Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a quick shot of the Art Figures King on HT True Type and Asmus expansion Aragorn headsculpt. Sorry I didnr have time for more shots. Heading with the family to JW: Fallen Kingdom. Hoping to have more time to play when I get home.View attachment 416175

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

how is the body that came with it?

Looks great Rzeznikk!
I did the same thing earlier this year, except I used an Asmus slim Aragorn body and hands that I got from Toyanxiety along with the expansion Asmus Aragorn head.
:clap
Nice. Id like to see some pics. This is the standard muscle body that came with the DX05. I had an extra laying around. It was pretty tight getting all those layers on.
You have a real knack for posing. That looks great and so dynamic.
Thanks!
how is the body that came with it?
It's pretty basic. The feet are permanently attached to the body. Which I hate.

Here's a quick shot of the Art Figures King on HT True Type and Asmus expansion Aragorn headsculpt. Sorry I didnr have time for more shots. Heading with the family to JW: Fallen Kingdom. Hoping to have more time to play when I get home.

Wow. Great bash. Fabulous pose.

I was vaguely aware of the Art Figures King figure, but didn't really investigate because it wasn't a company I was familiar with. But that outfit looks great! How is it in-hand? The details look pretty nice in your pic.

Wow. Great bash. Fabulous pose.

I was vaguely aware of the Art Figures King figure, but didn't really investigate because it wasn't a company I was familiar with. But that outfit looks great! How is it in-hand? The details look pretty nice in your pic.
Thanks. It's not bad. But I can see the outer tunic has some deteriorating going on. But I'm going to be weathering it up so I guess it doesn't matter too much.

Here's a few more pics. Happy to have a figure representing each of the films now for my movie figure timeline. :D IMG_20180705_172748_786.jpegIMG_20180705_213440_410.jpegIMG_20180705_213440_409.jpegIMG_20180705_214653_505.jpeg

What can I say??
This is great!!
Thanks for the tips for this figure bro!
That flaking... It is terrible. So, the figure got to you that way, or you are the first owner? I mean, this deterioration will happen no matter what? Your unit was not subjected to any mishandling?
Best,
m.
Here's a quick shot of the Art Figures King on HT True Type and Asmus expansion Aragorn headsculpt. Sorry I didnr have time for more shots. Heading with the family to JW: Fallen Kingdom. Hoping to have more time to play when I get home.View attachment 416175

What can I say??
This is great!!
Thanks for the tips for this figure bro!
That flaking... It is terrible. So, the figure got to you that way, or you are the first owner? I mean, this deterioration will happen no matter what? Your unit was not subjected to any mishandling?
Best,
m.
It was new/sealed. So I'm assuming it happens regardless. It was already flaking in the box.

Ouch.... I won that one, I am second owner... I haven't actully played around with it though, I guess what's going to happen when I do.....
Thanks anyway buddy,
m.

It was new/sealed. So I'm assuming it happens regardless. It was already flaking in the box.

Nice. Id like to see some pics. This is the standard muscle body that came with the DX05. I had an extra laying around. It was pretty tight getting all those layers on. Thanks! It's pretty basic. The feet are permanently attached to the body. Which I hate.

is there a difference between the hot toys body and the one that came with it?

Yeah I messaged them on FB to ask before I ordered the Art Figures King. I mean they could be blowing smoke but their response was
"I don't think we will be making any more Aragorn anytime soon, if ever.."

I included a screenshot of the Black Gates Art Figure to lessen any confusion. So I'll take their word for it. Lol

Heartbreaking response, considering the Art Figures fig has QC issues.
People, the only way to get a proper, up-to-date The King fig is to ask for it. All together. Only so will Asmus ever listen and do what we need.
I guess they are afraid there will be no demand for such a figure. They might be right but heck, I'd like to know how they go about to determine what will sell and what not. As far as I am concerned EVERYBODY would love to get a King fig........
That's another thing that only us can prove: we should create a Doodle and see how much people would be in.
What do you guys think?

is there a difference between the hot toys body and the one that came with it?
Oh yeah I wanted to ask that too.
I mean, you switch bodies because fit was not good? Too tiny the AF one? Or loose? Or bad quality all around?

You lost one neck articulation with that change, and a very important one for that matter. Lots of attitude got lost there. Was it worth it?

Did you also part with them bendy hands?

I'd say just be careful with it. Hopefully you are luckier than I lol

Hope so man... hope so.....

Heartbreaking response, considering the Art Figures fig has QC issues.
People, the only way to get a proper, up-to-date The King fig is to ask for it. All together. Only so will Asmus ever listen and do what we need.
I guess they are afraid there will be no demand for such a figure. They might be right but heck, I'd like to know how they go about to determine what will sell and what not. As far as I am concerned EVERYBODY would love to get a King fig........
That's another thing that only us can proove: we should create a Doodle and see how much people would be in.
What do you guys think?

Oh yeah I wanted to ask that too.
I mean, you switch bodies because fit was not good? Too tiny the AF one? Or loose? Or bad quality all around?

You lost one neck articulation with that change, and a very important one for that matter. Lots of attitude got lost there. Was it worth it?

Did you also part with them bendy hands?

Hope so man... hope so.....
I swapped the body because the stock head was a sculpted neck. Since I'm using the expansion Aragorn head (with no neck) the body was not compatible.

As for if I'd be down for Asmus doing Black Gate Aragorn. At this point, after having asked and was told no and I purchased this, no, I doubt I'd double dip now.

Maybe if it came as another expansion and I could get a screen accurate head (correct hair for that scene) and a new updated tunic. But this meets the requirements I needed for the display.

Last edited:
I swapped the body because the stock head was a sculpted neck. Since I'm using the expansion Aragorn head (with no neck) the body was not compatible.

As for if I'd be down for Asmus doing Black Gate Aragorn. At this point, after having asked and was told no and I purchased this, no, I doubt I'd double dip now.

Maybe if it came as another expansion and I could get a screen accurate head (correct hair for that scene) and a new updated tunic. But this meets the requirements I needed for the display.

Thanks again for your input, buddy.

I think a great many people would be gladly down for a new King, and uniting and asking Asmus (of all other manufacturers) would have a happy result.
But nobody seems interested in joining the move......

Best,
m.

Yesterday I finally opened my box and took a few shots in the forest with Aragorn slim version. I will later post a pic with the hoodie/cloak - is there a trick with the hood, because I haven't found to like it on him yet. It is soo big over the head and looks a bit funny instead of mysterious or cool...

p8082311.jpg

Edit here is what I mean with that cloak. Either its long or a bit misformed:

p8082410.jpg

p8082411.jpg

p8082412.jpg

Not sure what

I never pose with the hood up but it does look good when down. This is not the slim version so the cloak may be a bit different.
500a2871947674dd2b01fffabf196b95.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Have you tried the old soaking the cloak in water and styling it on the figure trick?

Back