Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was really looking forward to this one ... but sadly, I cancelled. Even received a refund on my NRD through Sideshow so I'm happy about that. This was really disappointing but, for the price point and all the controversy I can spend my money elsewhere on better figures. Maybe one day someone else will make a better Ash. Here's hoping!
Did Sideshow automatically refund the NRD or did you have to ask for it?

I keep seeing people going on about the price point. It’s only $350 if you’re getting the Luxury version. The regular is under $200 and less than any new figure from Hot Toys. Not trying to excuse the errors, but I feel like that’s worth pointing out.

Last edited:
So now Asmus is lying because they are panicing from people cancelling their orders for false advertising.

Did Sideshow automatically refund the NRD or did you have to ask for it?
You have to ask for it up front (like through the Chat). I wasn't sure they would do it and I have never asked for a NRD refund before. But I thought this warranted it. They were accommodating if not having to add "we may not be able to accommodate such a request in the future".

You have to ask for it up front (like through the Chat). I wasn't sure they would do it and I have never asked for a NRD refund before. But I thought this warranted it. They were accommodating if not having to add "we may not be able to accommodate such a request in the future".
Appreciate it, thank you!

Hope diminishing again...
cry.gif

This thread has been quite the rollercoaster.

I'm still down for the standard version (if they ever send me the damn invoice), but I just don't see the deluxe being worth taking a chance on, since you can't be sure what Henrietta you're getting, or what the quality of the other accessories might be. And from what I've read in the LOTR forum it can be quite a pain trying to get those replacement parts that they often promise people.

Last edited:
The chainsaw in the prototype images and final product photos has no blood, but in the recent phone photos, it has blood...
Does the luxury version come with a bloody chainsaw, or are Asmus using an old prototype bloody chainsaw and stating that it's the production version?

Attachments

• ash.png
    ash.png
    918.5 KB · Views: 90
The chainsaw in the prototype images and final product photos has no blood, but in the recent phone photos, it has blood...
Does the luxury version come with a bloody chainsaw, or are Asmus using an old prototype bloody chainsaw and stating that it's the production version?
It looks the same on the final product photos on ebay. It has blood on it.
Screenshot_20220113_172636_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

So is everyone accusing Asmus of Trying to hoodwink us and faking those unboxing photos using the prototype parts rather than the actual product?
Looks like it and for good reason.

I can't imagine a company telling its customers to wait weeks for third parties or a random youtuber to unbox and showcase their product because "everything looks fine in the office" but here we are. 😂
It looks the same on the final product photos on ebay. It has blood on it. View attachment 555693

There's no blood on the bar in Asmus final product photos they posted a few days ago though, which makes me think the chainsaw they had broke and used a spare bar. Might explain the glob of glue?

You may be on to something there...

Idk, I sent a message through their website to cancel the deluxe, but I still may want to get the standard.

"You're tearing me apart Lisa!"

With or without blood, the saw is still wrong.

The only scene where the top of the saw looks like unpainted metal is during the one scene where Ash builds it in the workshed. In that one scene the top is metal, and it is flat.

In the rest of that film, and series overall, the top was raised (to make more room for Bruce's hand) and it was painted red. SS got this right.

Also, there has never been a hole at the end of the bar.

Attachments

• red saw2.jpg
    red saw2.jpg
    434.5 KB · Views: 81
  • red saw1.jpg
    red saw1.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 82
Wow the sculpt looks...really narrow.

At least the collar doesn't look as bad in that picture though. I have to say, I've never seen a figure look so different from picture to picture.

Back