Action Figure Asmus Toys: Devil May Cry 5 Dante

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the look of those different body swaps - which one overall would we say works the best in terms of a look and articulation ratio?

I finally got this figure, listening to different people in the thread, and I customized it while looking closely at DMC5 Dante on my PS4. Moved the camera around him, tried to get the best possible shots from front behind and the sides, and it's clear as day that he's muscular and not slim, as I stated earlier in this thread. You can see he has wide shoulders and pecs in DMC5, so the only way to go and do him justice was using the M33 Phicen body.

The regular body Asmus used isn't as bad as I thought when looking at videos articulation wise, but he stands loose on his feets, and he clearly doesn't fill up his shirt and jacket.

With the Phicen M33 body, it looks phenomenal. Once you do it properly, it looks on par with some of the best Hot Toys, but I will come back on that later.

That said, as nice as it looks, you need to be extremely careful with the clothes. It's easy to remove the clothes on the regular body, but it's not so easy to adjust the clothes on the Phicen body.
I don't know if anyone here tried to make the clothes fit on Quiet by Limtoys, but that was hard.
Well I will say that making the Dante clothes fit on the Phicen M33 body is even harder.

The worst part is the t-shirt and the jacket. The T-shirt can fit absolutely perfect on the Phicen body but you need a lot of patience for it to extend properly. The Phicen body is so muscular I was afraid of tearing the shirt apart. Even when I managed to make it fit on the body, there were some problems with how the t-shirt fell on the pants, I had to extend it as much as possible so it would fall like it does in the game.

As for the Jacket, one of the straps around the shoulder area broke because of the tension. It's okay though you can glue it back no problem (it's already glued on, originally). But I had to be extremely careful with the jacket, it took me an hour to make it fall properly on the shoulders.

The pants were the easiest part, no particular problem, you just have to be careful with the belt and material to avoid damage, both look fragile.

Once it's complete, once you make the clothes fall properly, the result is phenomenal, looks exactly like Dante in the game.

As for the articulation, you can do more than with any other body, and Dante can hold any sword without falling down. That said, the Phicen body fills the clothes so much I wouldn't risk leaving him in a stressful position because of the material of the jacket. It's the kind of material that will show signs of wear if you don't leave him in a neutral position, especially with a Phicen body.

One real problem with the M33 body though is that Dante's head hole isn't made to go on this body. You can still leave the head hanging on there, but it won't fit unless it's customized. I will chose not to customize it just in case I have to sell it at some point. I rarely keep figures forever, so I might end up selling this one at some point, I don't know, as good as it looks.

I happen to be extremely lucky with my Dante because I don't have the magnet problem with Rebellion! Rebellion holds perfect on the jacket, I can turn the figure upside down and it won't fall. Didn't have to customize the magnet inside rebellion.

I will post photos if people are interested in seeing the result.

All around, it's a great figure, but you do have to customize it. The original body is okay, but it's not up to my standards, and it feels kind of ridiculous next to some other Hot Toys, Dante looks like he was on a diet for too long. But with the Phicen body, it looks so good.

I really love what they did with the jacket, very nice tailoring, extremely faithful to the game. The clothes are very nice overall, and the details on the weapons are insane, especially the Sparda sword, mindblowing.

The headsculpt is great, but I'm not happy with how the hair fall on the eyes. They did an amazing job with the eyes, and they're hidden by the hair. But they nailed the look, smirk, attitude, I have to say I'm impressed.

Great figure overall and certainly the best Dante figure we've had until now.

Now what I would love is a proper DMC1 1/6 Dante. If Asmus can top what they did with this DMC5 Dante, and using a Phicen body this time, it will be an instant buy, and I will sell this DMC5 Dante.

Thanks Padawam, I really appreciate the advice.
Please do post some pictures if it isn't too much trouble, it sounds like you've put a lot of effort into this figure and it would be nice to see.

Here is the result with the M33 Phicen Body. I still have to adjust the shirt more, and find the proper material for the bandages on the wrists. Still hesitating to mod the head so it can fit perfectly but it looks much better in person than on picture for whatever reason ahah.
You can look at other pictures/customs on page 23 from tryvor7.

For me the biggest argument of using the Phicen body is how it fills the jacket properly and how the pecs look under the shirt. I don't want a saggy pecs effect on my figure.
And it's the closest look from the in-game model.

But to each their own Dante.

dantephicen.jpeg

cYq0Hss.jpg

ZZEEQW2.jpg

Fcp3JwU.jpg

PHEY5NW.jpg

5v5UzvE.jpg

qLrvTFi.jpg

This picture was taken while changing the display composition of the cabinet. :)

And Nero recently did a customized replacement with a 5 dante's body.
(5 dante's shoulder joints were attached, so they were effective for Nero.)

However, the same is true of looking dwarfed, so I'm looking for a different body. :p

Very cool Tryvor, what material did you use on Dante's wrists? Looks great!

Finally managed to fix the goddamn shirt, what a nightmare. Figure looks absolutely beast, very pleased with Asmus, just sucks we have to customize it ourselves.

danteasmusfinal2.jpeg
danteasmusfinal.jpeg

Great paint work man! Looks exactly like what Asmus did if not better.
I doubt I can do that on a phicen body with the silicon though. I'm searching for the right material but haven't figured out what to use so far.

Anyway great modding on Dante. I'm still on the fence about contacting that guy to have the hairline improved, can anybody send me his contact? Thank you!

So after going back and forth I finally decided to use the JX toys body for Dante. The S01 which is the lean version as opposed to the more muscular one. It works a whole lot better! The legs are better proportioned now. I'm just waiting on the sculpt.

Thought I update the thread a bit. Finally satisfied with the body I chose for Dante. For the sculpt am back to square one and will be getting it back and sending it elsewhere to get repainted and haired.

What happened?!

And any pics for the new body?
The Artist was to busy and said it would be 7 months before he get to the sculpt. So I had him cancel it and told him to send my sculpt back and refund me the amount. As for the body it's the same one from before, a ttm19 with double jointed arms but the torso is from a Damtoys body which has a more fit muscular chest so it looks great now. I'll see if I can take a full shot with the sculpt on it before sending it out. Also did the fix on rebellion so the magnet sticks to the correct side though it's still not very strong and I damaged the sword slightly trying to open it.

The Artist was to busy and said it would be 7 months before he get to the sculpt. So I had him cancel it and told him to send my sculpt back and refund me the amount. As for the body it's the same one from before, a ttm19 with double jointed arms but the torso is from a Damtoys body which has a more fit muscular chest so it looks great now. I'll see if I can take a full shot with the sculpt on it before sending it out. Also did the fix on rebellion so the magnet sticks to the correct side though it's still not very strong and I damaged the sword slightly trying to open it.

Aw man, that sucks.

And it sucks the sword got damaged.

Got the sculpt back last week finally. And today I got another ttm19 body from HT on ebay the chest piece I took off and put it on the body I'm using for Dante and it looks way better now. I think I'm done with him (body wise) I will be sending the sculpt to get haired and bearded soon. But just a quick photo with him all put together. Also I still need to add the wraps on his arms and I'll be doing that soon also. 20210208_203856.jpg

Back