Asmus Toys 1:6 - Saruman the White

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up a Sarumon today... love it!!! Pulled a little too hard on the staff and broke it but gorilla glue saved it!!!

IMG_1498.jpgIMG_1498.jpg

Thanks bub! Even the lady is impressed by the figure. She may consider allowing me to get the Mouth Of Sauron lol.

My saruman Slim ver. Just arrived today. I am happy to say that it is just as impeccable quality as the full version, just no palantir or pedestal (which I don't have room to display anyways). So for 130 bucks I think it is a heck of a deal!

Still looking to buy a previously displayed FULL version of Saruman (not Slim version), complete with Palantir from a US Seller. Haven't had any luck and it's been almost a year. :(

Finally bought the slim version directly from Asmus and he is missing his outer robes?!? I have sent two emails to Asmus and haven't heard anything back yet. How is their customer service?

I just opened up my Slim Version and am a little concerned about the colours. None of the soft components (robes or hair) are properly white - the hair is a sort of off-white, and the robes are tinted brown, with brown markings around some of the edges.

Is it intended to be like this (perhaps to show battle wear or similar), or have I got a faulty item?

IMG_1530.JPG

IMG_1531.JPG

IMG_1532.JPG

The pictures, frustratingly, show the colour much closer to white than they actually are.

I just opened up my Slim Version and am a little concerned about the colours. None of the soft components (robes or hair) are properly white - the hair is a sort of off-white, and the robes are tinted brown, with brown markings around some of the edges.

Is it intended to be like this (perhaps to show battle wear or similar), or have I got a faulty item?

View attachment 332617

The pictures, frustratingly, show the colour much closer to white than they actually are.

None of these were white in the movie...actually he should be more Saruman the Cream, see reference:

Many of us bathed the cloth with coffee and did other amenities trying to achieve that look (here's mine):
Inside his new square home:
saru8_zpseh5tso3w.jpg

It's intentional.

None of these were white in the movie...actually he should be more Saruman the Cream, see reference:

Many of us bathed the cloth with coffee and did other amenities trying to achieve that look (here's mine):
Thank you for the quick replies. I had hoped that was the case. I checked a few pictures online before posting (including in this thread) and a lot of them, including the official pictures of the toy, look like pure white whilst others look cream / beige, so I really wasn't sure.

Oh I agree, it's very well made. It's got a great sculpt, robes and accessories. If I were to get this I'd probably mod it to have either sculpted hair too or a rooted beard.

Wow, that's pretty sweet I don't know how I missed that! I think I know who my next figure purchase is going to be now. :lol (I'm a big sucker for light features.)

Back