insult to a revered pop culture icon along with dubious and questionable business practices (i.e., shady) by the brand in how they attempted to deliberately deflect and mislead collectors/customers and utter silence now, I wouldn't mind seeing the licensor actually get offended due to how the license was treated resulting in a prolific and public shellacking of the brand where they're utterly humiliated and suffer real business ramifications felt by the brand's leadership that forces a change hopefully for the better or the business dies serving as a humiliating example to all other brands within the hobby.

Last edited:
--

True that, but . . .

Given what I would personally view as a heinous insult to a revered pop culture icon along with dubious and questionable business practices (i.e., shady) by the brand in how they're attempted to deliberately deflect and mislead collectors/customers with utter silence now . . . I wouldn't mind seeing the licensor actually get offended by how the license was treated and do a prolific and public shellacking of the brand to where they're utterly humiliated and suffer real business ramifications felt by the brand's leadership that forces a change hopefully for the better or the business dies serving as a humiliating example to all other brands within the hobby.
So you wouldn’t mind seeing Asmus go out of business because of this?

Back