Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The face still looks derpy to me from some angles but I wonder if it's just that it doesn't photograph well. DX07 Luke, for example, looks awful in most photographs but in hand is very good. I get the feeling it might be the same w/ACI's Aragorn. You're in for a treat with the Ringwraith, btw. Really happy with the two I got.

I'm pulling for Asmus to knock this out of the park. I really like ACIs but I don't mind shelling out for Asmus' too. Plus this figure could be the one that brings in a lot of people that say on the fence for the bad guys.

Don't be so negative,
we promised Febuary,
and it is yet March, right?

Cheers, Asmus!
No, I didn't mean to sound so negative. Sorry about that. :)
It's just been so quiet concerning Aragorn.
After reading some other categories in the LOTR forums, I was enlightened as to situations (been away for a bit). Keeping my head up and eyes open! Can't wait to see what you have!
As for ACI's: as others have mentioned, good looking accessories and such, bur there's something off about it.
I have faith in Asmus!
Glad the bump brought folks back to talking about it. :D

Well...today IS the last day of February...so all eyes are likely on this thread! Anxiously awaiting some new information and especially NEW imagery of the Asmus Aragorn figure. Really hoping they knock it out of the park!!

Yo guys,
We have worry that Bard and Aragorn would come too close on the pre-order date,
so we will push the full announcement back a little bit.

But as we promised to you here, we will show some photos of the prototypes.
so if there is some tweeks or what, its not too late.

Unlike Bard and Tauriel, its much harder to make changes once it is announced.

IMG_9602.JPG

Since we have a ACI Aragorn in hand,
the extra time will also let us do a good study and see if there are elements we can add in,
or make change of.

One thing for sure, we definitely will NOT go root hair.

Yo guys,
We have worry that Bard and Aragorn would come too close on the pre-order date,
so we will push the full announcement back a little bit.

But as we promised to you here, we will show some photos of the prototypes.
so if there is some tweeks or what, its not too late.

Unlike Bard and Tauriel, its much harder to make changes once it is announced.

View attachment 169488

download.jpg

It's not perfect but it's pretty damn good. If you are still looking for tweeks I thinks his face is too clean. His face should look more like the beginnings of an unshaven beard not an unshaven goatee.

I'm not as concerned about the pushed back pre-order but I sure would like to see some pics. Maybe a full body shot so we can see the whole thing?

Bear no resemblance to Aragorn. You should work on it.

Maybe you're thinking to sell a new Aragorn face like you did on Gandalf the White before.

WOW...I think it is VERY close...perhaps as mentioned a bit more BEARD to the lower jaw line and a slightly wider nose BRIDGE. Mouth and chin look good! The eyes may be a little too DEEP SET, but not too bad. The lighting in those two images above really don't help with a comparison IMO...the ASMUS image is very dark while the promo image is very bright...tough to make a decent comparison. But looking back on the older prototypes...this is VERY well done...SOLD!

Re: Asmus Toys : Argorn thread

Agree with the two previous posts. Forehead is too high, eyes are too close, and also the nose lack of character. Under the nose it seems good, and the paint app for the beard looks great. Maybe take an example with this sculpt:

View attachment 112988

View attachment 112989

On this sculpt, hair, forehead and nose are just excellent. Anyway take some more time to perfect your work, I don't mind waiting a few months more until the product likeness is ok, and I think I am not the only one. Good luck!
:)

Look at this and look at yours. It cannot be so hard to sculpt that face.

Last edited:
Somebody find a better picture to make comparisons to. That one looks like an airbrushed model's photo.

Bear no resemblance to Aragorn. You should work on it.

Maybe you're thinking to sell a new Aragorn face like you did on Gandalf the White before.

I can't see your pic. at work but what Asmus is showing definitely has a good likeness of Aragorn. Like I said it's not perfect but it's close.

Last edited:
Back