Action Figure Asmus Toys: Devil May Cry 5 Dante

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also this is what I meant about cutting the sides open. I didn't cut it all the way down. It literally was like trying to put on a tight shirt that doesn't fit you. Hence why you have to cut the sides and leave the body without the arms until you got it on. Then put the arms on and that was hard also. Lol 20200930_130443.jpg

Lol! We paid more than $250 and we still have to fix or mod it to get it right. I'd like to see your final work and clearer photos of it.

Lol! We paid more than $250 and we still have to fix or mod it to get it right. I'd like to see your final work and clearer photos of it.
Yeah Asmus did a good job with the figure but still somethings could have been improved. The body is good it just lacks strength to be able to pose right with the swords. Plus the forearms are supper skinny compared to the one's I switched to. I'll for sure post photos when he is done, I need to get a new phone anyways. Lol with a better camara to take pics it's long overdue.

Yeah I saw that thanks man. The Phicen switch is definitely better, Dante is supposed to be very muscular, even in DMC5, it's just that the coat gives the impression he's slim, but he's a pretty muscular guy, so M33 Phicen is clearly the right pick.

Luis, you said something about cutting the sides open, were you talking about the Phicen body? Is it hard to switch from regular body to Phicen?

Also, I saw a lot of people complain about the magnet on the back to hold Rebellion, does every single figure have this issue? Does it mean you just can't put the sword on the back? Has anybody tried to put the other magnets they give you for the Balrog outfit to make Rebellion hold?

I'm on the fence on getting this Dante... it definitely looks fine to me from the pictures I'm seeing, but seeing everyone complain, I'm not sure it's worth the price.
I'm surprised it's as expensive as a Hot Toys given it's Asmus Toys we're talking about. This Dante does look like it's on par with Hot Toys in terms of look, but I'm not sure about the materials & stuff, I've never owned an Asmus figure. I passed on every single thing they released in the past because their products were absolutely terrible to me until now (yes even the DMC3 Vergil, it looks like what Medicom was doing in the 2000's, even worse).

We're really unlucky with Devil May Cry, absolutely all the releases range from disappointing to utter garbage. I'm not even sure I wish Hot Toys got the licence seeing how they failed miserably with MGS3. I think the least terrible DMC figures were Nero Play Arts Kai, and the Neca DMC1 Dante. But it's not up to my standards as of now. I want clothed figures with great headsculpts.

The 1000 Toys figures have some qualities (especially the accessories), I was almost on the fence on getting one in hopes of customizing one with full clothes later on, but it's too expensive for what it is. I saw Nero is person and hate the resultat, only cool thing is the coat, and Dante looks even worse.

The Asmus Nero looks like a failed figure, I don't understand how they got the wrong color with the coat. At this level of amateurism, it's really angering me. I dig Nero's design in DMC5 (except the hair), I would have gotten the Asmus one if the Headsculpt was less terrible and if the coat had the right color.

Now, Dante looks alright, but the body and the magnet worry me. If I get a Phicen body it will cost me a lot more, and I still have to be extremely careful with switching the clothes. So I hope it's a top notch product aside from those problems, if someone can enlighten me and give me a really good unbiased review, it would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah I saw that thanks man. The Phicen switch is definitely better, Dante is supposed to be very muscular, even in DMC5, it's just that the coat gives the impression he's slim, but he's a pretty muscular guy, so M33 Phicen is clearly the right pick.

Luis, you said something about cutting the sides open, were you talking about the Phicen body? Is it hard to switch from regular body to Phicen?

Also, I saw a lot of people complain about the magnet on the back to hold Rebellion, does every single figure have this issue? Does it mean you just can't put the sword on the back? Has anybody tried to put the other magnets they give you for the Balrog outfit to make Rebellion hold?

I'm on the fence on getting this Dante... it definitely looks fine to me from the pictures I'm seeing, but seeing everyone complain, I'm not sure it's worth the price.
I'm surprised it's as expensive as a Hot Toys given it's Asmus Toys we're talking about. This Dante does look like it's on par with Hot Toys in terms of look, but I'm not sure about the materials & stuff, I've never owned an Asmus figure. I passed on every single thing they released in the past because their products were absolutely terrible to me until now (yes even the DMC3 Vergil, it looks like what Medicom was doing in the 2000's, even worse).

We're really unlucky with Devil May Cry, absolutely all the releases range from disappointing to utter garbage. I'm not even sure I wish Hot Toys got the licence seeing how they failed miserably with MGS3. I think the least terrible DMC figures were Nero Play Arts Kai, and the Neca DMC1 Dante. But it's not up to my standards as of now. I want clothed figures with great headsculpts.

The 1000 Toys figures have some qualities (especially the accessories), I was almost on the fence on getting one in hopes of customizing one with full clothes later on, but it's too expensive for what it is. I saw Nero is person and hate the resultat, only cool thing is the coat, and Dante looks even worse.

