Asmus - 1/6 Gollum/Smeagol

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me seeing these discoloration photos while having a months-old Sideshow pre-order of Smeagol, still waiting for him to be shipped...

Jim Carrey Reaction GIF
BBTS just shipped mine. Looks like I am rolling the dice on him.

I wonder if a light repaint would protect the light-sensitive plastic?

I didn't buy this figure, became tempted when I saw the new heads, but thankfully there's no more deluxe. Needless to say, I will not be buying this figure now no matter what.

I think, as I've said many times, Asmus would be better served producing Orcs and Goblins and army building bad guys. This way Asmus could stash some cash and spend more on development to make better secondary characters to compliment InArt.

Im surprised they don't test these materials before putting them on a product and selling them to hundreds of people.
Been trying to tell people the truth about this company for quite a while..
Now I don't have to say anything, the truth reveal itself.

Still hoping they will try to do the right thing: being responsible to the buyers.

I think by now, a newly developed (with all issues fixed) free replacement body from @Asmus is a must for those affected.

I didn't buy this figure, became tempted when I saw the new heads, but thankfully there's no more deluxe. Needless to say, I will not be buying this figure now no matter what.

I think, as I've said many times, Asmus would be better served producing Orcs and Goblins and army building bad guys. This way Asmus could stash some cash and spend more on development to make better secondary characters to compliment InArt.
Agree.
However, some Uruk, and bad guys like Azog is armorless/the skin exposed. Still risky.
They have to make sure the materials will last long, and just.. no more issues with the figures, please.

some Uruk, and bad guys like Azog is armorless/the skin exposed. Still risky.

That's true, forgot about him and others.

I doubt now that I'd trust a "unique body" developed by Asmus for Uruks/Orcs. Although, if the character is supposed to be gray anyway, then the discoloration actually works in Asmus favor. They could leave the bodies out like meat to discolor before shipping. :lol

That's true, forgot about him and others.

I doubt now that I'd trust a "unique body" developed by Asmus for Uruks/Orcs. Although, if the character is supposed to be gray anyway, then the discoloration actually works in Asmus favor. They could leave the bodies out like meat to discolor before shipping. :lol
LOL!
Yeah, personally I have stopped POing asmus products after the disappointment about Arwen, so just like you, I didn't trust them. And I'm glad I did!
Aside from the exposed body, they also need to make sure about accuracy even on the armored characters. Their latest Nazgul doesn't have long enough sleeves, and that thing bothers me.

I have to say though, their other product, the samurai school girl, is looking pretty good.

I am not going to get rid of any figure. There are figures from this line that I like more, others less, and to be honest I would buy even Odo Proudfoot or orc number 87 if they offer it. I would genuinely like Asmus to fix whatever problems they have and come back to offering figures as good as Gandalf the White. Of course there is Inart, but I don't think they offer figures like Theoden or Gil Galad, for example, that I would love to have in my collection and make dioramas with them.
Me neither, and I hope ASMUS will fix with some sort of replacements. This reminds me of the HT Iron Man "pink panties" issue from way back eg. unstable dyes.

So, I got my Gollum today. The bent legs are not holding pegs inside, I will try heating them later. Colorwise mine looks good. But, I just can't keep his eyes straight. Every time I put the head on the body one eye goes down. As far as I can see eye sticks are too long. So, does it mean that the only solution is to cut them shorter?
I remember seeing some of you take out some white part out of his head, but too afraid to break something. :) But it actually may be safer than cutting.

It looks decent in hands, but having so much pain right out of the box is a bit discouraging. Usually, the figure does not need so many mods just to work properly out of the box (did not have that experience with previous Asmus figures).

Got the bonus LotR cap for him, but it would better be Gandalf's hat. Well, everything went wrong with these additional hats and figures. :)

Back