Aquaman and The Lost Kingdom - (2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just watched it, not bad, some dodgy cgi but better than expected. Actually wanted more mera as she fits the part and is still smoking hot lol

Oh well, let's see what's next for the DCU

Ocean Master eating a cheeseburger and a cockroach.
9d1e37914b558bb7f01c73489fbdfb4f.gif

Saw it tonight, 5 years after the original? Wow. A lot in my life has changed since then. Really enjoyed the first one, and this was very similar. 2 hours of comic book movie fun. Manta was a little one-dimensional but with him being possessed most of the movie I guess it supported the narrative. Fight scenes were entertaining. The jokes got a lot of laughs in my theater.

Wilson was really good and I loved how they had him (again) look like classic Aquaman as compared to Momoa. Even a moment with the vibe of the Peter David era Arthur. A “buddy cop” flick that ends the SnyderCurse once and for all. I personally found it great that a fun/adventure movie ushers out the dark/rainy/slow motion riddled Snyder era.

These two will make for a great double feature at my house when the Blu-ray gets released. Not how I thought it would end but it was good. A decent send off for Momoa’s version.

Looking at Rotten Tomatoes I see a 36% splat. I'm not sure why. Are these supposed reviewers expecting There Will Be Blood with tights? I don't recall a whole lot from the first one but remember enjoying it. This seem to be a continuation to a T. Aquaman 2 was like opening a comic book and escaping for a couple hours. There are corny bits. Some cringe humor BUT it was a spectacle. And never boring.

The FX aren't on the same level as Avatar 2 but they looked good enough.

Black Manta is hands down the best looking villain put on the screen in any comic book movie of the last 20 years. The black and chrome suit and those red bug eyes just look awesome. Shame he won't get the high end 1/6 figure treatment.

The ancient tech and hammerhead sub that Manta acquired from the ancient underwater people whatever looked like something straight out of 1950's sci-fi space movies. The designs and the suit the bad guys were wearing. All the diving bells and twirly tentacles ships they had were sweet! LOVE all the designs.

Surfer Aquamoma was his usual self. Ocean Master morphed into Loki. Amber Heard was hawt!

And with that, the Snyderverse has come to an end. Haters better be happy.

It's not Godzilla - 1 but if you like comic books, go see it.

Now to see The Iron Claw tonight. . . .

Back