The Asmus Nero looks like a failed figure, I don't understand how they got the wrong color with the coat. At this level of amateurism, it's really angering me. I dig Nero's design in DMC5 (except the hair), I would have gotten the Asmus one if the Headsculpt was less terrible and if the coat had the right color.

Now, Dante looks alright, but the body and the magnet worry me. If I get a Phicen body it will cost me a lot more, and I still have to be extremely careful with switching the clothes. So I hope it's a top notch product aside from those problems, if someone can enlighten me and give me a really good unbiased review, it would be greatly appreciated.

Bruh, I gotchu.

Dante is absolutely worth getting. These "complaints" for Dante have ranged from minor to overblown. Dante in DMCV is FIT, not muscular. The stock body serves its purpose and unless you're gonna display him coat less, it's a non issue.

HOWEVER, if you DO want to bulk him up ever so slightly because you decided to pose him draping his coat over his shoulder with attitude, thus showing his physique, then the option of swapping bodies is there. Phicen bodies or bodies from other companies will never be sold out, but Dante will.

If you haven't seen my review or tony's, I'd suggest watching them;

In my video, I show off what's possible with the articulation.

In Tony's, he goes in depth.

I'm glad you pointed out that you're not sure HTs would've done a better job. I agree. They're VGM line has always been hit or miss. More misses than hits if you asked me.

Honestly man, this is a great figure. You really shouldn't pass on it. But as I usually point out in some of my videos, if funds are an issue then definitely don't "waste" money on toys. But if you can swing it and can afford Dante, get him. Remember, he's limited. And if the "thin" look bothers you that much, at least you have the option of getting a different body down the line and swapping it.

Re: Possible Hot Toys DC TV license?

Ah one more thing I wanted to share with my fellow devil hunters something I've been working on for the past week.

export.jpg

I'm not finished with it as it's still a WIP.

Cookies to those that can tell me who the other guy is. :)

Ah one more thing I wanted to share with my fellow devil hunters something I've been working on for the past week.

View attachment 497412

I'm not finished with it as it's still a WIP.

Cookies to those that can tell me who the other guy is. :)
Nice drawing bud. Vampire hunter D (cough) with Dante is ironic cause you could call him Devil hunter D also. Lmao

Look all the way up on this page and you will see what I did and it's not to a phicen body. Honestly IMO get this Dante the clothes is top notch and the jacket and pants will last for a very long time. The body is good but yes it's a bit slim but I disagree that Dante is muscular he is like BrooklynWolf said more lean/fit. You can change the body out my recommendation is if you can mod a body then use a HT ttm19 or equivalent, that or a JX toys S01 body which is the best body in this case to get that lean look. The Rebellion issue is going to be for everyone unless Asmus fixes it for a second batch (which at this time might not happen) then you will have to deal with it and fix it yourself which is what I will be doing. No the magnets from belrog don't work for the sword as the magnet issue is in the sword more so then on his back. The sword still attaches but just barely and falls off once you move him. It's also on the wrong side so that also adds to the problem. However regardless of all these small issues the figure is one of my favorites and I enjoy having him I aim to get Vergil from the game to pair with Dante. You shouldn't pass him up. You might end up hunting for him later on if you do and it will be hard I've seen DMC4 Dante go for almost $1000 and that figure was good in terms of outfit and gear but lacked in sculpt and body.

Thank you very much and thanks to @Brooklyn Wolf X (I did watch your review, terrific job!).
I will get him then, it just sucks that we have to mod him, I'm afraid I might break something. Maybe I just will leave it as it is, I will see.
And yeah I saw the different mods you made, but the Phicen is clearly my favorite one. He is fit indeed, but not slim in-game. Both the bodies you showed in photograph beside the Phicen lack on the shoulder area and even the legs. Dante is really bigger than what you may think ; ) The clothes make every muscular guy look slimmer than what he really is, just look at Arnold in T2. When he's fully clothed, you couldn't know he's THAT muscular. Not saying Dante is as muscular as Arnold in T2, but he definitely has wide shoulders, big pecs and big arms.
Don't know if I will resign myself to do the mod though, it's hard to make such a switch, I'm afraid I may destroy the shirt.

Again, what did you mean by "cutting the sides"?

Thank you very much and thanks to @Brooklyn Wolf X (I did watch your review, terrific job!).
I will get him then, it just sucks that we have to mod him, I'm afraid I might break something. Maybe I just will leave it as it is, I will see.
And yeah I saw the different mods you made, but the Phicen is clearly my favorite one. He is fit indeed, but not slim in-game. Both the bodies you showed in photograph beside the Phicen lack on the shoulder area and even the legs. Dante is really bigger than what you may think ; ) The clothes make every muscular guy look slimmer than what he really is, just look at Arnold in T2. When he's fully clothed, you couldn't know he's THAT muscular. Not saying Dante is as muscular as Arnold in T2, but he definitely has wide shoulders, big pecs and big arms.
Don't know if I will resign myself to do the mod though, it's hard to make such a switch, I'm afraid I may destroy the shirt.

