Asmus Bilbo reveal!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For $73, I couldn’t resist buying a second Bilbo!
Price has increased to $111 now, though.

Gorgeous shots, matmurdock. I especially like the one with the leafy backdrop.

Sheesh, I thought the $130 or so that I paid was a steal!

I'm kinda bummed he's so cheap, honestly, 'cause I've gotten him out of my system after a couple shoots and I want to focus my creative energies on Hot Toys Luke Skywalker, Mezco Popeye and NECA Henson TMNT, but if I try to sell or trade Bilbo now, as I had planned to, I can't expect to get much in return.

Thank you! Those leafy plants were picked up for a Mirkwood type setting in the backyard. And your shots are just outstanding!

Yeah $73 is too good to pass up.

Noticed that today that the $73 is for Amazon warehouse; e.g. new with damaged packaging. $111 for new. Yesterday it was just the one price.

*Shrug* I'll see what I end up with, if Amazon made a mistake e.g. damaged packaging or other. Since this is planned for a display or kitbash anyway, not *radical* about my boxes so much. I do (so far) take some reasonable care, but sometimes I think about recycling most of them - taking off good artwork and recycle the rest. Not yet tho!

IMO this is gonna be like Bard, maybe, grabbed him from SSC for $100 and now he costs $$$$:horror. Glad I have my excellent stash of this amazing release to play with!:cool:

Edit: So, I got another perfect Bilbo in, looking forward to being able to display this character with coat, without coat, etc. thanx Amazon!

Rehaired Bilbo today. I begin to feel comfortable with the technique, I'm quite happy with the result. One more time, thanks to Cman for inspiring me.
:)

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

Rehaired Bilbo today. I begin to feel comfortable with the technique, I'm quite happy with the result. One more time, thanks to Cman for inspiring me.

Oh, wow. AWESOME. Feel inspired too - I'm fine with Bilbo as is, but that's a definite step up. Luv ur poses too, they bring the figs alive.:clap:clap:clap

Thanks !! :D
The bases I got them on Toysanxiety.com, I don't remember which figure they belonged to. :)

Thanks !! :D
The bases I got them on Toysanxiety.com, I don't remember which figure they belonged to. :)

I recognize 'em - got the same from Monkey Depot a while back. They're from Phicen figures - Huntress and Silver Huntress, I think.

Absolutely great bases w. great detail and paint. Phicen does great accessories and bases.

Found this working whiskey barrel, yes it will hold whiskey and pour it, at the grocery store this weekend. It seemed like a good idea to bring it home with me and put it to some use.
Bilbo6.jpg

I know this is an old post, but it?s inspired me to attempt it.
Do you remember/have any pictures of the sculpt without the molded hair? Just wondering if it will need any filler/putty etc to smooth it out.

View attachment 470732

View attachment 470733

View attachment 470734

View attachment 470736

View attachment 470737

I know this is an old post, but it?s inspired me to attempt it.
Do you remember/have any pictures of the sculpt without the molded hair? Just wondering if it will need any filler/putty etc to smooth it out.

Hello, yes it will take some filler. I don't have more early pictures than these ones. Hope it helps.

IMG_4437.JPG

IMG_4438.JPG

Back