Arnie Kim's next project?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SideshoMel

Super Freak
Reaction score
Now that he finished a bang-up job with his first assignment on Hot Toys Christopher Reeves Superman. What's his next project? I know he's the king when it comes to sculpting Bruce Lee figures but is he planning on doing another asian character?

Hot_Toys_Superman_The_Movie_01.jpg

Now that he finished a bang-up job with his first assignment on Hot Toys Christopher Reeves Superman. What's his next project? I know he's the king when it comes to sculpting Bruce Lee figures but is he planning on doing another asian character?

I like how you conveniently left out his REAL first job, the bang-up failure that was Indiana Jones.

:rolleyes2

:lecture

Big bowl of out of his league.

I think the PERS caught him out. I recall some mention that Superman was going to get the PERS treatment as a DX except Arnie couldn't get it to work with the sculpt. I know this doesn't explain away the terrible jaw, but I think Indy would've been a lot better without PERS.

Maybe a case of not having the R&D time to get used to the impact of the PERS manufacturing process on the end result? Similar problem with the WoD sculpt, which ended up pretty bug-eyed and not at all what Arnie was aiming for.

Anyway, I think Arnie's next project will be an Iron Man or Batman figure. Maybe Mk 1 3.0, or Joker DX 5.0.

I like how you conveniently left out his REAL first job, the bang-up failure that was Indiana Jones.

:rolleyes2

My mistake, I stand corrected, that doomed fiasco was his?!!! Why the heck did Hot Toys even offer him a DX project? I owned that disappointing wannabe Indiana at one time and almost gave up on getting any more DX figures until I got DX Jack Sparrow. At least he redeemed himself with Superman. Since those Enterbay Bruce Lees are a bit hard to come by these days, maybe he could just do another Bruce but better. I'd like to own a Fist of Fury, Chinese Connection or Game of Death at a cheaper price.

Arnie Kim has sculpted the new Hot Toys USO Cap:

review_capaction2_3.jpg

He really nailed the likeness, right down to Evans's walleye. :yess:

Back