Aquaman (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got around to seeing the movie and I really enjoyed it. I think WW and Aquaman were easier films to do than Batman or Superman, they just haven't been done on the big screen before, so it's something new and fresh. Batman and Superman have been done over and over, it's hard to come up with something new for them that will be interesting to the regular movie goer.

Just like GotG or Black Panther, I didn't really know any backstory to Aquaman, so the whole movie was something I hadn't seen before.

I will say though that Nicole Kidman was bloody atrocious in this film. Man she is such a ****** actress! The amount of botox she has had renders her facial features emotionless.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah great point about Aquaman’s world building really being uncharted territory in cinema compared to Superman going all the way back to 1978 and Batman 1989!

I don’t know if I can ever have too much Batman though.

WB had a great start with Affleck Batman real shame he became a Super Friends joke in JL.

Watch his entrance in BvS against those cops in that run down house then quickly jump to him holding his leg on the ground in JL it’s like 2 completely different characters.

My favorite Batman scene of all time is him walking out of the rubble to see Superman lifeless body he looked like such a beast!

Again cut to JL Batman :slap

Or his awesome future scene in BvS!

Cut to JL Batman! :slap

Honestly I don’t need another solo Aquaman movie after this because they literally threw in the kitchen sink in this there is nothing left to explore with his world I mean what more shark on sea horse battles?

Lets see who the next Batman will be i’m ready for more Batman v Joker escapades.

Oh gosh Kidman’s stretched face yuck.

I was pretty meh about Aquaman. It all seemed a bit too silly to me. Not sure I'm being fair though - Marvel's GOTG is pretty out there aswell and I deal with that so I dunno.

Fair enough it is a silly movie that I found to be a fun ride.

But he is so powerful he can just replace Superman or WW now in the JL.

Not good having 3 heroes with the exact same power level at least cinematically.

WB has cornered themselves into an interchangeable character conundrum.

Can’t wait for WW2 to see her fight just like Aquaman.

Oh look Superman and Shazam fighting just like each other or Aquaman.

Yawn.

How about some variety WB!

Hell I bet Lex Luthor will soon fight like them lol

Last edited:

Not good having 3 heroes with the exact same power level at least cinematically.

Oh look Superman fighting just like Aquaman.

Yawn.

Yawn.....boring post from the guy with the Marvel avatar

669EFF3F-71FD-4008-97C6-10AB59D32AE9.jpg

Watch his entrance in BvS against those cops in that run down house then quickly jump to him holding his leg on the ground in JL it’s like 2 completely different characters.

My favorite Batman scene of all time is him walking out of the rubble to see Superman lifeless body he looked like such a beast!

Or his awesome future scene in BvS!

Bits and pieces. Battfleck in a nutshell. :lol

The warehouse scene was cool. I like when Batffleck stabs the guy against the wall and he stands in front of him looking like a beast. That was cool. Another cool moment, for me anyways, is before the Martha line, when Batflleck says, "You were never a god. You were never even a man." The way he said it, almost grinding his teeth, was awesome.

If he was in a great film that made sense...not just random images of him looking at his costume, or walking with flowers in slow motion, or weird future dreams...or fighting Bats for no reason, he could have been my favorite Batman. Damn, Batffleck couldn't even get a good Joker. :lol Ironic, and somehow appropriate for the DCFU.

Oh look Superman and Shazam fighting just like each other or Aquaman.

Yawn.

How about some variety WB!

Hell I bet Lex Luthor will soon fight like them lol

Is Aquaman that powerful in the movie? :lol

According to Kevin Feige, Aquaman is still second in power to Captain Saggy Pants. :monkey3

I rarely see this moment get mentioned, probably because it's so fleeting, but every time I see it I just can't help but think holy crap that's the most imposing Batman we've ever seen.

Bits and pieces. Battfleck in a nutshell. :lol

The warehouse scene was cool. I like when Batffleck stabs the guy against the wall and he stands in front of him looking like a beast. That was cool. Another cool moment, for me anyways, is before the Martha line, when Batflleck says, "You were never a god. You were never even a man." The way he said it, almost grinding his teeth, was awesome.

If he was in a great film that made sense...not just random images of him looking at his costume, or walking with flowers in slow motion, or weird future dreams...or fighting Bats for no reason, he could have been my favorite Batman. Damn, Batffleck couldn't even get a good Joker. :lol Ironic, and somehow appropriate for the DCFU.

Yeah no doubt it really is just random awesome shots lol

Is Aquaman that powerful in the movie? :lol

According to Kevin Feige, Aquaman is still second in power to Captain Saggy Pants. :monkey3

They’re going out of their way to not show any crotch whatsoever lol

I rarely see this moment get mentioned, probably because it's so fleeting, but every time I see it I just can't help but think holy crap that's the most imposing Batman we've ever seen.

Imagine Harding Bane standing next to him lol

:lol :lol

Well I am more of a Supes fan, so for me it was great to see Batman get his arse kicked in JL. I just think the movie was done too soon. It should have established the other heroes in their own movie before joining them together. I mean I haven’t seen the movie in while, but where did Arthur get is Aquaman costume for that film? Was it something Bruce came up with because we know he wasn’t wearing it prior to becoming King of Atlantis.

I just think from the audience reaction that moviegoers want to see movies that are more lighthearted, with just a touch of darkness and despair. Superman killed Zod in MoS, that was too dark for the audience. BvS was overall a dark theme that culminated in the death of Superman. Justice League tried to got the more lighthearted route, but because it’s theme varied greatly to the 2 other prior films, it wasn’t received very well. Yet WW and Aquaman have hit it out of the park.

WB need to go back to basics with solo Superman and Batman films and get them right for the audience and then return to the Justice League.

Unfortunately they will always just seem like a copycat of the MCU because they started more than 5 years after them. They will always be behind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve never understood the hate for that scene. He’s just been clobbered by Supes, what would you expect?

(But it *is* kinda funny how it takes him 10 minutes to run to Heroes’ Park when all the other heroes zoom there in an instant!)

The humor in that scene was not Batman humor. Batman humor is " i'm not the one who brought a pitch fork" and Alfred" It's good to see you playing well with others again" Batman "Maybe temporary".

I like that temporary line.

But his “i’m rich” might be too much nyuck nyuck.

It’s amazing how a 30 second AEG teaser trailer makes me forget about Aquaman lol

I just watched a video where the guy said Marvel has made it where he’s now taking a goddamn cgi Racoon seriously :lol

Last edited:
jye: “a-dev what did you think of aquaman?”

a-dev: “Aquaman? Hold on jye let me bend the arm on my T2 figure”

30 seconds later:

a-dev: “What movie were you asking me about?”

Back