Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This figure is so bad that I’ve actually come to the realization that my view of Asmus was fueled by some serious Emperors New Clothes energy.
They were so vocal in this forum and seemed to be so passionate about the products that they were producing, that I wanted them to succeed and become the new leader in 1/6 scale.
This, coupled with my love of LOTR, made me overlook some very sub par figures in general…
I am now realizing that Asmus has always been a mediocre company, and I’m staring at a shelf filled with some very mediocre LOTR figures that I pretty much lied to myself about being good.
They are not good…maybe one or two, but the rest are all mediocre figures at best which would have been mocked if they had been released by Sideshow, or some other company that a lot of collectors were not rooting for.
Only good thing about this release is that the veil has been lifted and I can part ways with this mediocre company all together.
Harsh? Maybe. True…definitely.
This. (y) (y) (y)

Yeah Asmus shows off some pretty amazing protos, but when it comes to the final product it's really not much better than a Redman or Play Toy figure in terms of quality.

I had this and their Luxury Gollum on order. Gollum may be my last preorder with them.
Yeah I feel it bro. I'll be done with them once I get DMC3 Dante Lux, and DMC5 Vergil Lux. After that I won't be getting anything from them moving forward (though I probably will be tempted if they do a crown Aragorn and their new anime figures (mainly Jujutsu Kaisen license) after this train wreck I hardly see anyone wanting to deal with them ever again.

Also I had to confirm something so I checked the details on Asmus site and sure enough no wonder the outfit looks like 70s Gi Joe. POP Toys didn't make it. That is a huge downgrade to try and do it themselves when they aren't experienced in making outfits. Had POP done it we would have been able to work with the figure a little. Come on Asmus!!!

I
Yeah I feel it bro. I'll be done with them once I get DMC3 Dante Lux, and DMC5 Vergil Lux. After that I won't be getting anything from them moving forward (though I probably will be tempted if they do a crown Aragorn and their new anime figures (mainly Jujutsu Kaisen license) after this train wreck I hardly see anyone wanting to deal with them ever again.

I was about to get the Devil May Cry 5 Dante but I lost all interest thanks to this debacle, plus it's wearing a pleather coat which even Hot Toys can't stop from cracking in a couple of years.

I

I was about to get the Devil May Cry 5 Dante but I lost all interest thanks to this debacle, plus it's wearing a pleather coat which even Hot Toys can't stop from cracking in a couple of years.
Actually I own Dante he's worth it. The coat is apparently made of a material that won't peel easily and the pants are durable but you want to make sure the crotch stand isn't pressed on them to much as they can rub them and peel them but overall POP toys did make it and it's pretty good. If anything I changed the body out on mine just because it is the first time Asmus used their new Adam body so it's slimmer then what Dante's physique is. But that one I do recommend.

Asmus just posted this on FB

Screenshot_20220112-210244_Facebook.jpg

FB_IMG_1642050169835.jpg

Did I forget to mention their solutions are minimal effort also. Lol If it works cool I guess but looking at those cartoon ish boots, it's making me think I'm dodging a bullet with this figure. I wonder what their response to the glue on the chainsaw or Henrietta hair is going to look like. 😑

I'm confused...they're including a STICKER to place over the box art word? :cuckoo: That's gonna look ridiculous lol

I've heard of slapping a bandage on a problem but a stickers all new to me. Too bad you dont get one to slap over the misspelled name on the box as well. lmao.

I've heard of slapping a bandage on a problem but a stickers all knew to me. Too bad you dont get one to slap over the misspelled name on the box as well. lmao.
That's EXACTLY what they're doing :lol A damn sticker for the box art itself that you'll slap on.

UBMaatr.png

Back