Aragorn Premium Format!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Aragorn PF!!!

Arggghhh! I was charged last week, but still no tracking number. This is killing me!

Well, at least I have the recent acquisitions from a local dealer (Ringwraith LSB and The Monster from Bride of Frankenstein PF) to tide me over.

OMG!!!! This collectible is amazing, I just got it in today, it is my first PF. I am speechless, you guys will not be disappointed, I was one of those people that were worried about how it was going to look after the new production pictures but believe me it is amazing looking.

The only con I have with it is the cape does not have a wire in it, so you cant really pose it the way you want to. If you guys have any questions let me know. I just cant keep my eyes from looking at it all the time haha :chew:chew

I totally agree, Karma. IMO, the exclusive is a must. The hand alone does nothing for me.

These pics were taken via right out of the box so I didn't futz or do anything other than take the pics. This is an excellent statue and I'm sure glad I kept my order.

BTW, my Aragorn has somewhat of a roaming eye but it doesn't take away from the statue:

I'm glad to finally see some pictures in this thread. Aragorn looks amazing - I wish I could have kept my order. Hopefully I'll be able to pick him up somewhere down the line when I have more cash.

Looks incredible! I'm glad that the exclusive is on second chance - just re-ordered it. It is amazing that Sideshow's production photography managed to change so many opinions on this piece. Unfortunately the Anakin PF will probably get the axe now, but that was my plan all along anyway. Great job Sideshow, can't wait to get it!

Not bad, not bad at all. I especially like that first shot. Definitely an improvement on the likeness from the most recent production shots from Sideshow.

That said, there is something about that right eye in the first shot (although it appears from the straight on shots that the right eye is positioned better) that throws it off somehow.

Also, the position of the open left hand looks very odd compared to every other shot I've seen. Are you sure its on straight in that pic?

The beard stubble also looks a bit more "sculpted" than the almost uncannily great treatment on the proto.

Overall, a nice PF - somewhere between the awesomehood of the proto and "Darth Aragorn the Vampire" that we saw in the SS production stills. I think it might be just a quick repaint away from greatness.

Congrats!

P.S. Too bad they broke the promise of the wire in the cape. I wonder if they'll now remove or edit the comment that was made on this in the Backstage Pass...

Hey guys, my pics are coming shortly, I'm just uploading them right now. Sorry I'm late, but I was trying to get the right lighting conditions. Stand by......

Looks great. Sideshow needs to have a sit down with their in house photographer.

And/or the people who set up the pieces for photography.

I think the likeness on this looks much better than we had feared, but I'm a little surprised at the rough quality I see on the face. I didn't realize that the stubble was sculpted in that way.

Thanks for the pics and yes i agree that it's somewhere between the proto and the pics SS posted for the finished article.

Looking forward to receiving it for sure but that is strange that his eyes are looking in opposite directions don't know how SS missed that one.In ref to the stubble could be the light but i thought Aragorn's hair and stubble was much darker.

Will be good to see more pics Havok and if anyone can put some of him next to Lurtz that would be great.:D

Last edited:

Okay guys, so here's my little review of the Aragorn PF. First off I want to say that the tailoring is once again amazing. Yeah there isn't a wire in his cloak, but really that doesn't bother me, I just love how the clothing feels. My only real gripe in this category is that Arwen's necklace that he wears wasn't really done as well as it could have been, but then again it's small. Now on to the likeness...I think it's really good, yes I have to be completely honest, I wish it was a bit better, but I'm definitely not disappointed with it. To me personally, it you can look at a piece and say, yeah there's no doubt it's that character, then that's all I can ask. One thing I am a bit puzzled about though concerns his eyes, and it doesn't have anything to do with lazy eye syndrome....it's the fact that there's what looks to be an orange ring around the pupil of his eyes, I'm not a professional painter so I can't explain it for certain, but it just seems a bit out of place. When viewed from afar though you can't even notice it though, so it really isn't anything to get upset about. So all in all, I'm very satisfied with Aragorn, and I think SS did a great job. To me it's the best Aragorn Statue out there. Here's my pics, if anyone has any questions or wants a specific part of him photographed I'll do my best to oblige. Enjoy my friends.......and I hope you all like yours. Oh and I got #488/850

Picture734.jpg

Picture749.jpg

Picture735.jpg

Picture736.jpg

Picture737.jpg

Picture739-1.jpg

Picture738.jpg

Last edited:

Picture748.jpg

Picture744.jpg

Picture745.jpg

Picture746.jpg

Okay that's it I think, sorry if a couple of the close-ups came out a bit blurry, hope you guys like them.

Back