Premium Format Apocalypse PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your absolutely right dude. I got in a fight with my girl last night (technically this morning now that I'm looking at the timestamp) and I absolutely decided to take it all out on some poor innocent new guy in the form of a rant online. Complete **** move on my part .

My bad krzykoopa . I would have kicked a baby last night. If its any reconciliation my head is pounding and my gf still hates me
Damn Tav! No worries man, had to point it out dude.

You're a better man for admitting it and apologising...
Respect!
Hope you got it sorted :1-1:

what a great page this was to read lmao!

-Ill say this much…agree XM looks fantastic as a new-comer..I am on the list as one of those people who is checking the magneto thread every 4 hours it seems for new info…can't can't wait..also agree that people accepting crappy quality and also SS crappy QC (the $65 or return bs) is also upsetting and people should want more than that..like I said I got a damn near perfect apoc ( i seriously looked it over w tooth and comb and not a single blur, line, crack, etc), only thing was rusty pegs for the hoses which didn't bother me n shoved right in…but I CANT IMAGINE getting this piece, which I PO day 1, which I waited for since SDCC, a character of whom I am a HUGE fan of, know everything about the character, and opening my box to see cracks, paint chips, and other stuff, and THEN be told not to worry, because my options are to take a minuscule credit, or just return it and act like the order never happened. Idk what i would've done or how ape**** I would have gone, but it wouldn't have been "breaks and qc damage happen." So BCZ of that, others will and rightfully so be frustrated with SS and, if XM lives up to the reputation set by captain america, look to them to help fill some of the gaping holes that SS created when their qc bent them over without kissing them first. I for one think that the XM quality will continue, at LEAST thru their initial statues, (magneto, phoenix, wolverine are the ones i care about) in order to build the brand, customer base, etc. If that happens, and when people start posting pics of the stunning magneto piece in-hand, that is when people will start noticing and hopefully that will lead to either SS changes or some of my fellow collectors not just taking handouts in the form of qc and customer service.

For me personally a XM piece would cost the equivalent of two PFs and they don't do movie characters which is my main interest.
They are looking really good but not for everyones taste and budget.

Anyway, Apoc issues...

For me personally a XM piece would cost the equivalent of two PFs and they don't do movie characters which is my main interest.

Anyway, Apoc issues...

I totally agree with that statement! I would never ever buy a character from them, for that cost, unless it was a total must-have, no questions asked. at having to spend probably close to $800 when its all said and done, he/she/it better be a character you're in love with and can't live without (although I realize as i type this i do have the $1200 predator2 maq on order so who really knows about my career as a financial advisor), which is why I, realistically, will only order magneto as it stands now as he's the man for me, right there with apoc, but crap if they somehow get access to and make my uber short list of "must-have x-men characters that I've given up on SS making", (mr sinister, omega red) then my wallet will hate me!

Last edited:

Anyway, Apoc issues...

Yeah, I'm kind of in the same situation because I want them to be instantly recognizable as the comic characters, but I really like the hyper-realistic deal that sideshow has put into their upcoming marvel PF's. And I absolutely love the premium format material aspect. XM stuff does look good, but the brighter colors, and more comic looking portraits (compared to allied charge pf) is what turned me off. Price too was a turn off.

But I'm watching closely. I'd be all over some of their stuff if I liked the characters more. If they do a Spidey... I might be in trouble.

Out of the 4 I've seen in their site. Cap and Widow are nice. Not $800 dollars nice though. Maybe $600, but no way $800. Iron Man and Hulk have some questionable paint applications. You'd think a new company trying to get it's brand and rep out there would price lower. $800 for a 18 inch piece and it has to be amazing. For me $600 is pushing it. At $800 it better be the best statue ever and I'll never have need or want for another version of this character. It's great XM checks each statue before it ships to you. That's fairly easy to do when you have 500 pieces. Once they have multiple statues at 2500 or more pieces a run. That QC is guaranteed to skip or slow down. I'm not saying SS is the best there is. There are QC issues. SS does need some competition. But XM is going to have to price competitively too

