Arrested Development

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Her?

@ Deckard, I think the further you go into the series, the less concerning the runtime is. It really wasn't until the Tobias episode that got me feeling like I was watching Arrested Development. It felt a tad awkward at first. Yes, I laughed at many things in those first few episodes, but it all comes together by Tobias' episode and onward.

I'm also agreeing with Celtic regarding the Michael vs George Michael debate. I like Michael better as a character but he is wrong to be doing what he is doing.

He was wrong, but so was George Michael, and I just can't shake this feeling that the latter was wronger.

You can't shake it because you're biased.

Every character, aside from Maeby and Michael grew up, and developed. Where's they regressed, and got worse and worse.

You're still forgetting that George Michael is 22 years old. Stop forgetting that. George Michael doesn't have to please his father any more. He's got his own life to live. His father has no say from here on out.

And yet, he insists on controlling him because he has nothing left.

Yes, Michael was the one who kept the family together, and in contrast to the family, he's less of a weirdo *******. But he has his moments. Such as asking Tobias and Lindsey to sneak into the blind(lying) Lawyer
's house for a pee sample.

Michael's not a bad guy. But he's not a good guy either. George Michael was, until he tapped into his inner Bluth. But he didn't do anything wrong.

I'm not sure how freely we should discuss this yet.

Spoiler Spoiler:

In the form of the movie is their hope. It took forever to get more episodes. I hope a movie can come together sooner rather later. They obviously have a direction in mind if they left so many unresolved plot threads.

Apparently the Netflix stock took a dip after A.D. premeired and it was blamed on mixed reviews but ratings are saying otherwise as this is pulling down twice the viewers of their other original House of Cards starring Kevin Spacey.

They outta get on that movie pronto, George and Lucille aren't getting any younger, unless you count Seth Rogen.

That's not true, everyone I know is giving it mixed reviews including me. :lol

I love it, I'm thrilled it's back, cherishing it really, but it's also very differant and thats quite jarring at first. Every episode so far has also started very slow and had a build back to the original feel and the thing that really made it unique is gone(jokes per minute), and while it's still top flight, the writing feels more typical and even just a little lazy compared to the original.

I completely understand why this is, the old show had to pack 10 Bluth stories into 25 minutes and so you had 10 differant plot threads going at a time and that could provide indivual laughs for each character plus combined laughs of mixing and intertwining stories. Now the focus is singular for the most part and so it feels more serious as I said, until more and more family is worked into it and it begins to all get crazy again.

I'm not rushing, I waited a long time and I'm really enjoying it. Watching an episode or two a day and then taking the time to think about it.

There have been alot of moments that feel perfect and like the original that I already put up there with some of the best moments. But it's still hard to shake the feeling it could have been better if they stuck to the old format.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I think I'm gonna throw numbers 1 - 15 in a hat and watch them in the order that I pull them out

I'm actually looking forward to watching it again in a different order

unless of course I happen to pull out the numbers in chronological order, then I'll just put them back in the hat and start over

and for the record, I thought Michael became an *** this season, although I seem to remember him having his moments previously

You can't shake it because you're biased.

Every character, aside from Maeby and Michael grew up, and developed. Where's they regressed, and got worse and worse.

You're still forgetting that George Michael is 22 years old. Stop forgetting that. George Michael doesn't have to please his father any more. He's got his own life to live. His father has no say from here on out.

And yet, he insists on controlling him because he has nothing left.

Yes, Michael was the one who kept the family together, and in contrast to the family, he's less of a weirdo *******. But he has his moments. Such as asking Tobias and Lindsey to sneak into the blind(lying) Lawyer
's house for a pee sample.

Michael's not a bad guy. But he's not a good guy either. George Michael was, until he tapped into his inner Bluth. But he didn't do anything wrong.

I guess I just don't see it that way. Yeah, Michael was imposing on George Michael's life, but I also think that, just as I'm forgetting George Michael's 22, you're forgetting that Michael's been a single father for over a decade. I don't think he was imposing and controlling just to be a ****, I think it was just a matter of him not wanting to let go of what he considered his responsibilities. Michael didn't exactly have the best parents, and I think he just had it in his head that, if he went in a different direction than they did, he'd be doing a better job, even though, by doing so, he went to the extreme on the other end of the spectrum, which is just as bad in a different way.

As far as his behavior towards the rest of the family, I think he just got tired of all of their ****.

I'm not rushing, I waited a long time and I'm really enjoying it. Watching an episode or two a day and then taking the time to think about it.

There have been alot of moments that feel perfect and like the original that I already put up there with some of the best moments. But it's still hard to shake the feeling it could have been better if they stuck to the old format.

Don't judge it until it's over. It's a really great and interesting piece of TV.

The first episodes immediately get funnier, and more interesting.

I guess I just don't see it that way. Yeah, Michael was imposing on George Michael's life, but I also think that, just as I'm forgetting George Michael's 22, you're forgetting that Michael's been a single father for over a decade. I don't think he was imposing and controlling just to be a ****, I think it was just a matter of him not wanting to let go of what he considered his responsibilities. Michael didn't exactly have the best parents, and I think he just had it in his head that, if he went in a different direction than they did, he'd be doing a better job, even though, by doing so, he went to the extreme on the other end of the spectrum, which is just as bad in a different way.

As far as his behavior towards the rest of the family, I think he just got tired of all of their ****.

I didn't forget anything. He's just lonely, and an overall sad person. He can't exist without controlling someone else's life. That's his fatal flaw. And that's what he needs to learn after this whole mess.

I didn't forget anything. He's just lonely, and an overall sad person. He can't exist without controlling someone else's life. That's his fatal flaw. And that's what he needs to learn after this whole mess.

I hope he does, but, to be fair, it's not exactly his fault. Being in control has always been expected of him, and you can't shake things that are engrained in your being easily. On a different note, though, I still don't get why George Michael punched him. Is it because he came back to see Rebel after he found the photos?

That, plus everything else he's done. There's nothing normal about living with your son in his dorm. Not a single thing.

I don't think I'm the only one who's biased. I'm actually opening up a little bit toward George Michael, but you seem to be letting your "anti-Michael" feelings get the best of you.

Why do you have to be biased anyway? I don't hate any character in this show. But it was clear what they were doing.

Michael was the hero in the other seasons, but slowly became the villain once everyone went their own way.

Every character ended up better off without him. Aside from the 1 or two that didn't.

Back