Asmus - 1/6 Gollum/Smeagol

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Asmus customer service answered my question about the GtG hat. I guess me waiting for it to be included with Gollum was a joke on my Part. I IN FACT would have had to order the Bilbo. Even though @Asmus Rep here swore we wouldn't be forced to buy anything on order to get the upgrade. The excuse is laughable I might add. Who the hell wants a baseball hat? Maybe they could of put those resources into making the appropriate amount of GtG upgrade hats? Theres a thought.
Doesn't really surprise me though. I had a itching feeling this was going to be the bs they pulled. Oh well. InArts GtG will come with a much better hat so. Whatever.
Screenshot_20230315-212356_Yahoo Mail.jpg
Screenshot_20230315-212404_Yahoo Mail.jpg
Screenshot_20230315-212415_Yahoo Mail.jpg
Screenshot_20230315-211220_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230316_072307.jpg

So yeah, the GtG upgrade hats were IN FACT only available to those that ordered Bilbo. So they went back on what they promised dedicated customers. Not surprising. So if you wanted a hat you in FACT would had to be forced fo purchase another item you didn't want to get it. Ridiculous.

So yeah, the GtG upgrade hats were IN FACT only available to those that ordered Bilbo. So they went back on what they promised dedicated customers. Not surprising. So if you wanted a hat you in FACT would had to be forced fo purchase another item you didn't want to get it. Ridiculous.
That's disappointing. I also thought that everyone who purchased GTG could just buy the hat direct from the ASMUS store?

That's not entirely correct - my partner bought me Galadriel direct from Asmus a few months back and the replacement GtG hat was packed in with her. Which was unexpected but welcome. And also bizarre how they've chosen to handle it. But it's not a fact that they were only with Bilbo.

IMG_20230317_072044.jpg

That's not entirely correct - my partner bought me Galadriel direct from Asmus a few months back and the replacement GtG hat was packed in with her. Which was unexpected but welcome. And also bizarre how they've chosen to handle it. But it's not a fact that they were only with Bilbo.

View attachment 628404
Crazy so Asmus Customer Service doesn't even know wtf they are talking about. Go figure. 😆

Asmus has a poll on their instagram about favorite Gollum/Smeagol expressions. Whichever one wins, they will be producing.

Dang. I'm not on Instagram. How many are they putting up as options? And they're saying they'll only be making one?

(I wonder if they'll address any of the issues, like hair color, the boxy seam, the eye stem length, or the piece inside that restricts eye movement.)

Back