Statue Arkham City Batman DC Collectibles Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah those lips are really weird. And why is Batman so much larger than somone like Nightwing? The height difference seems a bit too drastic to me.

Yeah those lips are really weird. And why is Batman so much larger than somone like Nightwing? The height difference seems a bit too drastic to me.

Nightwings a smallish dude. He's only 5'10". Bats clocks in at 6'2" so Nightwing should look smaller next to him. He's 4 inches shorter. Also, Nightwing's left leg is bent more than Batman's. The pose adds to the height discrepancy. That's pretty significant. I personally have no issue with the size difference. However, I must agree that the lips are a bit weird. Not a deal breaker for me but they definitely look off.

It seems I got lucky with my statue; the 'ear' is mostly fine (though it gets thicker around the top), and the batarang isn't bent. The only two things that bother me about the statue are the lips and the chest area, which looks a little off.

IBxAb19.jpg

All the statues so far:

sONZUSD.jpg

Batman is definitely the heaviest of the bunch.

Thanks for the pics Alvin. The are very clear and it's nice to see Bats in relation to the other pieces in the AC lineup.

I'm not a fan of these statues at all however nice shot mate :)

Its a nice shot but I think I'm starting to lose interest in this line. Something about them looks off. The poses look kind of awkward displayed side by side and the colours aren't pulling them together as well as they should, it lacks unity

I think they're great, and look fantastic together. Can't wait to get Riddler. Love this line, and this interpretation of the characters is my favorite. I love that we're getting an affordable line where we'll finally get all of the Bat characters to display together.

I think they're great, and look fantastic together. Can't wait to get Riddler. Love this line, and this interpretation of the characters is my favorite. I love that we're getting an affordable line where we'll finally get all of the Bat characters to display together.

I'm with you on this buddy! Can't wait to get the rest of the line! Hoping we get Hush and Mr. Freeze. I wonder if they're going to release a photo of finished Catwoman...

Its a nice shot but I think I'm starting to lose interest in this line. Something about them looks off. The poses look kind of awkward displayed side by side and the colours aren't pulling them together as well as they should, it lacks unity

:exactly: Especially Bats and NW.

Joker and Harley have turned out to be the Best, imo. Guess I'll just buy them two and be done with this line.

:exactly: Especially Bats and NW.

Joker and Harley have turned out to be the Best, imo. Guess I'll just buy them two and be done with this line.

RIGHT? Took strength to admit it but glad to know I'm not the only one thinking it.

I totally get the appeal of the line - to have the Arkham universe all in one shot- and for that I hope they pull through. But right NOW, there execution is weak. They need to map out the way these will interact with each other, both colour scheme AND character gesture wise and right now I'm not seeing it.

The problem here is that the primary colors clashed too much when Putting all 4 together...maybe putting just the joker and Harley together and bats and night wing together will lessen some of its effects

That said...I feel that there is something off abt the batman...maybe it's the lips...the weird shade of red on his gauntlets...saw it at my LCS and it just wasn't appealing to me

DCC11704.jpg

Liking this pose better - less awkward. Let's hope they put more effort and not F up the colour

Sorry, I was meaning what line is it going to be in? Is it part of this line? It didn't mention anything about it in the details listed.

Sorry, I was meaning what line is it going to be in? Is it part of this line? It didn't mention anything about it in the details listed.

I would imagine that it would be. This is the only line it really fits in. I don't think this is a B&W piece but I'm not sure. Also, AC Catwoman was debuted in the same manner. No finished prototype but a digital rendering just like this piece.

So, I just received my AC Bats today and I must say it is an impressive piece. I love how heavy this guy is. It feels very solid. Paint apps on mine were stellar. Nothing bleeding or running over. I have zero complaints with this piece. I do agree that his lips could have been a lighter shade of grey and more natural looking but it isn't a deal breaker for me. Overall, I'm very happy with this piece and can't wait to add Catwoman to the line up.

Can't wait to get mine! I'm not sure why everyone isn't liking Bats much, I think he turned out fantastic!

Back