Premium Format Apocalypse PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell, if you can send him to Chi-town for me, I'll happily pay the plane ticket myself to send Cutler on a one way trip to Indy. :lol

Haha Jay "get filleted" cutler. At least he holds records... Sack records. Who'd they draft first round?

Quality > Quantity

Every time

Yep. Maybe SS should lower the run of some of these. They made like 9K Batman PF and that thing is nothing like the promo pics. Which has kept me from buying so far. Supes on the other hand is what Batman, being the flagship, should have been. Especially if they are going to do multiple statues of the same character. Limit those runs. If they're going to make pieces and list them as companions. Please make their bases blend to show us they're in the same environment and not companion pieces, because these characters are related in the comics. I'd love to see an X-Men run where all the statues have various parts of the X-mansion and/or Danger Room as bases not some X. If that means less statues a year and longer to get the whole set so be it. When it comes to team pieces I wish they did the run as a common era and not the most iconic version, since sometimes those pieces don't mesh to well. Just my 2 cents. Apologies for the almost rant.

Haha Jay "get filleted" cutler. At least he holds records... Sack records. Who'd they draft first round?

Not a QB. :lol They picked up a good CB in Kyle Fuller from Va Tech so I have no complaints. It was actually the D that let Bears fans down last year. It was abysmal.

Yep. Maybe SS should lower the run of some of these. They made like 9K Batman PF and that thing is nothing like the promo pics. Which has kept me from buying so far. Supes on the other hand is what Batman, being the flagship, should have been. Especially if they are going to do multiple statues of the same character. Limit those runs. If they're going to make pieces and list them as companions. Please make their bases blend to show us they're in the same environment and not companion pieces, because these characters are related in the comics. I'd love to see an X-Men run where all the statues have various parts of the X-mansion and/or Danger Room as bases not some X. If that means less statues a year and longer to get the whole set so be it. When it comes to team pieces I wish they did the run as a common era and not the most iconic version, since sometimes those pieces don't mesh to well. Just my 2 cents. Apologies for the almost rant.

what do you think they're doing with the X-Men PFs? :lol

I got my Apoc a few days ago but have been following this thread for quite some time so I didn't want to post as soon as I got it. After really looking over my statue I have one imperfection and its under one of the shoulder pads so no biggie there the other problem I had was the pegs for both my chainsaw and gun were rusted I sanded them down carefully and now they are fine and go in smooth. My worry is will the rust come back? If so could that effect other pegs down the line or the statue itself? I actually don't have a good place for him at the moment so its on my table till I move a few things around. Without further ado
ZFqrUuw.jpg
[/IMG]

Rust shouldn't be an issue if you sanded and it's in a dry place. Over sea shipping dampness caused the rust, you should be in the clear brother.

Also, what would dampness like this do to a legit pf with cloth? Stain the cloth?

Yeah mine was pretty bad. I didn't post pics as there already enough but I had several small issues. If it would have been one or two I would have been alright and kept mine.

As far as replacements you guys have to work that convo harder. I got SS to agree to send me a full replacement with the warning that it may be just as bad. I could roll the dice but to be honest I'm just not impressed with this guy at 600 bucks. I'll wait for XM to do him and hope that they nail it instead. It will cost the same anyways! Might be awhile but I can wait

I told everyone this when the first no replacement email was posted. They are just trying to mitigate the amount of replacements sent out.

Only one yet there is quite a few "ill wait for XM to do it" I would think they have as many as Bowen with how thats getting tossed around.

Here's some fun facts for you buddy. XMs cap stomps all over SS's product quality in every way possible. You don't have to like the pose, the portrait, or even the statue itself! Quality wise SS loses at every angle. The packaging poops all over anything SS has ever put together. The paint application is something I've never seen from any other manufacturer period. Its flawless and perfect. Every line, every color, executed perfectly. Display options? Let's not even go there as we all know what SS's version of an exclusive is right now! Another fun surprise? XMs captain weighs just as much as Apocalypse does! Pound for pound they are identical! Please tell me what your excuse and every other SS fanboy will have when Hulk, Black Widow, Jron Man, Magneto, Thanos, Pheonix, Wolverine, and Antman come out perfectly executed just like Cap?

I don't understand why people are so quick to tear down a brand new company that is doing everything right! They want your feedback. They make changes based on what you and I want to see in a statue! Our input matters! They actually care what you think!

Tell me they are priced to high or tell me you don't like the Sculpt itself. Tell me anything but the BS you and every other SS fanboy is posting and ill shut my mouth!!! XM is real and they are making a large impact in the collector community right now. SS will be forced to rethink their strategy and inevitably focus on their quality and artistic designs. Every company will have to up their game because if they don't XM will take a portion of the market share that isn't coming back. I can't even begin to fathom some of the responses I have read in this very thread. My statue is cracked but I will make due and live with it since it's only one crack! I don't expect perfection because I know these are hand painted so a couple blemishes are fine by me!!! Yeah XM has only done one statue so far. They also check every single individual statue before allowing the product to ship out to you. XM touches up the defects. They fix bad pieces before you get the liberty of opening them up yourself. XM actually cares about what shows up to your doorstep!! They take pride in their quality yet people are so quick to judge? Is this too much to ask of a company that has been doing this for 20 years? Especially when a different company that has been doing it for less then a year considers it a basic standard?

