Arghhh, New Hot Toys- Captain Jack sculpt revealed me hearties

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got this email back from Enterbay:

"Dear Sir,

thank you for your enquiry regarding the upcoming Enterbay Jack Sparrow figure. Regrettably, the factory that manufactures the real gold dubloons has closed down, never to re-open. The 1/6 scale pirate ship will be available at the same time as we release our Prison Break and Scarface figures. In keeping with our pricing policy, the ship will cost $15000.

We thank you for your ongoing and tireless faith in our capacity to one day deliver a high-end figure of the same calibre and price point as Hot Toys.

Kind regards,
Enterbay Management Team."

:horror Is this for real? A 1/6th scale pirate ship for Jack that will cost $15,000 (this is in HK dollars right?) Wow, this will be a magnificent base for Jack..

Thanks for sharing Lejuan! :goodpost:

Personally I think HT's is a near perfect likeness, it gives me some hope for Indy.
It's definately the best PERS sculp they've done.
Enterbay looks like the magician ehh.. What's his name... Angel something.

:horror Is this for real? A 1/6th scale pirate ship for Jack that will cost $15,000 (this is in HK dollars right?) Wow, this will be a magnificent base for Jack..

Thanks for sharing Lejuan! :goodpost:

Jay, if you've never met any Australians, let me tell you something about us: we are almost all sarcastic, piss-taking bastards. Sorry dude, I'm full of more crap than an outback dunny.

Jay, if you've never met any Australians, let me tell you something about us: we are almost all sarcastic, piss-taking bastards. Sorry dude, I'm full of more crap than an outback dunny.

Ahaha! From my reply, you know I've never met an Australian right? :slap :lol I'll take your word from it..

the one by enterbay has 0 likeness to johnny depp.

the one by enterbay has 0 likeness to johnny depp.

I have to disagree with you i can easily see Depp in that sculpt and i find it ridiculous that someone would say they see "0 likeness"
I mean hot toys looks to be the preferred figure but hey enterbay deserves credit where credit is due. ..but we really need more pics:)

I have to disagree with you i can easily see Depp in that sculpt and i find it ridiculous that someone would say they see "0 likeness"
I mean hot toys looks to be the preferred figure but hey enterbay deserves credit where credit is due. ..but we really need more pics:)

He's only saying it to stir people up! he's just sitting back waiting for the fight to begin. :lol

Sparrowwinning.jpg

"winning". Looks like "oh, me thinks me just sharted myself":lol

My take on this is that Enterbay got the likeness from nose down. Mouth looks spot on.

While Hot Toys' got the likeness nose up. The mouth on HT's looks a bit too small and weird.

Now if devil666 could photoshop and combine both :lol

I think the Depp likeness is there, but again, he's got a lot of things on him to become captain Jack. I don't see the CHARACTER of Captain Jack in the sculpts. The smiling one looks like Depp smiling in makeup, not a captain Jack smile. And the other one is too serious. Even when Jack was serious, there was always this slight eyebrow raise.

captain%20jack%20sparrow%20pirates.jpg

Last edited:
I'm on the wagon with the group that sees NO likeness with Enterbays. It looks "real" but in no way do I see Depps face in the Enterbay sculpt. It looks more like a cosplayer than Depp himself. I think HT looks more like Depp, but if I had to nit pick, I'd say HT maybe looks too "young".

I think the Depp likeness is there, but again, he's got a lot of things on him to become captain Jack. I don't see the CHARACTER of Captain Jack in the sculpts. The smiling one looks like Depp smiling in makeup, not a captain Jack smile. And the other one is too serious. Even when Jack was serious, there was always this slight eyebrow raise.

captain%20jack%20sparrow%20pirates.jpg

It's Pug Mug I tell ya! The HT sculpt looks too exaggerated.

Lately, HT is coming really close but missing the last 10% that makes all the difference. Odd they went for a near laughing expression instead of the trademark smirk that captures Jack's brand of exuberance. The detail on the new sculpts is amazing, but I'm not sure it tops the cannibal head for likeness:

SG104951.JPG

Give me a new hat that I can shove down lower on the head along with a coat, and I'm set.

jack1q.jpg

This is sooo much closer to Depp than the HT Pug Mug! Great repaint!

I want one like my siggy pic! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back