Artoo custom works

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just found this thread.
That dust buster dirt devil speeder is very cool.
The inspired become the inspiration:)
Gunna go smash up some appliances now:)

Thought I'd try to spike up his hair a bit with more sculpey. Boiled it for 6 minutes but it became brittle and broke very easily. Back to the drawing board.
Used my Magic-Sculpt to make some spikes and will do the detail carving in the morning once fully cured. Hopefully I'll have him all complete by the end of the week! :impatient:

Great progress on the sculpt Artoo! I really like the hair additions and the smoothing out you did the the face swelling, excellent work.

Thanks menlo. I just finished sculpting and carving the hair with Magic-Sculpt (though slightly cartoony), and gave a quick sloppy coat of white to see how it looked. I still have some finessing with the hair, then final coats of paint and bruising around the eye. Hopefully I'll be done very soon!

Thanks menlo. I just finished sculpting and carving the hair with Magic-Sculpt (though slightly cartoony), and gave a quick sloppy coat of white to see how it looked. I still have some finessing with the hair, then final coats of paint and bruising around the eye. Hopefully I'll be done very soon!

:clap:clap:clap Looking good sir!

Thanks guys. Doesn't look like I'll have the time to complete the head like I thought I would. :(
Time to shelf him again for a month or two. Damn real world always getting in the way! :gah:

Magnus, hopefully getting around to that second penguin very shortly. :panic:
Mookeylama, thanks man, that GOW pistol should do you good. It's always fun to chop apart some cheap weapons too and create your own.

I was just going through some old pics and I don't think I ever posted this on here. I added sweat stains onto my Rainman Narrator.

Jackb.jpg

Jacke.jpg

Finally got back into my FC figures. Still a long way to go, but worthy of throwing up some pics.
Rainman coat and boxers, Hasbro legs modified to fit HT Slim.

Thanks guys. Doesn't look like I'll have the time to complete the head like I thought I would. :(
Time to shelf him again for a month or two. Damn real world always getting in the way! :gah:

I love your fight club customs. Can't wait to see them finished! How'd you crest sweat effect? You made the file folders yourself? Can u explain how or make some for me? Finally what coat is that in the above pics?

I love your fight club customs. Can't wait to see them finished! How'd you crest sweat effect? You made the file folders yourself? Can u explain how or make some for me? Finally what coat is that in the above pics?

Thanks Wake!
Sweat effects were fairly easy, let's see if my explanation makes sense.
I first took some grey fabric (old Tshirt) as close in color to the original. Then I wet the material with water. Fabric color obviously goes darker where it's wet, so I mixed up some acrylic paint as close to color match as possible. Then I carefully wet the area on the actual shirt that I wanted to show sweat, and where it was wet I applied the mixed paint with a brush and gently massaged into the wet area. When the shirt dried it still kept the same color it did when it was wet.
I want to play around with mixing gloss medium or something to make it appear to have a shiny "wet" look without making it stiff.

Folders were very easy. I have green business folders (for my business) so I simply converted 1:1 to 1:6 scale and cut the folders to size. I printed up some labels based on what I saw in the film and glued them on. Weather with sandpaper and paint and there ya go, easy peasy! :wink1:

The above Narrators coat is from my Rainman version. I'm looking for another good stock version out there and see some that are close.

Finally came back around to working on Jack's slippers. First attempt at trying to paint the stripes, but still needs work (so damn tiny!). :banghead
Slipper are made from Magic-Sculpt.

Slippers look awesome! I need a pair!!! LOL I found some really good fabrics for jack's robe... trade?! :)

OK guys, I think I'm done with the penguin. Can anyone see something that I'm missing out on or should change? I really don't want to touch it anymore, but if there's something obvious I'm overlooking.....

Back