Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m definitely keeping mine as well. I can get it to my liking.

There’s still a lot of people buying this thinking they’re getting something similar to the proto pics and not knowing what they’re actually getting. Hopefully more people see these pics before they buy.

Also for those wondering the luxury that Isn't so luxury comes in a brown shipper.

So Assmus just chucked Ass Willams into a standard box and packaged the diorama in that brown shipper. Just like their lord of the rings what a joke this company is. 🤦‍♂️😂

No nice box like gandalf. Just asked seller to take pics.
Wait so is it the standard figure packaged in a brown shipper with the Luxury base? So no luxury specific body with the cuts as some were hoping? lol
did you ask for a refund ? i just canceled and asumed i had to bite the NRD
I did and sent over pics of the proto and finished shots to prove my case.
I’m definitely keeping mine as well. I can get it to my liking.

There’s still a lot of people buying this thinking they’re getting something similar to the proto pics and not knowing what they’re actually getting. Hopefully more people see these pics before they buy.

The past 24 hours I've seen conversations pop up in various Collector groups on FB where people are quickly being informed about the shoddy figure, even in Sideshow's official group.

Last edited by a moderator:
This reminds me of the Sideshow Snake Plissken and Nathan Drake, both brilliant figures with truly botched up productions and quite undisplayable without mods. I think those who don't want to spend the extra time and money to mod Ash should just send Asmus a message by cancelling, while those intent to keep him should think of it as an unfinished model kit.

They send you an invoice, but that doesn't mean you have to pay. Mine says payment due on the 20th,but that doesn't mean I have to pay it and if you don't, they would just cancel it and sell it to someone else. They can't just take money from you just because they sent you an invoice. I escalated with Paypal to get my $20 deposit. They ain't getting ****! They falsely advertised this all the way through

They send you an invoice, but that doesn't mean you have to pay. Mine says payment due on the 20th,but that doesn't mean I have to pay it and if you don't, they would just cancel it and sell it to someone else. They can't just take money from you just because they sent you an invoice. I escalated with Paypal to get my $20 deposit. They ain't getting ****! They falsely advertised this all the way through
I'm not sure how their stuff works. I remember I pre-ordered the DMC5 Dante using PayPal but the email associated with that account I never use. I never saw an invoice but they still shipped me the figure. 😆

So I'm unsure if they just deducted the funds automatically or shipped it without me paying lol So just a fair warning

I'm not sure how their stuff works. I remember I pre-ordered the DMC5 Dante using PayPal but the email associated with that account I never use. I never saw an invoice but they still shipped me the figure. 😆

So I'm unsure if they just deducted the funds automatically or shipped it without me paying lol So just a fair warning
There is a button that says...pay....if you don't click on it, they don't get paid. Invoices don't have to be paid and if they automatically took a payment without authorization, they would be screwed anyway.

Wait so is it the standard figure packaged in a brown shipper with the Luxury base? So no luxury specific body with the cuts as some were hoping? lol
It’s been mostly common practice in their LOTR line to just pop the regular figure box (containing the standard release) in the larger deluxe/luxury brown box on top of whatever diorama is foam-packed beneath.
They only haven’t done this with Arwen who’s luxury version didn’t have any sort of art box.

Seeing as regular Ash has a stand that isn’t included with the Luxury edition, it would make sense that there is some sort of separate packing process/figure tray for the lux. So there may yet be a sliver of faint hope for that cut-up body…

It’s been mostly common practice in their LOTR line to just pop the regular figure box (containing the standard release) in the larger deluxe/luxury brown box on top of whatever diorama is foam-packed beneath.
They only haven’t done this with Arwen who’s luxury version didn’t have any sort of art box.

Seeing as regular Ash has a stand that isn’t included with the Luxury edition, it would make sense that there is some sort of separate packing process/figure tray for the lux. So there may yet be a sliver of faint hope for that cut-up body…
The luxury Ash comes with the regular ash base AND the diorama base. Check the specs on SS page. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. All luxury versions are just the standard with the Luxury box added with the standard. This is how they did it with the Helms Deep Aragorn that I received. And it was the same way with the Helms Deep Legolas.
Screenshot_20220112-190936_Chrome.jpg

Thanks for the fact check.

Playing devil's advocate, the Galadriel cape is really the only instance I think qualifies, though I wasn't following that thread as closely as others, so I'm vague on the circumstances.

