Ash Vs Evil Dead (TV Series w/ Bruce)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree that this version of Ash feels like a caricature than the 'real thing.' Kinda glad they go rid of that one character - did nothing for me. And Lucy Lawless has been pointless so far......while I like the two sidekicks, they are just 'ok'

Show need works for season 2.

I rather enjoyed this episode a fair bit. It was even better than last weeks. I hope they can see where they went wrong with the writing AND directors for season 2 so we can get a consistently awesome experience.

I honestly don't have a clue what they can even do with the show after they're done with the Cabin.

First 3 episodes were absolutely fantastic. Right up to and after the book store demon. From there until they reached the cabin (4,5,6,7/the ranch,diner, and bunker) it was pretty awful. Black cop is up there as one of the most unneeded characters of all time and her space could have been used to focus more on Pablo and Kelly. The last two at the cabin have been pretty decent though and the finale next week looks like it's going to be some proper Evil Dead insanity.

Finally have been able to catch up on this show after getting Starz through Amazon Prime. I'm really kind of surprised by all the negativity around it. I've enjoyed it quite a bit. I did think the two Brujo episodes dragged a little bit, but otherwise, it's been a non stop combination of gore and laughs. And it seems a little darker in tone than "Army of Darkness" and closer to "Evil Dead 2." Really, that's all I wanted out of an "Evil Dead" tv show.

Finally have been able to catch up on this show after getting Starz through Amazon Prime. I'm really kind of surprised by all the negativity around it. I've enjoyed it quite a bit. I did think the two Brujo episodes dragged a little bit, but otherwise, it's been a non stop combination of gore and laughs. And it seems a little darker in tone than "Army of Darkness" and closer to "Evil Dead 2." Really, that's all I wanted out of an "Evil Dead" tv show.
That is where the show dipped a bit, but will say I've very much enjoyed the last two episodes....

Finally caught up. I didn't think it dropped in quality and I'm greatly enjoying it. I've always thought the movies were crap. Funny, charming, crap. So I don't take this too seriously. It's got everything they had, and it's better quality than them, IMO.

I actually watched the finale this morning. I went on Starz Play to see what was on, and, much to my surprise, there it was, front and center. It's difficult to tell whether it was "satisfying" or not, as they had to keep it open for another season, but I don't think it was a bad episode, by any means.

I keep hearing this is good, never been a fan of the old movies, seen them but I don't quite appreciate them as the cult following does.

Kinda liked the remake though, because Jane Levy :drool

Last 3 episodes were very good. I think this show would be better if watch in a marathon type viewing. I would say 4-5 eps were really good, 3 were ok, 2 bad....but will watch season 2!

I keep hearing this is good, never been a fan of the old movies, seen them but I don't quite appreciate them as the cult following does.

Don't waste your time on this show then.
If anything, it feels like Sam & Co got tired of saying "maybe later" and decided to quickly make something just to shut all the obsessive fans up. An "Ok, ok! Here's your treat, now eat it up" thing, nothing more.

Don't waste your time on this show then.
If anything, it feels like Sam & Co got tired of saying "maybe later" and decided to quickly make something just to shut all the obsessive fans up. An "Ok, ok! Here's your treat, now eat it up" thing, nothing more.

So his is the TFA of Evil Dead huh? :lol

Nah, at least TFA has solid cinematography and good actors. :lol
But yeah, it's another nostalgia fest with pointless young characters for young audience.

Yeah that's true, at least it's got the eye candy going on, but yeah, that modern storytelling makes me second guess it a lot, no point in getting into this then, since I'm not a fan anyway.

Will probably check it out eventually if I ever run out of things to watch :lol

Back