Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm wondering, Raymond, as a pro customizer, can you think of any way to remove the eyebrow paint without having to repaint the entire head? I was hoping to leave everything else intact, add some fullness to the beard and maybe reshape those brows with a repaint.

I certainly do! in fact these types of mods (without a full repaint) I do to the majority of my figures.

I recommend nail polish remover, and if that is not strong enough, Goof Off.

At most hobby shops you can get tiny pointed cotton swabs. Sometimes a toothpick works. (fun fact regular toothpicks is what I use to "paint" 90 percent of my custom jobs. I go through like a pack per head.

You top the swap or the toothpick and rub off the paint in the area. then you paint back what you want.

the problem you may run into is a "bare" spot. where there is no skin tones only the base plastic color. light brown/red acrtylic washes can help blend these areas.

As I said I "paint" most of my skin texture with toothpick stipleing of pastels and sometimes give a pastel or acrylic wash over everything.

Then a dull coat seal spray at the very end! Spot gloss the eyes after... and done!

I can't recall who PM'ed me before, but I'll be selling my headsculpt $55usd shipped within the continental USA.

diluted acetone. go VERY slowly as it will melt the plastic, but if you go slow, take off a little at a time, it'll be fine!!

Now that's a pretty good looking figure! Thank goodness I have a stash of extra HT feet lying around from back in the day, going to have to add them to those boots. But he looks fantastic in your display! Great futzing.

Thank you, i might try one too [emoji4]

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

Closeup shot of the headsculpt
1dcf32387c19872ef2e09496f0edad0e.jpg

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

So I was able to open the box last night and overall I am very happy. Can't figure out why they didn't use the same material for the cloak that they used for Legolas or why they changed the boots. The hands are much better this time around so I think if you have the old figure like I do you can make a really good figure out of the two of them. Throw in pieces from the ACI one and depending on how you feel about the hair and headsculpt you could have a great top notch figure.

My one compliant is why are some things like the hands improved upon but other things like the boots a step back. The price for the slim Aragorn is real good in my opinion but if you combine the pricing for the old and the new to make one combo version the value goes way down. I still say overall this is a step forward and I give them high marks for going back and re-releasing him. Hopefully they will be up for upgrading other figures as time goes by and I would love for them to start including the rooted and sculpted hair in the base or deluxe releases so both fan bases can be satisfied.

My "Slim" Aragorn arrived yesterday, but not the extra haired head I ordered for my first version. Has anyone received just the haired head yet?

My "Slim" Aragorn arrived yesterday, but not the extra haired head I ordered for my first version. Has anyone received just the haired head yet?

I had the extra head and the slim version arrive in the same box. I almost missed to little box with the headsculpt in there though.

I had the extra head and the slim version arrive in the same box. I almost missed to little box with the headsculpt in there though.

Hmm, I'll have to check then; I haven't actually opened the shipper box yet, I just assumed it was a form-fitting box for the full figure only. I did order them seperately, though, so I wouldn't have expected them to ship together.

Hmm, I'll have to check then; I haven't actually opened the shipper box yet, I just assumed it was a form-fitting box for the full figure only. I did order them seperately, though, so I wouldn't have expected them to ship together.

I ordered mine separately too. Does it say Aragorn Slim on the box? If it does then that is the only thing in there. If it is a blank box they are probably both in there.

I ordered just the head and confirmed with Asmus a couple of weeks ago that they actually had an order for me, but nothing yet.

The hair needs futzing for sure. I pulled a few strands free to have them hanging in his face. Also cut a few shorter to fill in a bit at the top of the forehead. Overall I like it though. Full review on Exclucollective.com coming soon.
0f2e5851e71106d637803723a6e32e4c.jpg

The hair needs futzing for sure. I pulled a few strands free to have them hanging in his face. Also cut a few shorter to fill in a bit at the top of the forehead. Overall I like it though. Full review on Exclucollective.com coming soon.
0f2e5851e71106d637803723a6e32e4c.jpg

Looks awesome - can you post some front shots? Looking forward to the review as well

Back