Aragorn at the Black Gates pictures!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PROTOTYPE

oh yeah!!! that's good! perhaps they will change the pose of aragorn too. but its good that they listen and read to the dedicated collectors that support their product! keep it up sideshow, that's awesome commitment! makes for loyal fans!

could you (sideshow) perhaps change it to a non-faramir pose?:wave

Re: PROTOTYPE

FlyandFlight, I thought you said this was one of the flagship pieces...?

This and Sauron...? :(

They will tweek it a tad most likely but they sure as hell aren't going to retool the whole thing.They really don't have much to change anyway its dam near perfect IMO.

Agent,
It isn't to him anymore cause its not up to his liking but I would say for us it would still make that status.

Yea I have the pictures of the side shot as my desktop now.

You know how long I have been waiting for this one...

I'm not suprised I know you've been really looking forward to this one maybe even a little more than I have.

Sauron will remain the piece to own, period! There's no Sauron and Aragorn.

I think it would be better if Aragorn raised his right hand (with the sword) a bit more up and further back. That way it would be a more of an action-pose, not just "running". With his sword above his head, the horse galloping, ready to slice the head off an awful orc or something...
:idea

Prototype hey....

Maybe the new version, instead of being Aragorn on steed charging, will be Faramir on steed charging!

Sauron will remain the piece to own, period! There's no Sauron and Aragorn.

I agree Sauron will be the big daddy of them all. For ME personally this piece may give him a nice run for the money.

FlyandFlight, I thought you said this was one of the flagship pieces...?

I don't remember saying that but Sauron, definitely. Aragorn on Hidalgo? Nope... or let me rephrase that- If the pose had been a non-galloping one, perhaps like the one posted many times by Josh where he is holding up Anduril at the Black Gates, then it most probably would be, in my opinion.

What I have posted in the past has been that I was disappointed mostly in the pose. Even compared it to the Toybiz action figure. The colors were the least of my concerns. :wave

In regard to the "Prototype Shown" talk, also notice that the PJ, Mumak, and Amon Hen pieces do not have "Prototype Shown" even though they are later in the line. Surely something is going on with the 2 new steed pieces.

Agent23 - :toast

Good catch, Elwood49. I think PJ and Amon Hen are fine the way they are. Only the Mumak has received as many arrows as A@BG and L@GoA in the forums.

Yeah, probably some minor tweaks would be the most logical thought. They aren't gonna totally revamp it I bet.

This prototype thing is somewhat disheartening. If Weta is in there tweaking with the sculpts than why couldn't they have just squeezed out the remaining "vital" characters. I am sorry if I am just bemoaning old news here, but it does irritate me a bit. If it is just the modification of paint issues, well then I suppose such is life. :dunno

As much as I would hope for facial resculpts....That is not gonna happen!
I think's it's just repainting the quirky colors!

I read this in another forum that this would of been great pose for Gandalf with his staff out and Shadowfax in the gallop.

Yeah, when he saved Faramir and his men from the Ringwraiths and blasted them with his 'light'!
Definitely! :rock

Really, I dont think that many of the statues have poses that come from the movies. So thats one reason it doesn't bug me especiallyt the rider series they don't really.

Back