As far as Gollum, I'm not so sure they took action on that as much as they just clarified the messaging. It seemed obvious that both hand sets should be included with both bodies, and to not include them both would be ... wrong. Same situation with the hairy feet. They never should've been there in the first place. If a waiter brings me the wrong meal, and I have to correct them, I'm not going to praise them for 'responding to my feedback'.

For Asmus to be praised for responding to feedback, they should be improving the likeness on Helm's Deep Aragorn after reveal. They should be offering replacement hats and staffs (staves?) for Gandalf. There were things on this Ash figure that people wanted them to fix, and they didn't.
I was an Asmus cheerleader for awhile but I’m still salty about the Aragorn sculpt. They even showed a digital rendering that looked great and we received what we did. Same thing with Legolas. A second sculpt of a figure should never have a poorer likeness than the first.

There is literally no post of this figure outside of the ones asmus posted and ebay and maybe a few out there. So far it's all bad, hence why a lot of us are cancelling. On the bright side I can use that money for GT cloud instead since that will be out this month. Asmus really should have delayed the release until Q2 the complaints would have been tolerable over completely ruining their rep and having everyone roast them for it. 🤣

There is literally no post of this figure outside of the ones asmus posted and ebay and maybe a few out there. So far it's all bad, hence why a lot of us are cancelling. On the bright side I can use that money for GT cloud instead since that will be out this month. Asmus really should have delayed the release until Q2 the complaints would have been tolerable over completely ruining their rep and having everyone roast them for it. 🤣
And what's worst is they aren't even speaking up about it. @Asmus should be ashamed.

Or at the very least, get some better ******* pictures out of the luxury set. And address the issues.

With as many short cuts as they took with this I wonder if they needed operating income and took a gamble that most would still get it. IF there is any validity to this sounds like they lost that gamble

And what's worst is they aren't even speaking up about it. @Asmus should be ashamed.

Or at the very least, get some better ******* pictures out of the luxury set. And address the issues.
That's what is making be nervous if they don't make a statement about the issues and what can be done then I fear for my last 2 preorder with them though those don't look like they will be trash. It makes me feel sad cause I really want an Ash and I might still get this but the issues are to great and I'm closer to cancelling then anything.

That's what is making be nervous if they don't make a statement about the issues and what can be done then I fear for my last 2 preorder with them though those don't look like they will be trash. It makes me feel sad cause I really want an Ash and I might still get this but the issues are to great and I'm closer to cancelling then anything.
I had this and their Luxury Gollum on order. Gollum may be my last preorder with them.

This figure is so bad that I’ve actually come to the realization that my view of Asmus was fueled by some serious Emperors New Clothes energy.
They were so vocal in this forum and seemed to be so passionate about the products that they were producing, that I wanted them to succeed and become the new leader in 1/6 scale.
This, coupled with my love of LOTR, made me overlook some very sub par figures in general…
I am now realizing that Asmus has always been a mediocre company, and I’m staring at a shelf filled with some very mediocre LOTR figures that I pretty much lied to myself about being good.
They are not good…maybe one or two, but the rest are all mediocre figures at best which would have been mocked if they had been released by Sideshow, or some other company that a lot of collectors were not rooting for.
Only good thing about this release is that the veil has been lifted and I can part ways with this mediocre company all together.
Harsh? Maybe. True…definitely.

This is my first Asmus figure. I was worried, but I was convinced by many collectors who shared some of their collection. I ordered the Luxury through Sideshow and I’m still, as of this moment, going through with the purchase. I had it paid off since pretty much when it went up for PO and I’m going to roll with it and see what happens. See if they plan on doing something to make things right (at least a little bit) and seeing what I can do to make it better myself.

If I get it in hand and there’s no hope, it’ll go right back for a full refund. I really want to see deadite Ash. I want to see some better images, and I really, REALLY want to see what Asmus has to say to their customers about everything such as bald Henrietta. Man… this had soooo much promise and I REALLY wanted this.

I was pretty happy when they showed the working chainsaw. I thought that maybe meant they were making tweaks and such. But it really seems like they rushed this out. From when they were saying they were taking suggestions into advisement and finalizing stuff to now? It was a pretty short time span. They really sped this thing along, and it shows. But I’m still staying in the glass half full lane for now.
Never Give Up, Never Surrender! 😂

Still holding out hope

I'll be using these funds towards a Silver Sky SE. 🎸

Again, very disappointed. My itch for an ash figure has now become...a larger itch.

Back