Aragorn at the Black Gates pictures!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just one more time in my life I've managed to stick my foot in my mouth :lol

Well, It depends on if your let down by it if you think they got it wrong.

I think it's just that there was such a drastic improvement in Viggo's likeness between the Strider and Elessar statue that a lot of people were expecting it to look even better this time.

Yeah, its off the likeness I agree. I was also expecting at the great likeness of Elessar especially with BW on the case.

I Like it. It's not the pose I was expecting but it looks great anyway. Very colorful and vibrant.

Really, discussing likeness is stupid. Some don't care like me if it captures what you feel about the character while some do. To me this piece kicks ass and I really have no gripes about it.

I know you have moderated the word 'stupid' but that is not the issue. They have obviously tried to depict Viggo but simply have not achieved a true likeness. The statue is nice but would be a lot better if it looked like Viggo facially.

The fact that you have no gripes abot it is your opinion. You are clearly easily satisified. Some will desire a little closer to perfection and, if they do, then surely they can express this desire.

would be a lot better if it looked like Viggo facially.
From what i can see I think it looks pretty close to Viggo. We need some closer shots of his face before reaching a final deceision. IMO.:aragorn

I shouldn't have said stupid that was a poor choice of words on my part. I should have said its a never ending topic. It goes round and round like a circle.

And you've got anything against people saying the same things over and over again now?

Gruson had a good point, and you don't even need to make the jump to Star Wars. A statue of Gollum as he was filmed would've just been bizarre.
Movie accuracy is a big selling point of these collectibles, replicating every last detail of the costumes and so on. To me that seems like a waste if it the effect gets blown by poor colouring and unappropriate poses.

By the way, am I the only one bugged by the inconsistency of the red clothing? The inside of the cloak, the shirt and the robe should all be the same colour, yet the cloak is distinctly darker.

A statue of Gollum as he was filmed would've just been bizarre.

Now, come one. Thats trying to take that point and stretching it past the point of making any sense with it. Monsters or creatures you can't do that with but humans it more likely thats what has been done with this piece. Though, I do think that it will be a tad darker when it ships to us.

Lol, I like the idea that Aragorn is charging away from the black gate to his men! Especially in that pose with that look on his face! "Charge, Brego, or whoever the hell you are, we have fallen to the dark side and my father Sauron the great has bidden me to assail the fools of the west!"

NASTY

Think I'll cancel my order.Legolas and Gimli p***** all over this one.Disappointed.Actually agree with the 'cartoony' tag this is picking up.Mumakill is cack too.

Re: re

The armor on Brego looks like cheap plastic, seems there's lot of plastic on this piece? no offense.

Hey AsuraZak, you do realize that polystone is a form of plastic right? :poke j/k :lol

What a piece of crap, complete waist of polystone.:puke
What's with the grimace on Aragorn face,? looks
like he's trying to have a @#%$. The colour is way
of, way to bright, the hole thing looks like it just
walked of the set of Monty pythons holy grail,
or some medieval cartoon.

I think I'll get the Toy biz one instead, least that one
has a miner resemblance, to something out of Lord of the rings. :puke :puke :puke

Medieval---What do you think LOTR is based on? Actually if you look at Medieval Knights they usually have bright blankets and such. Mr. T was an Old English scholar.

Back