Again, what did you mean by "cutting the sides"?

Thanks for the view and compliment :D

The issues about the body, you're absolutely right. he may be slimmer than his physique in DMC4, but it doesnt mean I need to throw a sandwich his way haha.

It's just that IMO he is fine as is and if money is an issue in regards to spending more for mods/body swapping, it really isn't necessary. I'd rather you save that money and buy DMCV Vergil lol.

But of course it's up to everyone's tastes Y'know?

As for the magnet. Yeah, there's no denying that the poor implementation of the magnet sucks a big one and knocks the score down a bit. Buuuut, when given lemons, you make lemonade right? Can't hang rebellion off his back and are not confident in opening it to fix it?

Alright, then I'll just pose him resting the sword on his shoulder. Or, I can pose him mid action where he grabs rebellion off his back and is about to strike.

Anyhow, if you get Dante, I'm positive you'd be more than satisfied with your purchase. It's my personal figure of the year.

Thanks for the view and compliment :D

The issues about the body, you're absolutely right. he may be slimmer than his physique in DMC4, but it doesnt mean I need to throw a sandwich his way haha.

It's just that IMO he is fine as is and if money is an issue in regards to spending more for mods/body swapping, it really isn't necessary. I'd rather you save that money and buy DMCV Vergil lol.

But of course it's up to everyone's tastes Y'know?

As for the magnet. Yeah, there's no denying that the poor implementation of the magnet sucks a big one and knocks the score down a bit. Buuuut, when given lemons, you make lemonade right? Can't hang rebellion off his back and are not confident in opening it to fix it?

Alright, then I'll just pose him resting the sword on his shoulder. Or, I can pose him mid action where he grabs rebellion off his back and is about to strike.

Anyhow, if you get Dante, I'm positive you'd be more than satisfied with your purchase. It's my personal figure of the year.

Why thank you for your in-depths views on this figure, it's much appreciated.
I had already watched your review before you advised it to me but had no idea you were on this board as well, cool to see a real passionate collector! I watched the very rare reviews available on Youtube for this figure but I was still left with those questions about the body & sword haha.
But really appreciated your review a lot, the shots, the editing, the voice over and pick of musics was ace. I will advertise your channel when I get the chance, you deserve way more views for your work. My audience is french but there are a lot of people interested in figure reviews, and I don't/can't cover that sadly.

On a side note, I had no idea the Asmus DMC4 was that expensive and impossible to find. Thanks for warning me. Given there aren't much options to get a proper Dante figure, I guess this one will sell out fast and that I have to make up my mind quickly, you two guys greatly helped.

I agree it's definitely (visually anyway from what I've seen with reviews & pictures) a strong contender for figure of the year in 1/6 scale.
Can't say I've been much impressed by anything in this scale recently, but it's mostly because of the picks of characters (I really don't understand wtf Hot Toys are doing, they completely lost me), and also because I think we've reached the max quality standard for the charged prices. If you want a superior quality, you have to ask a customizer who may take forever to customize it and charge you at least the price of your figure if not more hahaha. But at this point of realism, it's Art really, can't really put a definitive price on that (for instance I really dig one of the Michael Myers customs DeanKnight bought a while ago, I think he paid well over a thousand dollars for it, but it's worth it, his figure is mindblowing).

My personal figure of the year is 1/12 Venom Snake by Limtoys for now, but I could see Dante being my favorite 1/6 of the year. What's the competition really? Ahahaha. Just sucks that we have to customize him dammit!

And yeah if Vergil comes out, depending on the result, I may get him as well, I dig his design in DMC5. Nero & V will be a pass though.

Lastly about money, I used to invest a lot in figures in the past, but I've sold a ****load of figs recently. What got me back in the game is Limtoys (pre-ordered over a year and a half ago, it was to the point I had forgotten about it). Hence why I'm on the fence and really picky right now haha, I'm extremely picky (and of course way too much things going on, things to pay everything, and the coronavirus situation isn't helping, ****** year for everyone!).

Anyway thanks very much for your inputs!

This is Dante's head that I repainted, take off his wig and get ready for an implant hair~:nana:
ffc8a9d0f703918f3ce71d94463d269758eec4ae.jpg
873a666eddc451dac7c72cb5a1fd5266d11632ae.jpg
2cbe33198618367aa1b95f8339738bd4b21ce5a8.jpg

His long hair from the later points is my favorite. I'll hlet the artisan do the long hair look.:wink1:

Screw it - I really like the look of this figure and decided to pick him up (a decision that frankly shocks me since I have yet to even play DMC5 :rotfl )
This Dante looks like an awesome demon hunter and I'm looking forward to displaying him with Hellboy (when he arrives) and Blade to make a badass part-monster monster hunter shelf.

I really like the look of those different body swaps - which one overall would we say works the best in terms of a look and articulation ratio?

Back