Arnold or Stallone ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who do you like best ?

• Arnold

Votes: 87 73.1%
  • Stallone

Votes: 32 26.9%

• Total voters
Arnold was chosen to have an acting career so the people would love this foreign, egotistical ,Steroid Nazi and then someday elect this dictator..as President of the U.S.......Married into the Kennedy (one of the 13) Bloodline, He is being prepped (chosen by the Elite) to possibly soon run for president in 2012...

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

teemu you are one funny son of a gun! Don't ever change dude! :rock

As for me, it's a hard choice but I gotta go with Arnold. Even though I'll be under his steroid nazi regime in 2012 he's still my #1 80's action hero.

Arnold wins with Kindergarten Cop and Twins.

Credibility shot.

Not saying sly's crappy movies are any better but really. Those movies were like half a second funny ONCE when i was 14.

:peace

And Sly wins JUST because of Rocky and Rambo

I enjoy both guys and it's really a matter of opinion cause nobody can be wrong. But if were gonna talk better actor strictly then it's a no brainer who wins.

Gotta agree with Krayt on that. Strictly as an actor Sly's the winner for me. He's a good actor and Rocky is just a fantastic film.

Thats the same as saying Take away Terminator and Conan Arnold is below Van Damme.The other movies you summed up is some very cheesy movies with terrible acting by Ahnold,Predator was ok though,Ahnold didnt have to open his mouth too often :lol

What I meant was that aside from those two films (the sequels don't count because they're only enjoy as campy guilty pleasures), Sly is a direct to video star. He doesn't have the charisma to get him past that. Take away Conan and Terminator and Arnold still has Predator, Commando, Running Man, and Total Recall. Sly has what...Cobra and Tango & Cash...and let's not forget Get Carter. ;) He did do some decent work in Copland and Cliffhanger is a solid film. I'll give him that. The great thing about Arnold was that he wasn't afraid to make fun of himself both on and off-screen. He had fun with his roles, whereas Sly seems so serious, even in exploitative garbage like Rambo.

Arnold never gets enough credit for being a decent actor. Is he Laurence Olivier? No. Is he playing Shakespeare though? No. He's great at doing what he does and he has more screen presence than just about any major action star now or then.

Also, Arnold's films were just better. Rocky and First Blood were well made films of depth and power, but Terminator, Predator, Conan, T2, Total Recall, True Lies...these are films that are made by directors that have a handle of the material and a professionalism that you just don't find in the majority of Sly's films. Probably because Sly directs most of his films and he's a pretty hackneyed director.

Credibility shot.

Not saying sly's crappy movies are any better but really. Those movies were like half a second funny ONCE when i was 14.

Notice that I compared them to Sly's comedies, which mostly consists of Stop or My Mom Will Shoot. Now...which movies, if given a choice between the three, would you watch? ;)

Also, Twins and K-Cop are good films. I didn't know this was ever in dispute.

I'd say First Blood is ever bit as good as Terminator, Predator or Conan.

I like First Blood a lot, especially the last scene where John breaks down, but I'd be lying if I said that I thought it was better than any of the three films you just listed. ;)

Didn't say it was better, just that it is as good as the other listed. I would rank those 4 films:

Terminator
Conan TB
First Blood
Predator

What I meant was that aside from those two films (the sequels don't count because they're only enjoy as campy guilty pleasures), Sly is a direct to video star. He doesn't have the charisma to get him past that. Take away Conan and Terminator and Arnold still has Predator, Commando, Running Man, and Total Recall. Sly has what...Cobra and Tango & Cash...and let's not forget Get Carter. ;) He did do some decent work in Copland and Cliffhanger is a solid film. I'll give him that. The great thing about Arnold was that he wasn't afraid to make fun of himself both on and off-screen. He had fun with his roles, whereas Sly seems so serious, even in exploitative garbage like Rambo.

Arnold never gets enough credit for being a decent actor. Is he Laurence Olivier? No. Is he playing Shakespeare though? No. He's great at doing what he does and he has more screen presence than just about any major action star now or then.

Also, Arnold's films were just better. Rocky and First Blood were well made films of depth and power, but Terminator, Predator, Conan, T2, Total Recall, True Lies...these are films that are made by directors that have a handle of the material and a professionalism that you just don't find in the majority of Sly's films. Probably because Sly directs most of his films and he's a pretty hackneyed director.

Well,i think we both can agree that both are huge action stars from the 80s,you and i can go on forever trying to prove the opposite of what we are saying:lol
You think Arnie`s movies are better,i think the opposite,Besides Terminator and Conan i think all of his movies have terrible acting from his part,even if i liked Predator too.Arnold have the charisma,while Sly is the better actor IMO.Sly`s movies like Cliffhanger,Tango and Cash,Daylight,Demolition Man,Over The Top proves that Sly is the overall better actor than Ahnold,i take him more seriously than Ahnold when i watch a Sly movie.

Comedy isnt Sly`s thing,i agree with you there though...

My point...Both did good during the 80s-90s,Ahnold have the charisma to lift him up in Hollywood,while Sly actually have acting skills.

Direct to video star?

Box Office results:

Arnold: $1,638,128,559

Stallone: $1,694,963,145

:rolleyes:

Academy Awards (nothing else matters):

Arnold: sweet ^^^^ all!

Stallone: 2 One for best Actor and the other Screenwriter

Screenplays and Directing:

Arnold: sweet ^^^^ all!

Stallone: 23 Screenplays (that all became motion pictures) 10 Times as a Director of films that all made it to theatres.

Oh and one more thing Arnold abandoned his fans to become a sell out politician while Sly still entertains his fans and keeps a healthy appearance.

Oh and one more thing Arnold abandoned his fans to become a sell out politician while Sly still entertains his fans and keeps a healthy appearance.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

exactly!.... accept Arnold would love to throw you in a Concentration Camp

Back