Are my reward points really gone????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Heres the story. I had a Medicom Peter Parker pre-oredered and had chose to use my points on the purchase. Last month I decided to cancel my order so I did. Today I go on the site to look around and noticed my points are all gone. Are they not to be reimbursed if I never made the purchase?? If so is there anyway to get them back?? I'll feel like such an ass if there isnt.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but here is your answer straight from the Reward Points FAQ:

Cancellation/Refund Questions
Q: If I cancel a pre-order, will my Sideshow Rewards be taken away?

A: Yes.

Q: If I cancel a pre-order which I purchased with Sideshow Rewards, will my rewards be replaced into my account?

A: No.

I lost them both on the MediCom Peter Parker and the MediCom Jango Fett.:monkey2

I used mine on the Palpatine two pack. I had more than enough to cover the full cost, so I don't think I will be cancelling a free item. But I do feel bad for you guys who have had to cancel an item and lose your hard earned points! You have my sympathy.

They should really fix this thing. Its messed how they just steal the points. I know their a busy company but how hard would it be to just put them back at their leisure?

Actually I believe it clearly states in the FAQ section on reward points that any points used on an item and then later cancelling that item will mean that you lose those points. ux but that is the system they came up with that is why im saving my points for something really nice( marvel Pf if they ever announce another kick arse one!)

Actually I believe it clearly states in the FAQ section on reward points that any points used on an item and then later cancelling that item will mean that you lose those points. ux but that is the system they came up with that is why im saving my points for something really nice( marvel Pf if they ever announce another kick arse one!)

Yup. Thats where my and Tom's quote came from. I even provided a link. :monkey1

Dont worry you'll get more points!!! I see it in your future!!

Why were you ordering Medicom products with your rewards points in the first place??

You can not use rewards points on and distributed products like Medicom or Hot Toys.

If that was true then why would they go through then? It had the price marked down.

Sideshow said:
Q: What can I purchase with my Sideshow Rewards?
A: You can use your rewards towards a purchase of almost all of Sideshow's products on our site!

Currently you cannot use Sideshow Rewards to purchase a distributed product such as Hot Toys, Medicom, Acme, etc

Thats a good question. Sideshow should have it set up where you do not get the option to spend reward points on non qualifying orders.

It came up that way with my Medi Maul pre-order as well. It seems that you can use Points for distributed products. Or it's a glitch that they haven't fixed yet. Anyone have a solid answer?

Why were you ordering Medicom products with your rewards points in the first place??

You can not use rewards points on and distributed products like Medicom or Hot Toys.

That's funny because they robbed me of like $30 worth of points for the HT Sparrow pre-order.

The really sick thing is....I didn't have the $ when I canceled the order & lost my points...and now that I do, I think I'm gonna' order it again.....

Back