Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asmus well and truly suck.

They've not responded at all..... they know its bad.
They've posted on the forums too in the last 24 hours to announce other figures but avoided this thread. 😆

What a few days tho to go from cautious excitement when retailers started getting shipments to bitter disappointment and cancellation at seeing the actual finished product, with each day revealing some terrible hilarity involving this figure. I'm fully expecting the next reveal to be Asmus forgot to include the seemless arm in the Luxury edition or it's a right arm given that would be about par the course. 🤣

Maybe you guys should voice your complaints in the "Rovi appreciation thread".. it's dedicated to Asmus' costumer service.. so maybe he will respond. ;)

Rovi is a legend from experience! A real credit to the asmus team, not a bad shout. I wonder if Rovi could help got a feeling it's gonna need more than 1 rep though. 😬

Why would a representative from a company post in a thread where there's so much distress? If I were that company and that individual, I'll stay as far away as possible. Nothing good will come of it.

What do you want to ask him anyway? Why did they cut corners? Why did they mess up so bad? What are you going to do to solve this?

Those are all questions that need no answers, because you already know them. So leave them be and express your complaints in the most efficient way, with your wallet.

Asmus well and truly suck.

They've not responded at all..... they know its bad.
They responded on their Facebook with a "sorry" 😆 wtf.
Screenshot_20220112-043853_Facebook.jpg

I don't think I'll ever buy a product of theirs again after their response. No quality control at all. Evil Dead is popular enough there is no doubt another company will pick up the license. It will just be a while unfortunately until that happens.

Darn it Asmus I had faith in you ! I get more and more disappointed everytime I look at this thread, ah well **** happens. I'll make a decent ash out of it

Last edited:
I filled a PayPal claim just to get my $20 deposit back. Not even for the reason that this figure is bad (which it is and I knew it would be). But I pre-ordered in July and only had a PayPal invoice to prove. The order didn't appear in my account on their official website, I switched over to a new account on their new website. AND emailed them to re-instate the order to reflect the purchase... But I didn't even get a response. So I don't even know if the order went through. Or if I would receive a final balance invoice.... Just not worth the hassle.

So mine is due tomorrow however the package hasn't even been collected. I'm wondering if Asmus has even sent many out because of the issues or it's just shipping delay.

I filled a PayPal claim just to get my $20 deposit back. Not even for the reason that this figure is bad (which it is and I knew it would be). But I pre-ordered in July and only had a PayPal invoice to prove. The order didn't appear in my account on their official website, I switched over to a new account on their new website. AND emailed them to re-instate the order to reflect the purchase... But I didn't even get a response. So I don't even know if the order went through. Or if I would receive a final balance invoice.... Just not worth the hassle.
Same boat as you

This was only the second non SS or Hot Toys figure I've ever purchased. I think I was spoiled by the Blitzway Ghostbusters, because this is giving me a huge reality check on the risks of pre-ordering with smaller companies.

In the cases of SS/HT, the production version is often an improvement over the proto, not a massive downgrade. I'm a huge Evil Dead fan & collector, but I may reach out to SS about pursuing a refund due to misleading photos and numerous QC errors. For $500 CAD, this is a bit ridiculous.

But I'm going to wait for photos of the LE version, and for the CE version unboxing vids which are due any day now I'm sure, before making that decision.

Also, does the licensor not have to sign off on the final product in these cases?

Back