Statue ARH Studios Announces New Conan the Barbarian License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any thoughts about going mixed media (premium format) style?

Conan is one of the easier characters to do that since it basically only means loin cloth or pants lol ...but it can still really enchance statues.

Wow great news Ave! Congrats on the new license. I'm definitely looking forward to a nice Conan statue. My favorite ARH Studios piece that I have so far is Thor. That thing is pure greatness. I also have the Leo and Cleo statues which are also very noice. One day I will track down a Medusa statue to add to the collection.

ARHLicenseConanposter.jpg

This looks very awesome. I wish I was familiar with the source material. I have this thing where I only get things from series I know and I personally have never read or watched anything Conan related.

Is that poster the SS EX? It looks kinda weird, the environment around the statue doesnt fit in or something :S

Is that poster the SS EX? It looks kinda weird, the environment around the statue doesnt fit in or something :S

It is, the poster is not exactly set. It may look different by the time it goes out for print

Hey Averone, will the other ARH 'Conan' related pieces actually have Arnold's likeness? Just curious since you guys got the official license now.

i would most certainly be down for a few statues if that's the case. ;)

Hey Averone, will the other ARH 'Conan' related pieces actually have Arnold's likeness? Just curious since you guys got the official license now.

i would most certainly be down for a few statues if that's the case. ;)

We may do an Arnold but we are going for a bigger piece at the moment and a more classic version

"Classic version" kinda liking the sound of that. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

we are between those two ideas for our next Conan. I'm not thinking of copying the exact picture, but something similar. The point is to decide between the museum pose with the girl and dead warriors at his feet or go for something more visceral and savage like the action image.

We eventually can make both, but I want to decide which one to go first.

We will honestly consider all the opinions posted here to decide. SO let me know your opinion by choosing between action or museum

Conan1.jpg

Conan2.jpg

I am definitely liking the second choice though the first one would go better with the Sonja statue you are making and I think that's definitely something worth considering as companion pieces are nice.

The Earl Norem piece (the second one) I personally prefer by far. But then, it is pretty hard to go wrong with Norem when it comes to stuff like this any day of the month.

The first piece of art doesn't even feel all that Conan to me though. Don't much like that art at all, other than the creatures, which admittedly do look kind of cool. But the Conan depicted in that art looks awful, in my opinion. I mean, what the hell is going on with his chest? Never mind the fat, oddly disproportionate leg, or the fact that it looks like the rocky outcropping seems to disappear up Conan's arse. Which would at least explain the look on his face, I suppose... Yeah, can't say I like that artwork much at all. Huge Conan fan and collector though I am, I can't see myself touching a statue based on that art personally.

Last edited:
Back