SS used to focus on quality. Now they focus on quantity. Business is business. I understand that but the first response given by a customer service rep to a collector with a large gaping crack in his statue is take this credit or get bent?? You go ahead and support that crap. I refuse too. I don't expect perfection but when I'm dropping $650 to have a high quality statue shipped to my home, that's exactly what I expect. Why wouldn't I? It's what I paid for!!

Give him a break Tav.
SS fanboy? You're starting to sound like a XM fanboy to be fair.

We all know your views on XM quality but that comes at a price. Should SS be producing that same quality? Of course they should.
The fact that they have only produced one piece is a legitimate fact and could very well be accountable for the high quality.
We all saw the pictures of every piece being checked and the airbrush coming out to any issues. Will that be possible when they have more than one product arriving with them? When they get bigger and the pressure builds? Only time will tell.

So yes their first release made a very good impression, like it should. Only time will tell if that continues and for your sake, and others, I hope it does.
After all if issues start cropping up only then will you find out the quality of their C.S.

Thinking about it I'm pretty sure XM themselves said they use the same factories as SS.
Difference, they probably take more time and care to secure future contracts.
Will that last long term?...

:exactly:
I thought it was a bit strong responding to a new member, with 34 posts who asked a legitimate question, with that rant.
Especially...
'Please tell me what your excuse and every other SS fanboy will have'.

Only one yet there is quite a few "ill wait for XM to do it" I would think they have as many as Bowen with how thats getting tossed around.

I think people are just excited that there seems to be a legitimate competitor to Sideshow. I am looking forward to seeing their painted Magneto.

:exactly:
I thought it was a bit strong responding to a new member, with 34 posts who asked a legitimate question, with that rant.
Especially...
'Please tell me what your excuse and every other SS fanboy will have'.

Your absolutely right dude. I got in a fight with my girl last night (technically this morning now that I'm looking at the timestamp) and I absolutely decided to take it all out on some poor innocent new guy in the form of a rant online. Complete **** move on my part .

My bad krzykoopa . I would have kicked a baby last night. If its any reconciliation my head is pounding and my gf still hates me

Your absolutely right dude. I got in a fight with my girl last night (technically this morning now that I'm looking at the timestamp) and I absolutely decided to take it all out on some poor innocent new guy in the form of a rant online. Complete **** move on my part .

My bad krzykoopa . I would have kicked a baby last night. If its any reconciliation my head is pounding and my gf still hates me

Haha. We've all been there. Just tell her to get off her high horse... She's now replaceable because XM Magneto is coming. :rotfl JK JK

Really though, don't do that. We may never hear from you again.

Here's some fun facts for you buddy. XMs cap stomps all over SS's product quality in every way possible. You don't have to like the pose, the portrait, or even the statue itself! Quality wise SS loses at every angle. The packaging poops all over anything SS has ever put together. The paint application is something I've never seen from any other manufacturer period. Its flawless and perfect. Every line, every color, executed perfectly. Display options? Let's not even go there as we all know what SS's version of an exclusive is right now! Another fun surprise? XMs captain weighs just as much as Apocalypse does! Pound for pound they are identical! Please tell me what your excuse and every other SS fanboy will have when Hulk, Black Widow, Jron Man, Magneto, Thanos, Pheonix, Wolverine, and Antman come out perfectly executed just like Cap?

I don't understand why people are so quick to tear down a brand new company that is doing everything right! They want your feedback. They make changes based on what you and I want to see in a statue! Our input matters! They actually care what you think!

Tell me they are priced to high or tell me you don't like the Sculpt itself. Tell me anything but the BS you and every other SS fanboy is posting and ill shut my mouth!!! XM is real and they are making a large impact in the collector community right now. SS will be forced to rethink their strategy and inevitably focus on their quality and artistic designs. Every company will have to up their game because if they don't XM will take a portion of the market share that isn't coming back. I can't even begin to fathom some of the responses I have read in this very thread. My statue is cracked but I will make due and live with it since it's only one crack! I don't expect perfection because I know these are hand painted so a couple blemishes are fine by me!!! Yeah XM has only done one statue so far. They also check every single individual statue before allowing the product to ship out to you. XM touches up the defects. They fix bad pieces before you get the liberty of opening them up yourself. XM actually cares about what shows up to your doorstep!! They take pride in their quality yet people are so quick to judge? Is this too much to ask of a company that has been doing this for 20 years? Especially when a different company that has been doing it for less then a year considers it a basic standard?

SS used to focus on quality. Now they focus on quantity. Business is business. I understand that but the first response given by a customer service rep to a collector with a large gaping crack in his statue is take this credit or get bent?? You go ahead and support that crap. I refuse too. I don't expect perfection but when I'm dropping $650 to have a high quality statue shipped to my home, that's exactly what I expect. Why wouldn't I? It's what I paid for!!

Out of the 4 I've seen in their site. Cap and Widow are nice. Not $800 dollars nice though. Maybe $600, but no way $800. Iron Man and Hulk have some questionable paint applications. You'd think a new company trying to get it's brand and rep out there would price lower. $800 for a 18 inch piece and it has to be amazing. For me $600 is pushing it. At $800 it better be the best statue ever and I'll never have need or want for another version of this character. It's great XM checks each statue before it ships to you. That's fairly easy to do when you have 500 pieces. Once they have multiple statues at 2500 or more pieces a run. That QC is guaranteed to skip or slow down. I'm not saying SS is the best there is. There are QC issues. SS does need some competition. But XM is going to have to price competitively too

Back