Aragorn at the Black Gates pictures!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember the same things being said about the Eowyn statue when the photos first hit. I do not here the same thing being said of her now. We all know the statues are all much better than the photos ever are.

Well let's hope so...it won't change my opinion that the charging horse isn't what I wanted tho. Needed Aragorn's face in mid-shout with his sword held high...that's dramatic, we have enough action poses already with

MORGUL LORD, EOWYN, LEGOLAS & GIMLI, GIMLI, KING OF THE DEAD, MUMAK, BOROMIR, THEODEN, GANDALFAX, BALROG DADDY, CAVE TROLL, LEGOLAS, STRIDER, PIPPIN, ATTACK TROLL...

The horse & rider statues that are the best looking often after the ones that are stationary...like RINGWRAITH ON STEED and GOTHMOG ON WARG...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............I can sense a 25 page thread developing here :rollin :rollin :rollin

I absolutely agree with you Wetaholic! My favourite rider and steed statues are stationary too. RWOS, Gothmog on Warg, Sam and Bill....

And when did the Balrog 'cower' over the fellowship? ;)

Eowyn's face was resculpted after the initial pictures were released, and that was obvious. I don't mind the colors being a bit off because that will most likely change, and can be easily corrected. I don't expect an EXACT scene from a clip so much either, but this looks wrong and out of character IMO. Something like this would be perfect for a statue of Arwen rushing to get Frodo to Rivendell, I could completely see that. This is one of those times when less could have been more.

Just as out of character as Aragorn lopping off the Mouth Of Saurons head ;)
Must have been something in the air at the black gates...

hi guys,

if i might add:

Aragorn at the Black Gate doesnt charge full gallop towards the hordes of Sauron, he runs with Anduril in hand. He doesnt gallop to confront the Mouth of Sauron, he rides Brego at a canter with his group.

In all honesty, i like the piece but i cant figure out where they based the sculpture on.

To be blunt, it looks like Faramir's charge to Osgiliath and they interchanged riders or they used Faramir's pose to depict Aragorn.

Truth be told however, the Faramir statue should have him with his sword more outstretched and him riding a bit higher on the horse. But it does make for a fun conspiracy theory... who shot JR? Now, where did AoBG come from. :lol

Nice little convo while I was gone. Really, discussing likeness is stupid. Some don't care like me if it captures what you feel about the character while some do. To me this piece kicks ass and I really have no gripes about it.

For some of us it doesnt matter because we love the book and we dont mind if it does or doesnt look like the actor, aslong as it looks great.

Thats exactly how I am.

... it looks like Faramir's charge to Osgiliath and they interchanged riders or they used Faramir's pose to depict Aragorn...

Hmmmmm....You may be onto something there. Maybe I'll by two of the Aragorns, cut off one of the heads and have someone make he a Faramir head!!! PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!! Oh yeah, repaint it too!!!:lol :lol :lol

I was thinking abouyt the pose- Aragorn does not gallop up to the gates the first time, and he runs up on foot the second time. However, I think he does gallop back to the troops after beheading the Mouth of Sauron. So technically, this could be straight from the movie. This is a sculpt of Aragorn running AWAY from the Black Gate. I think that since they chose to call it "Aragorn at the Black Gates" people have a right to expect something directly from that part of the movie. If they had called it "Aragorn on Brego" that would be different. Based on the title, however, some of us want to see him doing something that he actually did "at the Black Gate" other than run away from it.

Yeah,

Since some people want an Aragorn statue the way he looked when they FILMED ROTK...I want a Jar-Jar statue the way he looked when they filmed TPM...before color correction, etc.

:)

Like this:
jar_jar_ahmed_best.jpg

Come on...bottom line is that this statue should look the way Aragorn and Brego looked in the movie we all know and love. Let's hope they correct it because I would like to buy this piece for my collection...assuming the colors look better in person.

I don't think they are going to do much to the face. They did a pretty decent job and they are going to ship him this year. Fixing much will delay it a lot just like with Eowyn and it appears they must ship it all in 05.

I agree. It does appear that almost everything will be shipping this year. Heck, at the rate they are going we may get EVERYTHING this year.

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

That look on Ahmed Best's face is priceless, like he is going to be some badass character.

Really, discussing likeness is stupid. Some don't care like me if it captures what you feel about the character while some do. To me this piece kicks ass and I really have no gripes about it.

Come on Josh, that's not even a fair statement. Sure discussing the likeness is stupid if you don't care, but for those who think it's very important, it's far from stupid.

I shouldn't have said stupid that was a poor choice of words on my part. I should have said its a never ending topic. It goes round and round like a circle.

That I'll agree with. (the round and round part) It really doesn't matter anyway because it's a done deal. I suppose I'm just so damn dissapointed because I had such high hopes for this one and I like the other rider statues, so I figured they couldnt possibly get it wrong. Lesson learned.

Back