OK, I see this 'XM costs $800' all the time. No, it doesn't. That price is in Singapore $$$, not US. Tavegg got his XM Cap shipped to him for under $600. I'm not saying all future releases will be the same price (especially larger characters like Hulk or Apocalypse) but SSC charges a premium for those characters as well. SSC will always be cheaper for domestic buyers. However, some peeps are willing to pay extra for quality and innovative poses. Lastly, XM is filling a HUGE void SSC refuses to. They are a company that has a dedicated 1/4 fully sculpted line. They ONLY produce fully sculpted pieces. A LOT of SSC customers would love to have SSC have a 1/4 fully sculpted line (I'm one of them) but that's not happening. So fans of that medium now have XM to turn to.

To be honest, I didn't pick up XM's Cap and I desperately need a 1/4 Cap in my collection. A few minor things threw me off with the piece (his face, belt, and boots) but there is no denying the impact of the statue. It is a beautiful piece. An inspired design, many switch out features, and undeniable top quality QC. However, if I'm dropping close to $600 on a statue, I want it to be my ideal version of the character I want. I can say this though...XM's Magneto is ALL over my radar. That piece looks like it's going to be very special. If completed proto pics look as good as I expect (and the price is reasonable), I'll be all over it. I'll also be keeping an eye out on all of there future releases because they give me what I want as a collector...1/4 fully sculpted pieces.

hehe do the plastic hoses on apocalypse make this mixed media? (legit question, no sarcasm) which is why i laughed…anyway...

I guess that it could technically. Regardless, it's listed as a PF since it's in 1/4 scale and SSC doesn't differentiate between mixed media and fully sculpted anymore. A shame really. I'd love to see a dedicated 1/4 fully sculpted line from SSC. I really think they don't want to venture there because they seem to struggle with QC on fully sculpted pieces and cloth makes it a bit easier to cover those problems up. I'm glad XM is around to show them that quality 1/4 fully sculpted pieces can be done.

My Apocalypse will be here on Thursday. I'm a more than a little anxious to see what he looks like given the QC issues we have seen of late. This piece is actually the most $$$ I have ever spent on any one SSC order and instead of feeling excitement and joy, I'm just wondering if I'll receive a decent piece. Hopefully, I'll be pleasantly surprised on Thursday.

Haha. We've all been there. Just tell her to get off her high horse... She's now replaceable because XM Magneto is coming. :rotfl JK JK

Really though, don't do that. We may never hear from you again.

Damn Tav! No worries man, had to point it out dude.

You're a better man for admitting it and apologising...
Respect!
Hope you got it sorted :1-1:

Thanks guys. Appreciate it.

And col I'm glad you did buddy. Everything you said was spot on. New guy didn't deserve the wrath of an angry and highly intoxicated Jerk off

Out of the 4 I've seen in their site. Cap and Widow are nice. Not $800 dollars nice though. Maybe $600, but no way $800. Iron Man and Hulk have some questionable paint applications. You'd think a new company trying to get it's brand and rep out there would price lower. $800 for a 18 inch piece and it has to be amazing. For me $600 is pushing it. At $800 it better be the best statue ever and I'll never have need or want for another version of this character. It's great XM checks each statue before it ships to you. That's fairly easy to do when you have 500 pieces. Once they have multiple statues at 2500 or more pieces a run. That QC is guaranteed to skip or slow down. I'm not saying SS is the best there is. There are QC issues. SS does need some competition. But XM is going to have to price competitively too

Very fair points Joe. Your right about this cap being their first and potentially their best QC run period. If/when the ES increases QC will undoubtedly be harder to control. Happens to most companies I'd assume.
XM did state they picked a factory that was higher priced then others because of their reputation for quality. XM sent their own personal painters to the factory to train the workers on exactly how they wanted this cap painted That's extra for their cost basis just in those two moves alone. I know that the higher the ES is the cheaper the manufacturing price per unit comes out to be. This is a general quote from Jerry of PCS from a statue forum post of his. That comes into consideration as well on the smaller ES pricing wise. Lastly these don't cost $800 buddy. I paid $510 for my XM cap statue by itself and another $140 to have it delivered. My invoice from simply toys was posted in the XM cap thread to prove that some of the other retailers were gouging a bit. It's still posted there for all to see. Normally I wouldn't post a personal invoice but I wanted collectors to get the best deal they could on Cap and no one believed what I paid for him until I posted the invoice. XM is priced competitively my man. The shipping kills them. If this were available to is here in the U.S. we'd be paying about $550 shipped which is about a hundred bucks or so higher then were paying for the average SS PF shipped at their current prices

what a great page this was to read lmao!

