Asmus Bilbo reveal!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As with Thorin, Bilbo is positively outstanding. I am SO pleased with this figure and absolutely love all his trinkets. In person, the hair isn't an issue at all, with nice layering and proportionality. I was prepared to really be bothered by it and I definitely am not. I maintain that a 3/4 view is the best way to capture the likeness, but regardless it's really solid. Asmus' progress is so palpable right now. If they continue this upward trend I really think they have a chance to step into the ring with the big dogs.
9c9e366bc5222d6738d079b33e663352.jpg
81e4915fd1c3b1a10c23e799ddebadb6.jpg
d6f08a3623ce9cbd5ad1bfb0a29b87ab.jpg

As with Thorin, Bilbo is positively outstanding. I am SO pleased with this figure and absolutely love all his trinkets. In person, the hair isn't an issue at all, with nice layering and proportionality. I was prepared to really be bothered by it and I definitely am not. I maintain that a 3/4 view is the best way to capture the likeness, but regardless it's really solid. Asmus' progress is so palpable right now. If they continue this upward trend I really think they have a chance to step into the ring with the big dogs.

Love the pose of Bilbo looking at the map - it reminds me of the DOS scene when Bilbo is by the Hidden Door, thinking!

I like Bilbo's hair just fine - for me as sculpted hair it's thick, tousled, curly - I prefer good rooted hair in general depending on character - but love this Bilbo.

For me this year ASMUS stepped into the ring big time.:clap:clap:clap
I feel like begging them to do Dwalin - just one more dwarf!!! Fili and Kili would be nice, too.:pray:

But Dwalin could be displayed w. Bilbo as well, bein' the first dwarf to arrive. ASMUS could make a Hobbit door diorama and offer w. Dwalin:cool::drool and a little Bilbo bathrobe as an accessory:drool

My son's figure came in today (FINALLY!). It is way better in-hand than the pics show. He's so thrilled, his first 1/6 figure. Really great job Asmus!!

My son's figure came in today (FINALLY!). It is way better in-hand than the pics show. He's so thrilled, his first 1/6 figure. Really great job Asmus!!

Happy for yah - that was a LONG wait. Tho hafta say it's better than some of HT's waits IMO - 2 years and more!:horror

And your son has a "lifetime fig" - Tolkien's Middle Earth:). IMO it's something to see movie Bilbo in miniature, with a beautiful miniature contract and book and pipe.

Forgot to post this here. Absolutely love posing this figure but couldn’t decide on one that shows all the great accessories. So I got some assistance from Gandalf...

B3C72005-1650-4D55-8BF6-B9C048E49F66.jpg

I'm not a great Tolkienian, but this likeness to Martin Freeman is wonderful and it seems to have a slight air of Hobbit whimsy about it . I may very well try to buy one for my dear mother, who can recite the scripts of all six films with frightening accuracy. The idea of using cotton-wool as tobacco smoke in inspired -- a private choice or something included with the figure?

I'm not a great Tolkienian, but this likeness to Martin Freeman is wonderful and it seems to have a slight air of Hobbit whimsy about it . I may very well try to buy one for my dear mother, who can recite the scripts of all six films with frightening accuracy. The idea of using cotton-wool as tobacco smoke in inspired -- a private choice or something included with the figure?
Your Mom sounds like a classy lady!

In regards to the smoke, that's my personal doing. I think it would be nigh impossible to mass produce it, simply because of how frail it is. All I do is take a small bit of cotton ball and pluck at it until a piece pulls away looking like the smoke plume I want. Then I thin it and shape it a bit before dropping it in the pipe. You'll have a lot of trial and error with it. I imagine if I'd spray it with a clear sealant I could maybe strengthen it, but once it's in place it won't move for a good while so I've not bothered.

Still really happy with him. Thorin will be here tomorrow, and I'm hoping Asmus makes Fili and Kili.
ae4243d8f180bd7895d91460a4a94055.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ditto - that's awesome!

Absolutely! Fantastic hairing job!

Geee... why cannot Asmus do just that?
Cman, did you hair that head yourself? Would you mind to share with us your trade secrets? :)
m.

^ Great pics! :clap Know I've already said it once, but I just love that rooted hair!! :love :rock

Thanks guys! I also moved the neck up a bit by popping it off then super gluing it to the ball joint instead of pushing it all the way down. The proportions are a bit annoying but that helped some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gosh...I just got the bilbo by Asmus. I own plenty of hot toys figures and this really is hot toys quality!

Very high quality and heavy for such a small figure.

I’m super impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back