Asmus Bilbo reveal!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
“And a very fine morning for a pipe of tobacco
out of doors, into the bargain. If you have a pipe about you, sit down and have a fill of mine! There’s no hurry, we have all the day before us!”

Then Bilbo sat down on a seat by his door,
crossed his legs, and blew out a beautiful grey
ring of smoke that sailed up into the air without breaking and floated away over The Hill.

The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien

View attachment 460629
View attachment 460631

He looks terrific!

Did you build the bench? It looks great. And the tiny leaves are a fabulous touch!

Seems no one has posted in this thread for months. However, I just procured Bilbo this week; I was initially scared away by photos wherein the face looked much stranger than it actually looks in-hand. A good sale at Amazon convinced me to go for it, and I am glad I did!

Despite the fact that this figure seems not to have captured the audience it deserves, I will join the party late and share photos from my first shoot with Bilbo.

I took him to a state park nearby, which seemed an appropriate setting for one of Tolkien's most beloved characters.

There are some things I would change about the figure, but all told he is quite stellar. Nice job, Asmus!

Fabulous shots. Especially the sunset.

Thanks! That might be my favorite, too. I cheated it a bit, adding some more clouds via PicMonkey and then saturating the colors.

It hasn't gotten much traction on Instagram; a ninja turtles photo that I like well enough but which strikes me as rather average has five times the likes. I have never been very good at predicting or understanding which of my photos will capture people's attention.

Seems no one has posted in this thread for months. However, I just procured Bilbo this week; I was initially scared away by photos wherein the face looked much stranger than it actually looks in-hand. A good sale at Amazon convinced me to go for it, and I am glad I did!

Despite the fact that this figure seems not to have captured the audience it deserves, I will join the party late and share photos from my first shoot with Bilbo.

I took him to a state park nearby, which seemed an appropriate setting for one of Tolkien's most beloved characters.

There are some things I would change about the figure, but all told he is quite stellar. Nice job, Asmus!

In spite of the great photographic work... I keep thinking the head is way too big, even if hair was replaced and rooted. It should be at least 10% smaller.
Otherwise, utterly great set, Asmus!
m.

Bilbo2.jpgBilbo.jpgBilbo1.jpgGot Bilbo and got a few shots with him.

Congrats on the outdoor images from all - just beautiful!:clap

Been thinkin' that while ASMUS didn't predict it, they may have been ahead of the curve 'coz I think the Amazon series will bring Middle Earth hype:panic: - and I'll be REALLY glad for my beautiful stash of figs! Reading about it, Amazon is throwing its considerable weight behind the series.

I remember when the Hobbit movie was coming out and folks going bezerk etc. Now it's part of my Christmas tradition to marathon the Hobbit movies around that time. In any case luv my 2 Bilbos and all of my ASMUS figs.:love

Now, if we can get ASMUS to do a hobbit door diorama????? With the mailbox and bench.....:monkey3:pray::drool

Gorgeous shots, matmurdock. I especially like the one with the leafy backdrop.

Holy crap - $73 for Bilbo on Amazon.

Sheesh, I thought the $130 or so that I paid was a steal!

I'm kinda bummed he's so cheap, honestly, 'cause I've gotten him out of my system after a couple shoots and I want to focus my creative energies on Hot Toys Luke Skywalker, Mezco Popeye and NECA Henson TMNT, but if I try to sell or trade Bilbo now, as I had planned to, I can't expect to get much in return.

Holy crap - $73 for Bilbo on Amazon. If you don't have him yet you HAVE to get him for that.

This is an insanely good deal. I'm seriously wondering if I need a second one. (I don't, but that number is luring me ...)

This is a nifty little figure with a pretty great likeness, in my opinion. The only drawback to the figure -- and it is a tiny one -- is that he doesn't come with a walking stick. But sticks are easy to find and mine looks terrific with his.

If you were on the fence before, let this price push you off. Grab this figure.

This is an insanely good deal. I'm seriously wondering if I need a second one. (I don't, but that number is luring me ...)

This is a nifty little figure with a pretty great likeness, in my opinion. The only drawback to the figure -- and it is a tiny one -- is that he doesn't come with a walking stick. But sticks are easy to find and mine looks terrific with his.

If you were on the fence before, let this price push you off. Grab this figure.

Weeelll - unbelievably OMG Amazon has Thranduil at about retail, and the Bilbo deal...and I went for both.:devil

Both for different displays - like being able to display Bilbo without his coat (too good a deal) - and just luv that Thranduil.

Even if ASMUS *possibly* is gonna do a new version of Thranduil at some point.:dunno (All that stuff with the different heads was wild!)

Assuming this new Thranduil has the original head:wacky and the "experimental test version" didn't sneak into production again. Anyway, couldn't believe it when long-sold-out Thranduil popped up!

Back