-Ill say this much…agree XM looks fantastic as a new-comer..I am on the list as one of those people who is checking the magneto thread every 4 hours it seems for new info…can't can't wait..also agree that people accepting crappy quality and also SS crappy QC (the $65 or return bs) is also upsetting and people should want more than that..like I said I got a damn near perfect apoc ( i seriously looked it over w tooth and comb and not a single blur, line, crack, etc), only thing was rusty pegs for the hoses which didn't bother me n shoved right in…but I CANT IMAGINE getting this piece, which I PO day 1, which I waited for since SDCC, a character of whom I am a HUGE fan of, know everything about the character, and opening my box to see cracks, paint chips, and other stuff, and THEN be told not to worry, because my options are to take a minuscule credit, or just return it and act like the order never happened. Idk what i would've done or how ape**** I would have gone, but it wouldn't have been "breaks and qc damage happen." So BCZ of that, others will and rightfully so be frustrated with SS and, if XM lives up to the reputation set by captain america, look to them to help fill some of the gaping holes that SS created when their qc bent them over without kissing them first. I for one think that the XM quality will continue, at LEAST thru their initial statues, (magneto, phoenix, wolverine are the ones i care about) in order to build the brand, customer base, etc. If that happens, and when people start posting pics of the stunning magneto piece in-hand, that is when people will start noticing and hopefully that will lead to either SS changes or some of my fellow collectors not just taking handouts in the form of qc and customer service.

Very fair unbiased post here.

I don't think anyone is refuting that SS is the king of this hobby. They have more history and perfectly executed statues in the 1/4 scale department then any other company around. XM has one. My main gripe and some that feel the same way is that we are just asking for a little more effort on SSs part. Like A2 is stating I waited for this Apoc for almost a year. I ordered him on day one like many other excited fans. I don't care about the monetary discount I can receive or the fact that SS will give me a full refund. I wanted an Apoc fairly close to the one I was shown when I had to commit my money far in advance to secure him. We shouldn't be shown a statue at SDCC and on their product page that looks absolutely phenomenal and then sent one that looks like the garbage most have received thus far. It's not fair to me or to anyone else that has also waited and paid for this statue only to be let down with its release and then told to take the credit or send it back. That's piss poor CS on SSs part and there's no refuting that fact. XM is a breath of fresh air to some of us only because of the quality and artistic designs we have seen from them thus far. When SS puts out a great product (superman) you will see me raving about the quality and product just the same. Don't take my word for it. Check the thread yourself. I posted in it a couple days ago when I got my Supes and I was ear to ear when I opened him up.

Well after reading Traveggs rant then members sticking up for me then the apology. I see no reason to retort and say Trav no worries man.

Well after reading Traveggs rant then members sticking up for me then the apology. I see no reason to retort and say Trav no worries man.

Your a true gentleman.

Once again my apologies for the unwarranted rant . I can be a complete doucher but I am also humble enough to know and admit when I am wrong and I was definitely wrong

Your a true gentleman.

Once again my apologies for the unwarranted rant . I can be a complete doucher but I am also humble enough to know and admit when I am wrong and I was definitely wrong

And he is James Bond. It is best to put this behind you before the last thing you see is a Walther PPK. :lol

.... so much whining going on. Im glad SSC refused replacements, I haven't seen one photo with a legitimate compliant.

both of you are on block. :pfft:

I don't respond to fair-weather fickle "fans" that don't even know who the character is in the first place.

Back