Aragorn at the Black Gates pictures!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: !

Way to active pose and it's just to colorfull.Doubt I'll be getting this one, but I think not.

For those concerned about colors, I'd like the share the following pictures to point out that color variations are possible even within the same Edition:

These are my two Gandalfs:

10231645du.jpg

Now take a closer look at the color variation:

10231655lc.jpg

10231662nb.jpg

... that's really what you see, none is more exposed than the other or anything, one has just a lot brighter colors.

They even changed the way the statue is attached to the bas plate from pin to no pin (or vice-versa):

10231677qm.jpg

Don't know if this color variation is common with other pieces, too - Gandalf the Grey is the only statue I got twice.

But I don't rely on any prototype pics if it comes to the color of a statue - and will hold my order for Aragorn at the Black Gates anyway since I missed out on the original Aragorn (any reasonable offers? Just let me know...)

That is VERY interesting, thanks for those pics. My GTG looks like the one on the left.

...but to get back to the topic:

This would have been the pose I would have loved to see:

rotk21090pi.jpg

rotk21230cz.jpg

rotk21244xd.jpg

That's how I remember "Aragorn at the Black Gates", but oh well...:aragorn

nah, that's too cliched...

i like the pise chosen, but please fix the likeness...

My reaction to this one is similar to the Mumak. I love the idea of the pose, and am still waiting to be convinced on the execution. Another rearing horse would have been too much, but this is a different yet interesting way to get an action pose. I think the brightness of the King's colors surprises the eye after a mostly much more muted pallete for the rest of the line. That's the way it should be though I guess.

So again, looks like it could be a real winner, but I'll reserve final judgement for a personal viewing ;) .

:clap

I hope it's one of those you open and all the doubts evaporate. (Gothmog, Shelob were like this for me anyway)

Goliath - I didn't know about the "continuity error Gandalf" set.

I like to call it the "both damaged in all kinds of places and therefore money refunded set" and don't worry about their different colors.

...looking forward to receiving Mr. Brute from you :yay

Hopefully the person that painted all of the Helms Deeps will paint my Aragorn on Brego, and I will get one that's screen accurate.

looking forward to receiving Mr. Brute from you

Oh - excellent! I hadn't put it together. :clap I hope you enjoy him. A nice piece in person, as I said in the email.

My only quibble, assuming that the bright blue colour of the blanket is because the photo is a tad over-exposed, is that Brego (assuming it is Brego - and it sure looks like him in the film) is a bay stallion and the horse in the sculpture is definitely chestnut. Bay horses have black legs and a black mane and tail. Hopefully this is the result of over-exposure too.

?

My only quibble, assuming that the bright blue colour of the blanket is because the photo is a tad over-exposed,
God I sure hope that this is the problem.....Great statue with goofy colors.................:help :help

Re: Overexposure

My only quibble, assuming that the bright blue colour of the blanket is because the photo is a tad over-exposed

Maybe some of you experienced with Photoshop could try to correct that? I tried, but did not achieve satisfactory results...:(

Nice job!:bow , that looks so much better and more like it should be !

shell
x
:toast :gimli

re

OH MY GOD.

WHAT A PIECE.
SSW, you have outdone yourselves... Now, this is what you call going out on a high.

THANK YOU so much. :bow

re

I think the likeness is very good.
Remember people, its difficult to sculpt facial accuracy on a piece like this.

This piece depicts 'Aragorn at the Black Gates' tremendously well. It was never meant to depict 'Viggo at the Black Gates'.

The piece has exceeded all my high expectations for this and will go out on a limb and say that this is indeed, SSW's flagship piece.
:banana

Back