Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want it, but it’s such a short window, I’m trying to calm down and keep to my budget, and I have already reached it for this year.

I guess I’ll admire this on the sideline.

Golly am I excited, I don't think I've looked forward to seeing a figure this much ever, I ended up ordering a regular and a luxury version, I quite like the "farewell to arms" look for ash he has most of the movie so I'm going to pose one without the harness or saw, you can basically make every version of ash from evil dead 2 with the luxury version which is awesome.

I noticed it says the start of a new line. Is this a Evil Dead specific line or is this a new Horror line? Any more info on that would be great! You guys could crush a horror specific line! There's so many characters that haven't been tapped for 1:6....Re-Animator....Pumpkinhead....The Thing....American Werewolf in London....Universal Monsters need updated figures....my list could go on awhile lol

Was on the fence as I don't hate the Sideshow release like many appear to. Was worried this was just "more of the same". However, the extras are actually pretty crazy. You can probably buy a generic body and have the gear to make a whole separate variant figure out of it. My order is in.

I’ve never bought an Asmus figure before. Better to order directly through them or on Sideshow? I have a $25 off coupon and rewards to spend on SS.

I’ve never bought an Asmus figure before. Better to order directly through them or on Sideshow? I have a $25 off coupon and rewards to spend on SS.
Doesn't matter really tho I believe getting from Asmus direct you get it sooner. I pre-ordered via Sideshow though for what it's worth.

I always order direct from Asmus. FREE world wide shipping. And no tax.

Sideshow you'll be waiting longer. Paying tax on the $350 figure. And get charged $20+ for shipping. So it'll be closer to $400+ through SS.

If this is the beginning of a horror line then Asmus are about to own my wallet for the foreseeable future.
Seriously cool figure, I never grew up with the Evil Dead so Ash doesn't quite have that nostalgia factor for me, though I did really enjoy the movie, nevertheless still tempted by the luxury edition just for how jam packed it is.

Evil Dead franchise is my true love into the horror realm. Like any love it’s also drained me dry of $$. I personally feel like I funded Anchor Bay in the early 2000s as I bought ever damn DVD release they ever put out. Soooo, with this release I’m all over it. I love my SS Ash but he looks more like a caricature of Bruce then a true realistic sculpt. I’ll still keep him forever, but this looks like a more realistic younger version of Bruce. So, I fell in love with the release photos immediately and I’m now on the hook for 2 Luxury Sets….so down to 662. LOL!!

16F30403-0F57-4900-8515-C8453DBA99BA.jpeg

I see where some think he doesn’t look like Bruce…again this seems to be a ongoing issue with lighting and shadow - where a bad picture can change an items perspective because at some angles due to the lighting the sculpt does lose the likeness but these other shots that are properly lit….it’s him without a doubt.
4CC02BC1-47F0-4BE3-9060-463506DC38A6.jpeg
5D159449-E54A-4AB0-81D9-526CA4367EDC.jpeg
75582273-E27A-46A8-9EB0-3F609DFBBE69.jpeg
F02D5BFE-318D-44FF-910D-809329A67730.jpeg

Bugger it, I've just pre-ordered the luxury edition of Ash - this is an ace looking figure and I have a feeling the limited edition will be snapped up sooner rather than later

It's a fantastic looking figure, I don't know if I wanna blow $350 right now. $200 for the regular figure is pretty good.

Extra 150 for a huge base with an operating vice and cellar door, Henrietta, Linda's head, extra headsculpt , seamless arm and an extra shirt. Seems like a fair price to me
Yeah I'm not sure how much of that I'll actually use (I'm liable to keep the trap door closed as the Henrietta figure would seem to distract too much from Ash himself), but it still looks like a much more fun set to have than the barebones regular version.

I finally preordered him at Asmus! can't get him without that awesome diorama base and extras. It's worth it! Asmus has been knocking everything out so far and they listen to fans and always release good quality stuff, some are hit or miss be even then it's still better then most 1/6th today.

Back