Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8234e611a991ed8be92cc3551ea96288.jpg
969abc39cae814cfd36ae20be9a903c1.jpg
145ca113a66ffe0f840ed2cce0046ca5.jpg
0f6a0bad6ac87f2ae861e2bd83bce326.jpg

I added some gloss to the face to give it a little more definition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

definitely better with the gloss on the face. Anybody have this Aragorn head for sale?

@Cman where did you get the ring from smeagol is holding please? Thanks Awesome work btw

I just got the idea...
I have a second screaming sculp to Aragorn that I do not care about so I was thinking that I take the hair sculpt of that one, cut out and peel all the hair out so I am left only with the round add on that attaches to the face and then try the hair mod on that. So I can switch both the original plastic and the moded wig on the face sculpt.
Does anybody know if both regular and screaming sculpt have the same attachment system on the face?

I just got the idea...
I have a second screaming sculp to Aragorn that I do not care about so I was thinking that I take the hair sculpt of that one, cut out and peel all the hair out so I am left only with the round add on that attaches to the face and then try the hair mod on that. So I can switch both the original plastic and the moded wig on the face sculpt.
Does anybody know if both regular and screaming sculpt have the same attachment system on the face?

Yes they do

In the case of both Asmus and ACI, I think the criticism was directed less at whether they chose scuplted vs. rooted hair and more towards how each was executed. My favorite Asmus Aragorn mod is still Dave Navarro's, which features a reshaped hair scuplt. Likewise, most of the out of the box/untrimmed pics of ACI's Aragorn look like he stepped out of a 1980s music video.

In the case of both Asmus and ACI, I think the criticism was directed less at whether they chose scuplted vs. rooted hair and more towards how each was executed. My favorite Asmus Aragorn mod is still Dave Navarro's, which features a reshaped hair scuplt. Likewise, most of the out of the box/untrimmed pics of ACI's Aragorn look like he stepped out of a 1980s music video.

Navarros is really good
509a1f56f70ad1684aba9716da9ea12a.jpg

Does anybody know the best way to cut plastic? I'd love to try this with my discarded hair piece. I like the real hair look best but it would be cool to have options

The hair is really soft plastic. I would think an exacto knife would do the job.

Considering this, too. I don't think I have the courage to try hairing mine, but this kind of mod might be more my speed.

The hair is really soft plastic. I would think an exacto knife would do the job.

Considering this, too. I don't think I have the courage to try hairing mine, but this kind of mod might be more my speed.

Cool thanks!

Personally, I think Asmus needs a lot of work regarding how they sculpt hair. They look muddy and lack detail. That is why I am happy when they decide to do real hair on their headsculpts.

07701a094e8b99fbde1e8c01bd96f9fd.jpg
16a9677347b5fcdf927ddd2c922b6dcb.jpg
1de62c2c29c0279f1b5fbf19cd0df83d.jpg

Got my new custom bag end door the other day. Looks great behind aragorn. Can't wait for merry and pip!

Finally got this guy in and have to say he's really, really nice. All of the accessories and details are excellent - the green jewels, the arrows, the stitching. So much fun to get him set up and all put together. I do have a few mods in mind:

- My main gripe is the shininess of his coat. Going to try to dull it down somehow (vinegar + water? Matte medium? Not sure yet)
- Find/make the black cloth that's wrapped around his arrows (an odd omission considering it's in the picture on the box :))
- Dye his cloak to a more Strider green and remove the Lorien brooch
- General weathering - especially the boots
- And yeah, the hair. I really dig some of the haired mods people have done - cman's is awesome - but I just prefer sculpted. Hoping the piece can be lowered, reshaped and then painted darker. We'll see.

All in all though, he's a kick*** figure and I'm happy to have him. Should be a lot of fun to mess around with a bit. I've never considered army-building before but I really wouldn't mind a pack of Dúnedain at his back. :aragorn :aragorn :aragorn :aragorn :aragorn

Finally got this guy in and have to say he's really, really nice. All of the accessories and details are excellent - the green jewels, the arrows, the stitching. So much fun to get him set up and all put together. I do have a few mods in mind:

- My main gripe is the shininess of his coat. Going to try to dull it down somehow (vinegar + water? Matte medium? Not sure yet)
- Find/make the black cloth that's wrapped around his arrows (an odd omission considering it's in the picture on the box :))
- Dye his cloak to a more Strider green and remove the Lorien brooch
- General weathering - especially the boots
- And yeah, the hair. I really dig some of the haired mods people have done - cman's is awesome - but I just prefer sculpted. Hoping the piece can be lowered, reshaped and then painted darker. We'll see.

All in all though, he's a kick*** figure and I'm happy to have him. Should be a lot of fun to mess around with a bit. I've never considered army-building before but I really wouldn't mind a pack of Dúnedain at his back. :aragorn :aragorn :aragorn :aragorn :aragorn

I agree on all points:clap

Back