Premium Format Apocalypse PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It could also be because Olivetti's art, the one they used as inspiration is a more toned down look in terms of colours palette. I personally prefer it. Yes a brighter color would've made it pop more, but this makes him look grittier and darker like he should

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

This. In the Dark angel saga from x-force the color palette is toned down quite a bit and this is a more accurate representation of Oli's Apocs.
With that said, vibrant blue would of made him great too.

It could also be because Olivetti's art, the one they used as inspiration is a more toned down look in terms of colours palette. I personally prefer it. Yes a brighter color would've made it pop more, but this makes him look grittier and darker like he should

See that's not what I mean. I mean maybe they could have put another coat of paint on it to make it richer and less muted. Like you said, its based off Olivetti's work so I am not meaning to change the whole color scheme....although I admit, my favorite version of Apocalypse is the Bowen designs statue version. That is the Apoc I know and enjoy best.

yay FED EX messed up my order. Do Canadians still receive a printed Commericial Invoice with their parcels?

Because there was none on my parcel along with several others that are sitting at a Fed EX depot. Apparently they won't give it to me until they sort out why they didn't receive that information. I think it's an IT glitch on their end. IMHO we shouldn't be paying for such shoddy service.

pics or it didn't happen

Heh, i'll try to take some with my cousin's phone when she comes by. I don't have a digital camera or iphone/blackberry or whatever every person on the planet have but me.

I keep watching that remaining number get lower and lower. But I can't budge on it. I want him like everyone does. It's gonna be a $1000+ piece in the aftermarket for sure but I can't do $670 on one statue. I really pushed it doing $575 when I bought an Abomination EX. $670? I'll just hate myself for it ha

based on the previous SS inside video, they stated that they paint up the proto and provide that sample to china for production. he did not state anywhere about providing techniques or colored used. basically they have to eyeball everything based off what i got off the video. either way turned out great.

yay FED EX messed up my order. Do Canadians still receive a printed Commericial Invoice with their parcels?

Because there was none on my parcel along with several others that are sitting at a Fed EX depot. Apparently they won't give it to me until they sort out why they didn't receive that information. I think it's an IT glitch on their end. IMHO we shouldn't be paying for such shoddy service.

Ssc hasn't done commerical invoices on the last couple of statues I received. My MJ had the price marked on te shipping label and my Supe had no price.

See that's not what I mean. I mean maybe they could have put another coat of paint on it to make it richer and less muted. Like you said, its based off Olivetti's work so I am not meaning to change the whole color scheme....although I admit, my favorite version of Apocalypse is the Bowen designs statue version. That is the Apoc I know and enjoy best.
I feel you bro, I too love the bright colours especially since I grew up with the Xmen cartoon and didn't see Apoc in comics til I was a little older. even then he's always been a little brighter. but like Snad said, it probably has a a LOT to do with the way SS takes their pics too and lighting. Most of the pics have also been pretty underlit. well I'll know soon enough Lol. going home in a short while. Waiting for wife now lol

Im asking for a refund on shipping. It's ridiculous that FED EX system is so archaic that they can't update their database.

Allegedly my Apoc. should be available tomorrow. It should've been here yesterday... and I went to the depot. it's sitting right there but they wanna nickel and dime me even though it's their mistake. I don't even know how some of them still have a job.

Yes Im angry.

btw the Skaar had some ****** dull paint as well. The proto paint obviously is different than the production paint. I will have to wait and see Apoc in person before grabbing the pitchfork. I am not pleased that this is eggshell thin either.

Courtesy of rhy on sf

14459288362_ffdd53b62d_k.jpg

14480815333_b5c1f73836_k.jpg

The blue is a completely different shade, and the bands on his legs are different. They're a single solid, much darker, color, and are missing the outline thin stripes.

The devil's in the details.

The shoulder pads are noticeably different. I believe his pads are metallic on the proto, and obviously a lighter blue than the dark blue matte finish used on production. It looks like the factory was lazy with the paint scheme. Production pieces typically look more duller than proto, but the fact that they took a short cut and didn't even distinguish between certain components is a travesty. Obviously shouldn't be priced the way it is considering they changed the weight and paint scheme of the final product.

skaar was almost 50% cheaper and weighs double. Makes no sense.

Im asking for a refund on shipping. It's ridiculous that FED EX system is so archaic that they can't update their database.

Allegedly my Apoc. should be available tomorrow. It should've been here yesterday... and I went to the depot. it's sitting right there but they wanna nickel and dime me even though it's their mistake. I don't even know how some of them still have a job.

Yes Im angry.
I'm pretty pissed as well...my step son was kind enough to sit at the condo all day waiting for Fedex to arrive...as of right now they are a no-show with absolutely zero updates on their tracking website
I have no idea what is happening

Thanks Fedex

Yes Im angry.

I'm pretty pissed as well...my step son was kind enough to sit at the condo all day waiting for Fedex to arrive...as of right now they are a no-show with absolutely zero updates on their tracking website

Thanks Fedex
There was a custom issue for me as well but they said it should be here tomorrow, if not they will feel the wraith of apocalypse. ..

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Thanks Fedex

Sideshow sent them the ECI, they are moving towards a paperless route for taxes and invoicing. The problem is the IT department is too stupid to merge the two dataforms, therefore customs does not clear parcels... which means we don't get our Sideshow shipments (and this doesn't apply only to Apocalyse) until they sort the mess out. I don't think it's Sideshow's fault but FEDEX, either or Im asking for a reimbursement on shipping fee. FedEx said they would reimburse the sender which is Sideshow. I will discuss with them tomorrow when this issue is hopefully resolved. I still cant believe that they have an entire room filled with parcels from Sideshow that haven't cleared customs.

Back